Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Well, It's over...a change is gonna come....

Gotta be a shakeup this offseason.....

White Sox & Redskins Forever

I don't know if they fire Gruden, but they need to fire Manusky yesterday. Even the players have been complaining about him.

I'd love to see Bruce Allen head to wherever the Raiders will be playing.

I saw on over the cap that they can convert Alex's salary next year to save about 10 million against the cap. I am for that for next year despite the ramifications that has for the next couple years. I also think the time to draft a quarterback is this year.

Only one problem, ...no real franchise QB's in this draft....

Needs I see.....

New DC at least....maybe entire new coaching staff,but, DC for sure

a couple CB's.......ours are not real good ....

At least one quality WR,...Richardson a fine #2.....Doctson a #3

Another QB,....draft or FA....but gotta improve....

Sadly another TE soon....

Quality OL dept.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiedog28 View Post
    I don't know if they fire Gruden, but they need to fire Manusky yesterday. Even the players have been complaining about him.

I'd love to see Bruce Allen head to wherever the Raiders will be playing.

I saw on over the cap that they can convert Alex's salary next year to save about 10 million against the cap. I am for that for next year despite the ramifications that has for the next couple years. I also think the time to draft a quarterback is this year.
    Problem is, that's just $10 million for next year but screws the cap for future years. Even with that $10 million, there are only a handful of other cuts who can get the salary number down. And if they fire Gruden, what head coach is going to be interested in the current dumpster fire? And as Gruden goes, so will Manusky. When they fired Barry, no legit DC was interested in joining the Redskins because Gruden was thought to be on the hot seat.......also, he thoroughly embarrassed Wade Phillips in the film room. So if Gruden somehow survives, and cans Manusky, the Redskins are going to get a similar retread who comes from the Buccaneers coaching tree.

The solution that should happen, and it's one that Snyder isn't going to do, is to fire Allen and Gruden. Hire a GM to oversee football operations since LaFemina is handling the business side. Eliot Wolf would be a fantastic addition, and would bring him close to his father's home in Annapolis. Then, hire the head coach and get to work.

But first, you punt next season. Tank it. Cut Alex Smith and take the guaranteed money hit this year. Get if off the books for the future. Cut or trade all of the veterans who don't have a 3-5 year future with the Redskins. Extend the few who might, and frontload their deals to coincide with a 1-2 year period of tanking (IMO, this is only Scherff and Ioannidis.) . Take the two years of high draft picks, come off the horrible dead money year and keep building the team.

It's been 27 years since the Redskins have won 11 or more games, the longest streak in the NFL. Snyder's Redskins have been mediocre at best, and dreadful at times. It's time to end that mediocre run, blow it all up and start to build it from the bottom up. No more band-aids like Alex Smith that just perpetuate the mediocre runs and stop the true rebuild from happening. The Redskins need the talent pipeline that the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Eagles and Chiefs have to keep them competitive year in and year out, and until Snyder lets a true football guy take an unmolested turn at running this time, it's not going to happen.

Yeh, the Browns did that.........and have stunk for over a decade....only now mediocre .......I'm too old to live through all that..

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Problem is, that's just $10 million for next year but screws the cap for future years. Even with that $10 million, there are only a handful of other cuts who can get the salary number down. And if they fire Gruden, what head coach is going to be interested in the current dumpster fire? And as Gruden goes, so will Manusky. When they fired Barry, no legit DC was interested in joining the Redskins because Gruden was thought to be on the hot seat.......also, he thoroughly embarrassed Wade Phillips in the film room. So if Gruden somehow survives, and cans Manusky, the Redskins are going to get a similar retread who comes from the Buccaneers coaching tree.

The solution that should happen, and it's one that Snyder isn't going to do, is to fire Allen and Gruden. Hire a GM to oversee football operations since LaFemina is handling the business side. Eliot Wolf would be a fantastic addition, and would bring him close to his father's home in Annapolis. Then, hire the head coach and get to work.

But first, you punt next season. Tank it. Cut Alex Smith and take the guaranteed money hit this year. Get if off the books for the future. Cut or trade all of the veterans who don't have a 3-5 year future with the Redskins. Extend the few who might, and frontload their deals to coincide with a 1-2 year period of tanking (IMO, this is only Scherff and Ioannidis.) . Take the two years of high draft picks, come off the horrible dead money year and keep building the team.

It's been 27 years since the Redskins have won 11 or more games, the longest streak in the NFL. Snyder's Redskins have been mediocre at best, and dreadful at times. It's time to end that mediocre run, blow it all up and start to build it from the bottom up. No more band-aids like Alex Smith that just perpetuate the mediocre runs and stop the true rebuild from happening. The Redskins need the talent pipeline that the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Eagles and Chiefs have to keep them competitive year in and year out, and until Snyder lets a true football guy take an unmolested turn at running this time, it's not going to happen.

This is the way I want to go to... Trade all assets (instead of just releasing them, like they did DJ... even if we were done with him, hes played well enough where he could have netted us some type of draft pick in return) Cut Alex Smith and just take the whole cap hit next year and tank, and hopefully get a top 2/3 pick and ammo the next couple of drafts with lots of picks to either select players or trade for more picks. Its time to blow it up.

I want us to keep Gruden.. I think hes done a fair job being head coach and dannys puppet, while keeping us in the playoff hunt til the end of the season.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 12-24-2018 at 01:49 PM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

I couple vets should go,.....not all....looks like we started with Swearinger

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I couple vets should go,.....not all....looks like we started with Swearinger
    . I'm kind of ticked off they didn't try to trade Swearinger in the offseason. What is the harm of suspending him for the last game?

I have always supported Gruden because the players seem to give a good effort most games under him, but I would welcome a change at this point.

We should keep Trent and Kerrigan and the rest of the vets could be shown the door and it would not bother me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiedog28 View Post
    . I'm kind of ticked off they didn't try to trade Swearinger in the offseason. What is the harm of suspending him for the last game?

I have always supported Gruden because the players seem to give a good effort most games under him, but I would welcome a change at this point.

We should keep Trent and Kerrigan and the rest of the vets could be shown the door and it would not bother me at all.
    Exactly. The game was meaningless, and Swearinger may have not even played much in it. Bench him and try to get some value instead of paying him to play for Arizona next year.

After what Swearinger has said about the kind of practices that we run, I don't think the team gives much effort. I've already questioned some of them when we've shown up clearly not ready to play, and this explains all of that.

If you have a full tear down rebuild like I detailed above, any player not in the 3-5 year window should be traded. Trent Williams for sure would be gone, and I think Kerrigan would as well. He's got the third most sacks since coming into the league, and on a friendly contract. He would net a pretty decent return in a trade, which is rare for a veteran in the NFL.

Let the firings and cuts begin......

I don't see anyone getting fired to be honest, even after Snyder saw his empty stadium full of Eagles fans. He's made his bed with Bruce Allen now, and he has to know the job is toxic after he sided with Allen again over someone else. First it was Shanahan, then McCloughan and now Lafemina is gone, someone who he hired to replace Allen in business operations.

It wouldn't even do us any good to fire Greg Manusky, because no defensive coordinator is going to sign on for a year and be looking for a job next off-season. Gruden is going to stay because of the bad hand he was dealt with the Smith injury and other injuries, even though that's a cop out. There is no excuse to how the Redskins were embarrassed at home against the Giants and against the Eagles.

Oh, and I'm even more pissed about our win against the Jaguars. If we had lost that game, we would be picking 8th instead of 15th. So if you want to know the cost of a worthless win, there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I don't see anyone getting fired to be honest, even after Snyder saw his empty stadium full of Eagles fans. He's made his bed with Bruce Allen now, and he has to know the job is toxic after he sided with Allen again over someone else. First it was Shanahan, then McCloughan and now Lafemina is gone, someone who he hired to replace Allen in business operations.

It wouldn't even do us any good to fire Greg Manusky, because no defensive coordinator is going to sign on for a year and be looking for a job next off-season. Gruden is going to stay because of the bad hand he was dealt with the Smith injury and other injuries, even though that's a cop out. There is no excuse to how the Redskins were embarrassed at home against the Giants and against the Eagles.

Oh, and I'm even more pissed about our win against the Jaguars. If we had lost that game, we would be picking 8th instead of 15th. So if you want to know the cost of a worthless win, there you have it.
    8th and 15th is such a big difference... They do just good enough to not suck and not have a good draft pick.

Like part of me is thinking well, we were 6-3 before players started dropping like flies so that part of me is thinking we aren't that far off from being really good. And another part of me is so sick and tired of finishing .500 +/- a game, and I just want to blow it up and tank for good draft picks the next couple of seasons... iduno what to think
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    Gotta be a shakeup this offseason.....
    Bruce Allen was officially announced as Team President of both football and business operations again. He was demoted last year, survived the power struggle with Lafemina and is back in charge.

We continue to interview candidates for coaching positions before firing the coach- see Torrian Gray and his rumored firing, which was retracted after Todd Bowles took a DC job.

Nothing is going to change.

The problem with going FA QB is that we don't have the $ to pay another QB on top of Alex. Drafting a QB will be the best way, we are just going to have to evaluate and make a decision. Kylar Murray will probably be available around our pick, Jones from Duke as a possibility. I think Gruden could develop a QB and could always lean on McCoy if necessary.

WR is a big issue. You can't let a new QB lineup this yr with the awful options we had this yr. Crowder can't stay healthy, Reed needs to be cut, Richardson was ok and Doctson is a #4.

We also need safety help. The 2 safety positions were the biggest issues for yrs and yrs. Swearinger actually helped to fix that....and he is gone. Haha CD is a free agent and will want tons of money, but is a good player and we have actually plugged and llayed at cb rather well last couple of yrs (so the reported potential firing of Torian Gray is ridiculous, as we have looked better the last couple of yrs compared to yrs past).

Guice back helps, and a healthy o-line changes everything. Get 1 or 2 receiving options and some secondary pieces to go with a new QB and this team was very competitive until we were 4th string o-line and 4th string qb. This team does not require a tear down, just to get healthy and finally invest in a long term solution at QB...Cousins was not it (couldn't win with an elite o-line 2 great wrs, 2 good rbs and an elite TE), Smith is a game manager....you can coach any qb to game manage Colt McCoy can do it.