Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bills vs Dolphins game day thread

I go on vacation for a couple weeks and this place turns into a ghost town.

First off, Iím glad I didnít come back to read praise about Allenís last game. If Tyrod gets lambasted for running all the time, then so should Allen this year. Remember, Allen had 1 pass for 75, another 1 pass for 33 and then only threw for 60 for the rest of the game. But that was my last week recap against a very bad Jax team.

Here we are now against Miami, and as I said this pre season, Allen could run, but canít throw. I know people here actually will believe that even though his accuracy was just as poor in college, they believe at this level, he will get better. Keep dreaming people.

Just think how different this season, and the future of this team would have been, if we would have had a coach, who didnít think Peterman was a starter and didnít think Allen is the QB of the future. This team would have been in the playoffs again and we wouldnít have wasted so many picks to get up to number 6 last year. But trust the process. Trust the poor clock management the repeated wasted time outs, coaches challenges and personal decisions on the field.

You have to love the series before half time. Bills have the ball with a minute left. McDermott does what he does best, which is putting his tail between his legs and quitting.

He runs two plays to waste the clock and then reaizes that with Miami keep calling time outs, there gonna get the ball back.

So Clay then catches a 3rd done pass and runs out of bounds, with McDermott being filmed pissed off because he didnít stay in bounds to run off the clock.

Next play, McCoy runs for 15 and goes out of bounds to stop the clock. All of the sudden, the Bills are on Miamiís 40, they get no points, but this all shows how poorly coached this team is. If McDermott, who is losing, tries after getting the ball back, we could have easily gotten 3 points.

And again, McDermott lost another game for the Bills, by quitting at half time. If he gets three points at halftime, we could have hit another FG at the end of the game. And this is the process you are all trusting.

We can probably say good bye to Jerry Hughes for a few games or maybe even the season. After the game in the tunnel, Hughes went after the ref after and threatened him.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    We can probably say good bye to Jerry Hughes for a few games or maybe even the season. After the game in the tunnel, Hughes went after the ref after and threatened him.
    Ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    I go on vacation for a couple weeks and this place turns into a ghost town.

First off, Iím glad I didnít come back to read praise about Allenís last game. If Tyrod gets lambasted for running all the time, then so should Allen this year. Remember, Allen had 1 pass for 75, another 1 pass for 33 and then only threw for 60 for the rest of the game. But that was my last week recap against a very bad Jax team.

Here we are now against Miami, and as I said this pre season, Allen could run, but canít throw. I know people here actually will believe that even though his accuracy was just as poor in college, they believe at this level, he will get better. Keep dreaming people.

Just think how different this season, and the future of this team would have been, if we would have had a coach, who didnít think Peterman was a starter and didnít think Allen is the QB of the future. This team would have been in the playoffs again and we wouldnít have wasted so many picks to get up to number 6 last year. But trust the process. Trust the poor clock management the repeated wasted time outs, coaches challenges and personal decisions on the field.
    The Bills were not going to the playoffs this season, with or without Tyrod. Why do we have to go through this every week with you?
    Chicago Cubs ē Chicago Blackhawks ē Buffalo Bills ē Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka ē Angelique Kerber ē Bianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    The Bills were not going to the playoffs this season, with or without Tyrod. Why do we have to go through this every week with you?
    Only when he drinks.

We have our franchise qb in Allen and that's all that matters.

Allen hasn't had perfect games, but he's flashed plenty the last two. Not sure why anyone would complain.

Remember how terrible Goff was in year one? Compare that to what Allen is doing now. I wasn't even an Allen fan going in, but he is definitely providing reason for hope.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Allen hasn't had perfect games, but he's flashed plenty the last two. Not sure why anyone would complain.

Remember how terrible Goff was in year one? Compare that to what Allen is doing now. I wasn't even an Allen fan going in, but he is definitely providing reason for hope.
    Yep. I didn't like the Allen pick when it happened and I didn't like the QB mismanagement that led to him starting way too early and getting hurt. However, he's showing us something now. He's still very raw and has a long way to go but the early returns are promising. We all knew he had the size and the arm strength but I've been pleasantly surprised at his athleticism and ability to keep plays going (an important attribute when your O-line blows).

