Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    Ferrell looks real good. Pushing William's around at will. Thompson should be a 3rd rounder. Guy is wayyyyy overrated.
    So I missed the 1st half. From what I've seen, Williams has actually held up pretty well against Ferrell, although Ferrell has looked beast like on every play and has made a few plays, not going up directly against Williams.

Did Ferrell dominate him in the first half?

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    So I missed the 1st half. From what I've seen, Williams has actually held up pretty well against Ferrell, although Ferrell has looked beast like on every play and has made a few plays, not going up directly against Williams.

Did Ferrell dominate him in the first half?
    He did make more of a noticeable impact in the first half. Williams held his own in the 2nd for sure.

A scenario keeps popping in my head that our pick is right in front of the New York Giants pick. They could definitely covet Haskins at 6. Knowing this, any QB needy team could trade up in front of the Giants with us to make this selection at 5. We could drop a few picks making a trade with Jacksonville to pick up an extra 2nd rounder potentially which would be huge in my opinion while still being able to draft who we want (Greedy, Oliver, White, Jonah Williams etc.)

Denver, Cincinnati, Washington could also want to do the same. (Obviously not guaranteeing someone we want will be there if we swapped with these teams but acquiring more then just a 2nd as these teams would be moving up more into the draft then Jacksonville would be.)

A scenario keeps popping in my head that our pick is right in front of the New York Giants pick. They could definitely covet Haskins at 6. Knowing this, any QB needy team could trade up in front of the Giants with us to make this selection at 5. We could drop a few picks making a trade with Jacksonville to pick up an extra 2nd rounder potentially which would be huge in my opinion while still being able to draft who we want (Greedy, Oliver, White, Jonah Williams etc.)

Denver, Cincinnati, Washington could also want to do the same. (Obviously not guaranteeing someone we want will be there if we swapped with these teams but acquiring more then just a 2nd as these teams would be moving up more into the draft then Jacksonville would be.)
    Drafting Devin White seems like an awful move for this team, trade down or not.

Personally, dont want to trade down at this time. Go get the elite player instead of trying to get cute.

Way to early to start think about scenario's like this for me, but i'm never again trading down if the guy I want isn't there. Right now, for me, Nick Bosa is the only "man i'd ****ing love to have him" player in this draft. So we will see as things get closer. Let's get a coach and sigh some free agents.

For the record, Larry Fitz is a FA. Although i could see Chris Godwin fitting in nicely in tge slot role that dominates in Bruce Arians offense. Maybe John Brown on the outside? He's also a FA

For the record, Larry Fitz is a FA. Although i could see Chris Godwin fitting in nicely in tge slot role that dominates in Bruce Arians offense. Maybe John Brown on the outside? He's also a FA
    Not a huge fan of always getting former players that played for a franchise at one point. Players abilities change over time and it doesnt mean they will perform exactly like they did in a bunch of previous years. Lovie Smith brought former players over and it didnt pan out well. I'm all for upgrades at the right price but I think this years draft with input from BA and TB is more important then anything.

Not a huge fan of always getting former players that played for a franchise at one point. Players abilities change over time and it doesnt mean they will perform exactly like they did in a bunch of previous years. Lovie Smith brought former players over and it didnt pan out well. I'm all for upgrades at the right price but I think this years draft with input from BA and TB is more important then anything.
    I agree, however it always seems to happen. In this case I'm not talking about scrubs like Chris Conte. I could see one of these two coming in

I agree, however it always seems to happen. In this case I'm not talking about scrubs like Chris Conte. I could see one of these two coming in
    The last thing we need is a WR who costs that much money. Fitzgerald is a HOFer, expensive, we dont need that. I'd rather keep Humphries and I dont even want to do that.

Even a guy like Patrick Petersen. A few people have mentioned in here that they want him here. I love the guy. I would want him here too. But do you see his cap hit? We would have to unload more then what I have mentioned previous. Those are big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    The last thing we need is a WR who costs that much money. Fitzgerald is a HOFer, expensive, we dont need that. I'd rather keep Humphries and I dont even want to do that.
    I'm not saying that I want to do it either, i'm just bringing up the very real possibility that it could happen. Here is the deal, Humphries will be evaluated. They will determine how good of a fit he will be in this new offense and based on what they decide will determine how much effort we put into resigning him.

I am obviously not sure yet as to exactly what the offense and defense schemes will look like, but just like all of you, I am able to take an educated guess. At the WR position, Arians offense thrives with a deep threat on the outside and a skilled player in the slot. The slot position in his offense is more important then it is in most. Mike Evans does not fit the mold to fill either of those 2 roles. He will continue to dominate in the Split-end (X) role.

Chris Godwin typically plays the Flanker (Z) role, which is the #2 outside receiver. If Humpries leaves, that leaves the slot position open. Maybe they bring in Larry Fitz to be that guy, maybe they bring in somebody else.

I personally think the more likely situation is Chris Godwin moves into the slot role, where I think he will actually excel and we bring in someone else to fill DJax position on the outside. This should be someone with speed and John Brown not only fits the mold, but he played for Arians before and will come very affordable. Maybe a third of what we paid DJax.

Agree or disagree?

Even a guy like Patrick Petersen. A few people have mentioned in here that they want him here. I love the guy. I would want him here too. But do you see his cap hit? We would have to unload more then what I have mentioned previous. Those are big numbers.
    Yea, I don't think a trade is likely. FA signing much more likely. The question is what is Justin Evans best at? Is he our centerfielder or is he the guy that we use in up in the box, in the run game.

That will help us determine what to target in free agency as I think S is the strongest FA position. We can either go after a L. Collins or Clinton-Dix type like you and Bwall have mentioned, or I actually would rather see us go after the ball hawk type like T. Mathieu, A. Amos, or L. Joyner.

I'm not saying that I want to do it either, i'm just bringing up the very real possibility that it could happen. Here is the deal, Humphries will be evaluated. They will determine how good of a fit he will be in this new offense and based on what they decide will determine how much effort we put into resigning him.

I am obviously not sure yet as to exactly what the offense and defense schemes will look like, but just like all of you, I am able to take an educated guess. At the WR position, Arians offense thrives with a deep threat on the outside and a skilled player in the slot. The slot position in his offense is more important then it is in most. Mike Evans does not fit the mold to fill either of those 2 roles. He will continue to dominate in the Split-end (X) role.

Chris Godwin typically plays the Flanker (Z) role, which is the #2 outside receiver. If Humpries leaves, that leaves the slot position open. Maybe they bring in Larry Fitz to be that guy, maybe they bring in somebody else.

I personally think the more likely situation is Chris Godwin moves into the slot role, where I think he will actually excel and we bring in someone else to fill DJax position on the outside. This should be someone with speed and John Brown not only fits the mold, but he played for Arians before and will come very affordable. Maybe a third of what we paid DJax.

Agree or disagree?
    You are being completely reasonable but there are 2 things I think you are missing.

1. They continually brought in rookies to fill that role. 5 WRs drafted in 5 years plus undrafted guys.

2. All draft picks were in Rounds 3-6. Of the 3 guys who broke out in AZ. John Brown Round 3, Jaron Brown undrafted, JJ Nelson Round 5.

Why would he break that pattern for a guy like John Brown who is good, not great, and who started less than half of the games he played under Arians in AZ, 27/56?

Big time Greedy fan, it seems the biggest here. Love a lot of the Defensive Lineman and pass rushers at the top of this draft.

I will not be shocked if Josh Allen is a Buc, seems like the type of player Todd Bowles will fall in love with. I like Allen a lot, I just like Greedy and other DL more.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Big time Greedy fan, it seems the biggest here. Love a lot of the Defensive Lineman and pass rushers at the top of this draft.

I will not be shocked if Josh Allen is a Buc, seems like the type of player Todd Bowles will fall in love with. I like Allen a lot, I just like Greedy and other DL more.
    Yea, that's exactly what I said. In the past, we basically crossed 3-4 players off our board. Now it wouldn't hurt to add them, particularly if they're good blitzer's which Josh Allen is.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast