Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeYourL View Post
    He has natural talent doing that but he has no clue when he should or shouldn't be pushing it.

Mudiay is unconscious in a bad way on the basketball court.
    I agree. He doesn't know how to play at different paces
    Last edited by ewing; 01-11-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Look I'm not against drafting Zion and yes I watch almost every Duke games because Zion and Barrett are both high flyers and very entertaining. I also know that in the NBA Zion isn't stronger than everybody else, Zion can't shoot consistently enough to put him on the wing, Zion isn't skying over AD, Freak, Embiid or even a big strong guy like Kanter for some of those rebounds that he gets in college.

I feel that Barrett is also a dominant player and if you are watching Duke games you would know that. RJ is a better passer and much better shooter than Zion. No one knows for sure but I think his skill set transfers to the NBA better than Zion.

It's like comparing Charles Barkley to Tmac... both great players, but who would you rather have on this Knicks team? I'm more of a Tmac guy.
    I like barret a lot and while I agree questions about Zions translation to the nba exist, but come on your overthinking this.

I can't think of the last time I've seen a college player bully his way to the rim this easy. He brushes off defenders so easily, and without pushing off or fouling.

I think your putting a bit too much focus on the wrong areas.

He's just so damn strong and explosive, but he's very controlled at the same time, it's not like he's some physical wreckless player who still needs to learn how to play, he knows how to play ball.

Mudiay is a starter. Is he not starting and putting up better stats than many other starting PGs in the NBA.

Kanter is also a starter on a good team, a team that plays team defense. If you start Kanter on the Spurs right now next to LA their record is better and he is still a double double machine.

Klay's age and availability is why I think he is a more realistic option. KD already said publicly that he wants to make the most money that he can make. Are Knicks fans that swallow that they don't understand that means I'm not leaving because GS can pay me the most? Knicks aren't getting KD folks... wake up!

Klay may leave if he wants to make more money because they can't Max out KD, already Maxed Curry and then Max Klay too. Now it's a chance Klay takes a pay cut to keep the Splash brothers together. This is why I've always targeted realistic players like Harris, Rozier and Oubre who haven't reached their prime and can be added without capping out.

Back to Zion... I don't see how a 6'6" 280lb wing who can't shoot is going to add value to a team. How is he so versatile in the NBA?

If you play him on the wing team will back off and load up in the paint to stop his drives.

If you put him in the post he will become a smaller version of LJ and we all know how taller players abused him in the paint and cost us a championship in 1999.

I just think Zion is an enigma like Charles Barkley who also never won a championship. There are arguably more skilled big men now than in the Barkley era. Zion won't be as effective as many people think IMO.

So which teams is he a starter on besides the Knicks?

I know some teams that go two or even three deep that he wouldn't even make the rotation:

Harden, Curry, Lillard, Walker, Kyrie, Cp3, Westbrook, Wall, Jrue, conley, Rose, L Williams,, Murray,, Russell, Dinwiddie,, Fox, simmons, Young, Shroeder, Bledsoe, Sexton, Lowry, Rubio, Dunn..........

He would even have an argument to play over this group:

Parker, Ball, collision, Beverley, payton, Rozier, White, Rivers, Exum, Joseph, McConnell, Rondo, Hart

not sure what team he would start on besides ny, real big stretch here go look up the rankings it's not pretty.

14ppg on 12 FGA per game and 52% TS is hardly starting PG numbers. I'm not sure Mudiay is even a legit backup. His style of play is not really what a team would look for in a backup. I said before the season we don't even have a legit backup PG on this roster and unfortunately none of our PG's have proven me wrong.

I had to look it up lol:

Top 10 ranked PG's nba.com- Harden not listed as PG, that makes no sense but ok:

Curry, westbrook, Kyrie, simmons, Lillard, Walker, Lowry, Russell, fox, Murray

Honorable Mentions

Bryn Forbes – Tony Parker goes to Charlotte, Dejounte Murray tears his ACL during the preseason and yet the Spurs are doing just fine with Forbes, a Most Improved Player Award candidate. The 25-year-old is shooting 43 percent from 3-point range.

John Wall – Out for the season with a heel injury after playing in 32 games, Wall just hasn’t been healthy the last two years. Although the 28-year-old’s statistics this year were nothing to sneeze at – 20.7 points and 8.7 assists per game .

Chris Paul – Every player at some point declines, and it appears CP3’s downturn may have started. Even if the nine-time All-Star has faded a bit, that doesn’t mean he can’t have a major impact in the playoffs. The Rockets certainly hope this recovery time will help him stay fresh for April and beyond.

Eric Bledsoe – The ball being in Giannis Antetokounmpo’s hands most of the time has benefitted Bledsoe, who is shooting nearly 50 percent from the field through 38 games.

Mike Conley – The 31-year-old, who missed nearly all of last season with a heel injury, has been one of the few bright spots for the Grizzlies, who have lost 12 of their last 15 games.

D.J. Augustin – Among all regular starting point guards, the Magic's veteran has committed the second fewest turnovers and is only behind Stephen Curry and Forbes in 3-point percentage.

Trae Young – Although he needs to get much better on the defensive end and despite shooting only 29 percent from deep, the rookie’s playmaking has been top-notch.

Lonzo Ball – Such a good defender, passer and rebounder, Ball has a chance to be a special player if he can become a more competent scorer.

Spencer Dinwiddie – Arguably the Sixth Man of the Year frontrunner, the 25-year-old – who inked a contract extension earlier in the year – has had several outstanding performances, including racking up 39 points against the Sixers on Dec. 12.

Justise Winslow – The switch to point guard has helped Winslow and the Heat, who will be without Goran Dragic for a while as he recovers from knee surgery. So much stronger and more physical than the average point guard, the 22-year-old is certainly in the Most Improved Player conversation.

Derrick Rose – One of the most heartwarming stories in NBA history, the former league MVP has enjoyed a tremendous bounce-back season when many thought his career was close to being overer

must be something wrong 21 named and not even a mention of Mudiay?

Mudiay would start right now on Orlando, Miami (Winslow is not a real PG), Spurs, Suns, and maybe even Houston because Harden is not a Pg either and Mudiay is better than Rivers.

Watch Mudiay destroy Indys point guards tonight and after that no more rap about him please.

If he sucks against Collision and Joseph I will not mention him again this season... Make me proud Mudiay!

Mudiay would start right now on Orlando, Miami (Winslow is not a real PG), Spurs, Suns, and maybe even Houston because Harden is not a Pg either and Mudiay is better than Rivers.

Watch Mudiay destroy Indys point guards tonight and after that no more rap about him please.

If he sucks against Collision and Joseph I will not mention him again this season... Make me proud Mudiay!
    I don’t think you can do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rd 1 Advantage Collison

Boogie - think you might of picked a bad night(at least half) ....to make that bet

don't worry somehow he think 21 was a good game and outplayed Collison lol, and taking 18 shots and scoring when the game is over constitutes a good game, and no defense at all, great game.

Can't wait to see this team with a PG

He obviously does not watch spur games, wow, Mudiay wouldn't touch the court......

I guess injuries count with CP3 and drag out for Miami and Orlando is doing pretty well for a bad team,

I like enthusiasm and defending spirit of our players, because I'm the same. But mine stops at players like Mudiay, he's fundamentally flawed and by that I don't mean his body, he just lacks offensive/ defensive hence all kind of awareness.

He plays with a bit more energy, but the team is 3 of 300 with him on the helm and we have a hard time distributing or organizing offense or defense. He's still the same player with a a hot shooting month (hot by his standards). He needs to go asap.
    `

what is your soup of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    I like enthusiasm and defending spirit of our players, because I'm the same. But mine stops at players like Mudiay, he's fundamentally flawed and by that I don't mean his body, he just lacks offensive/ defensive hence all kind of awareness.

He plays with a bit more energy, but the team is 3 of 300 with him on the helm and we have a hard time distributing or organizing offense or defense. He's still the same player with a a hot shooting month (hot by his standards). He needs to go asap.
    Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617