Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Warriors lack of effort on big games

This is starting to become a concern, and really starting to look bad on Steve Kerr- he never seems to have the team prepared mentally for games. I understand that over the course of a season, there is going to be the occasional stinker.... but I think they are happening wayyyyy toooo often for a team with this much experience. The lack of effort and focus in this game and the one against the raptors at home a couple weeks ago really makes me worry if they will get to the finals. If they dont win the ring, they lose durant and then it will be an absolute tank fest in SF next season

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    This is starting to become a concern, and really starting to look bad on Steve Kerr- he never seems to have the team prepared mentally for games. I understand that over the course of a season, there is going to be the occasional stinker.... but I think they are happening wayyyyy toooo often for a team with this much experience. The lack of effort and focus in this game and the one against the raptors at home a couple weeks ago really makes me worry if they will get to the finals. If they dont win the ring, they lose durant and then it will be an absolute tank fest in SF next season
    Lets make a bet. If they win the ship, you leave PSD for good. If they don't, I leave PSD for good. You down?

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    Lets make a bet. If they win the ship, you leave PSD for good. If they don't, I leave PSD for good. You down?
    lmao.... hardly a fair bet.... your 90% out already. you post once a month at best these days

I am not worried but for sure they could have ended those game a little bit better. Cousins will surely shake the whole world. It would be different. It's like they just pressed the restart button and it would be a whole new Warriors to deal with, if you are the other teams. However, I still want Robin Lopez or any backup veteran center to cement their way for the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguy View Post
    I am not worried but for sure they could have ended those game a little bit better. Cousins will surely shake the whole world. It would be different. It's like they just pressed the restart button and it would be a whole new Warriors to deal with, if you are the other teams. However, I still want Robin Lopez or any backup veteran center to cement their way for the 4th.
    I think it's several things going on with them. They are "tired" of the grind ... playing more games, and playing games against every team bringing their best game year after year. They lost some of their "grinders" in Zaza and West. The bottom 10 guys are "worse" overall than they were in the last few years, some by being old, some by being young/cheap.

Cousins has potential to significantly break the opposing defenses AND the Warriors defense too.

I want Lopez too. The Warriors need some reliable size and Cousins alone isn't enough.

The NBA defines “clutch” as games within five points with five minutes or fewer remaining. The Warriors’ defensive rating in those situations is an NBA-best 92.7. They hold opponents to 35.7 percent shooting, also tops in the NBA — including 18-for-70 from 3. They also lead the league with 4.7 rebounds in the clutch.
    The team comes up big when they want to, just not all the time. Less and less each year it seems.