While I don't exactly expect a Goff-like improvement next season, if they can get Allen a better O-line and some receiving help this offseason I think he can definitely take that step from "promising rookie" to "franchise QB in the making". By year 3 he might be the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bills Fan View Post
    Yep. I didn't like the Allen pick when it happened and I didn't like the QB mismanagement that led to him starting way too early and getting hurt. However, he's showing us something now. He's still very raw and has a long way to go but the early returns are promising. We all knew he had the size and the arm strength but I've been pleasantly surprised at his athleticism and ability to keep plays going (an important attribute when your O-line blows).

While I don't exactly expect a Goff-like improvement next season, if they can get Allen a better O-line and some receiving help this offseason I think he can definitely take that step from "promising rookie" to "franchise QB in the making". By year 3 he might be the real deal.
    I agree and it makes it even more impressive when he is doing it without any threats around him at all. not even the OL. I guess we can call Zay a threat now, but that success is mostly allen related imo.

PFF was not friendly to Allen coming into the draft, but over the course of the season he is drawing a lot of respectable grades from them. They had him tied with Mahomes this week for the most ďBig Time ThrowsĒ with 5. Joshís three best performances on the year have come against Minnesota, Jacksonville, and Miami. Those are two pre-season top 10 defenses, the Jags being arguably number 1, and a Miami defense that has performed like a top 10 this year. Thereís a lot we can be encouraged about this year. I think we can all safely say that Allen has been better than any of us expected in year one.

Lol @ the Bills would have made the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Lol @ the Bills would have made the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If only we had tyrod....

Why werenít we going to the playoffs, because you said so? We had a QB. We lost many games this year that Tyrod would have won. McCoy would have been a better running back, like last year, if we had a QB threat throwing the ball.

I canít believe you people applaud Allenís interceptions. He has more turnovers this year than Tyrod had the past two seasons. Allen can run, but he canít throw. And Who cares that he can even run, when we lost the last three games anyways, to easy teams that Tyrod would have beaten.

Remember when you hypricates complained how Tyrod wouldnít throw? Hows that working out for you now with Allen. If Tyrod would have thrown like that last year, no playoffs. Allen throws off valence inaccurately all the time, as he did in college. But you kids think that an innaccurate QB in college, will learn how to play at this level. Not at college, but now is when you think Allen will learn how to play.

All Allen is doing out there is giving us the top 3 pick in the draft like I said 6 weeks ago, where you said absolutely no way. I knew he wouldnít win, but as homers do, youíll ignore everything we see and since he is wearing a Bills uniform youll sayĒ wait til next yearĒ. I canít wait for next year to hear your excuses. Iíd love to eat crow. I would absolutely love to be wrong. But unlike you guys, I watch the game. He has some serious fundamental flaws that we will not see get better.

He is a great kid, great personality, he just canít throw. He wonít learn how to throw touch passes. That is something he should have learned a long time ago while playing the QB position. He is just like JP lossman. He will throw that deep pass that makes you giddy, but 7-10 throws are way off mark.

For a first down, Zay was 5 feet away from him and with no rush, he throws a 100 mph fast ball at 5 ft away. Just as he did in college. But you al will still applaud these 100 yard rushing games, 100 yard throwing games with multiple turnovers. If Peterman has the same exact stats per game as Allen, you would all want him off the team. But your blinded by the draft pick order. You all will make excuses because of the draft pick order. You guys just want donít want to admit our team screwed up again.

Again, Iíd love to eat crow, but I watch the poor decision making and the fundamental flaws that just wonít imrpove. But keep thinking hypothetically. As in, just wait to we met an offensive line, wait til we get a WR, wait til we get a TE. Allen will be good in your eyes if that all occurs, but when Tyrod won games with an even worse team, you criticized him.
    Last edited by sabres11; 12-16-2018 at 02:12 AM.

We'll revisit this in a few years sabers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast