Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    The Seahawks looked really good against the Chiefs. Most of their losses came against the very elite teams and it's not like they were really blown out of any game. I am still trying to figure out what kind of team the Vikings are. They were close to reaching the Superbowl last year and seemingly replaced last yrs qb with a better one. Their defense did seem to slip this year.
    Yea I hate that our path is essentially the hardest one mapped out barring surprises. I think I heard today that facing the Iggles isnít even an option for us. And realistically neither is the Vikings considering the 49ers at home should be a cake walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    Yea I hate that our path is essentially the hardest one mapped out barring surprises. I think I heard today that facing the Iggles isnít even an option for us. And realistically neither is the Vikings considering the 49ers at home should be a cake walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After that it gets even harder. The Saints will probably be better than the last tie we faced them and they are way better in their dome. Bears in cold weather. And the Rams are still a good team. The teams with the bye can just sit and wait for lower seeds to fight it out with the dangerous wild cards.

The Seahawks looked really good against the Chiefs. Most of their losses came against the very elite teams and it's not like they were really blown out of any game. I am still trying to figure out what kind of team the Vikings are. They were close to reaching the Superbowl last year and seemingly replaced last yrs qb with a better one. Their defense did seem to slip this year.
    In a zero sum league with equal wins to losses league wide most good teams beat the bad teams and lose a few games to good teams. I think we can beat either team in the wild card game. We CANT play Eagles in first game. If they make it they will be the 6 seed and play Chicago. Eagles are either 6th or out.

Interesting article from Bill Barnwell talking about Defense making a return in past 4 weeks. Interesting in that I didnt realize Dak was 6th in NFL in passer rating when throwing the ball in air 16 yards or more. Seems like Linehan/Garrett should dial up first down play action deep more often. Dak is good at that when not throwing to Gallup whom half ***** his deep routes.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Interesting article from Bill Barnwell talking about Defense making a return in past 4 weeks. Interesting in that I didnt realize Dak was 6th in NFL in passer rating when throwing the ball in air 16 yards or more. Seems like Linehan/Garrett should dial up first down play action deep more often. Dak is good at that when not throwing to Gallup whom half ***** his deep routes.
    At least the Cowboys are back in the conversation. It will be interesting to see which players rise to the occasion. The high octane offenses seem to have come down to earth with some of the more elite defenses imposing their will. Gallup and Amari are very fast receivers so maybe Linehan can figure out how to torch defenses.

I think benefit of the doubt is given to Carson Wentz, but in reality Nick Foles has been significantly outplaying him....both when you watch them play...and also on the stat sheet. When take out the one or two games Foles has to knock off the rust, Foles has pretty much been on fire when he takes over versus Wentz. I am surprised that Foles doesn't just try to get a starting job some place else. I am sure that the Jaguars would want him.

The football pundits somehow think that the Seahawks are the more dangerous opponent versus the Vikings. Seeing Russell Wilson throw those high arcing throws that lands perfectly into the receivers hands....and the fact that he's so mobile makes him the type of threat that gives good defenses fits.

The football pundits somehow think that the Seahawks are the more dangerous opponent versus the Vikings. Seeing Russell Wilson throw those high arcing throws that lands perfectly into the receivers hands....and the fact that he's so mobile makes him the type of threat that gives good defenses fits.
    Having said that Russell Wilson has actually passed for less yards with a lower completion percentage than Dak this year. He and the Seahawks have been much more effective in the redzone however. That is the main difference.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Having said that Russell Wilson has actually passed for less yards with a lower completion percentage than Dak this year. He and the Seahawks have been much more effective in the redzone however. That is the main difference.
    Just watching how Russell plays, he's been pretty amazing this year. Most impressive is his deep throws. It's a high arc in the air that drops from the sky right into the receiver's hand--no way a defender can stop that. I am excited to see how Dak and the boys play in the playoffs. I would probably like to see more explosive plays on the deep throws....they have the speedy receivers to do it---it's probably short notice for them to get the timing down, but they have been able to connect at times. They are young and brash enough where they pretty much feel like they can win against anyone. I think that Eagle game was a good learning experience for Dak and his receivers...to kind of shake off the first 3 quarters and come back. Anything can happen in the playoffs so it's almost like you have to adapt to whatever comes. The Cowboys don't seem to do well, though, when Zeke is held to 75 yards or less.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011