Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    I remember, when the season ended, saying how we should move on from McCoy. He was being paid 13 million a year but his numbers werenít adding up. He disappeared in the 4th quarter and letís not forget his own teammates didnít vote for him to be team captain. I liked him but his salary made no sense for the numbers he was putting up. It was a move that had to be made, and for those wondering why we didnít trade him letís not forget that other teams agreed with my assessment. His numbers didnít warrant 13 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    I didnt say mean streak attitude... I said a different attitude. Theres a big difference. How much longer were you willing to stick with McCoy and his salary? Do you want him as your leader of the defence making 13 Million dollars, missing various games due to injury, and taking us to another 5 and 11 season? Something needed to change. And it was Mccoys salary, missed games, lowered production as stated by our new coach and regime, attitude and lack of winning that caused this. Isn't rocket science. It was inevitable.
    Anyone who thinks that the Bucs are a bad team because of Gerald McCoy are nothing short of insane, in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    I remember, when the season ended, saying how we should move on from McCoy. He was being paid 13 million a year but his numbers werenít adding up. He disappeared in the 4th quarter and letís not forget his own teammates didnít vote for him to be team captain. I liked him but his salary made no sense for the numbers he was putting up. It was a move that had to be made, and for those wondering why we didnít trade him letís not forget that other teams agreed with my assessment. His numbers didnít warrant 13 million a year.
    I don't think anyone is arguing that he was worth 13 million dollars. It's the people who think that we were a losing team because of McCoy and that N. Suh is going to come in here and be motivated to play hard for a losing team, that are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I don't think anyone is arguing that he was worth 13 million dollars. It's the people who think that we were a losing team because of McCoy and that N. Suh is going to come in here and be motivated to play hard for a losing team, that are delusional.
    Motivated or not something needed to be done.

The lack of production and the 13M were an obvious couple of reasons to move on.

We replaced McCoy with someone with similar production, has played this scheme before and who saved us enough money to sign the captain/quarterback of our defense for the next decade so it was a simple decision really and delusional to think that it wasn't.
    Last edited by BucsFan47; 05-28-2019 at 06:10 PM.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/todd...defensive-line

Man Todd Bowles must be crazy thinking this about Suh. How did we ever hire him?

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    Motivated or not something needed to be done.

The lack of production and the 13M were an obvious couple of reasons to move on.

We replaced McCoy with someone with similar production, has played this scheme before and who saved us enough money to sign the captain/quarterback of our defense for the next decade so it was a simple decision really and delusional to think that it wasn't.
    You don't even know what you are arguing. I agree with everything you said in this post, with the exception of McCoy having poor production. What I don't agree with is your take on how we are a bad team because of Gerald McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    You don't even know what you are arguing. I agree with everything you said in this post, with the exception of McCoy having poor production. What I don't agree with is your take on how we are a bad team because of Gerald McCoy.
    A bad team because of McCoy?

I don't think those words ever came from my mouth.

We have had a bad team for the last decade. It has had mostly poor management, poor coaching, poor players, poor schemes to fit those players and honestly p*ss poor everything else.

McCoy has been here through all of these times. Being paid 13M and supposed to be the leader of a defence and a captain on the team (Remember he was stripped of that title) theres just something that doesn't add up.

Our new regime has come in and watched a tonne of tape on McCoy and literally said he is less productive and there has been a decline in his play. Looking at his play, his nice guy attitude, being stripped of being a captain, and frankly just never winning anything for almost a decade makes you wonder if this guy has what it takes to get it done. He will be a perfect role player on a contender with the right supporting cast around him (Him being the 3rd or 4th best player on a defence). He is not 'the guy' and you can't tell me anything different.

So a bad team because of McCoy? No. But was he part of the problem. Yes.

McCoy to the Panthers on a 1 year 8.25 M contract. Just 1M less then Suhs deal. Wonder if they ever asked GMC to take a pay cut. They obviously wanted to get out from under that contract and give it to someone who they thought would give us a different identity and more production in a 3-4. Definitely a shot to the Gut that Suh is now wearing #93.

Pretty crazy news that we will play McCoy twice this year and what the reception will be like at home. I'm assuming he will mostly get a warm reception. I definitely will slow clap for him.

I would hope he would get an awesome reception in the first game back, not like he levon bell'd it and forced his way out. But after that first game he is the enemy until he retires lol

Bucs home game vs Carolina is in London this year, not Tampa.

That's unfortunate. Would have loved to see him come home. Let's hope for a playoff home game against the Panthers then

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Bucs home game vs Carolina is in London this year, not Tampa.
    Was really looking forward to some disputes and discussion on this whole situation but instead just a slight correction on date and location of one game. A guy can dream I guess!

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526