Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A win is a win and while it took a while to get going I was for once confident that we would. I can't say enough about our defense keeping us in the game until we got going. You could argue that Rhodes has been our 4th best CB this year and although limited snaps Hill has been a downright steal so far.

Win next week and we are in. We lose then we don't deserve it. Need to jump on the Bears early. We play at 3:25 which is the same time as every other important game but we don't need to be worrying about the Eagles (well us fans can scoreboard watch lol).

Unfortunately, as a Viking fan, this has the 2003 season written all over it again. That season we needed a win to get in and the Cards scored a TD at the last second to knock us out (Packers got in as a result I believe). This would be the ultimate gut blow to not only lose to the Bears but then have the Eagles win to knock us out.

Boy, the refs certainly didn't want us to win this game. Odd that officiating has been so bad against us in back to back years in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    A win is a win and while it took a while to get going I was for once confident that we would. I can't say enough about our defense keeping us in the game until we got going. You could argue that Rhodes has been our 4th best CB this year and although limited snaps Hill has been a downright steal so far.

Win next week and we are in. We lose then we don't deserve it. Need to jump on the Bears early. We play at 3:25 which is the same time as every other important game but we don't need to be worrying about the Eagles (well us fans can scoreboard watch lol).

Unfortunately, as a Viking fan, this has the 2003 season written all over it again. That season we needed a win to get in and the Cards scored a TD at the last second to knock us out (Packers got in as a result I believe). This would be the ultimate gut blow to not only lose to the Bears but then have the Eagles win to knock us out.
    Nope, this has 2012 written all over. We clinch a wild card birth but lose in the 1st round to the team we just beat.

This signiture sucks but I get my point across, I'll pay someone for something more legit! Go Vikes!

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Boy, the refs certainly didn't want us to win this game. Odd that officiating has been so bad against us in back to back years in Detroit.
    The officiating has been attrocious across the league this year. Absolutely horrible and they need to look into it because the product on the field is suffering in my opinion. Players, coaches and fans hate feeling like they were cheated out of a win at the hands of the officials. These ticky tac pass interference calls in the endzone and personal foul calls are changing the outcomes of games.

As for next week, ill start praying now. Kirk Cousins in a win or go home scenario against a division rival. I think weve seen that movie before.........hopefully he gets it done this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    Nope, this has 2012 written all over. We clinch a wild card birth but lose in the 1st round to the team we just beat.
    I agree 100%. I am not 100% sure we beat the Bear's at home, but we are going nowhere fast. The Bears would be smart to "roll over" so they can get a tune up game against us in round 1. I'm not sure anyone wants to play the Eagles who are looking almost as dangerous as Baltimore is in the AFC.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Bears will be playing for a potential 1st rd bye. We better come ready to play next week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    EDITED. I corrected it in new post. Sorry, I got the records screwed up.
    Last edited by pavikingsfan; 12-24-2018 at 08:39 PM. Reason: I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    The officiating has been attrocious across the league this year. Absolutely horrible and they need to look into it because the product on the field is suffering in my opinion. Players, coaches and fans hate feeling like they were cheated out of a win at the hands of the officials. These ticky tac pass interference calls in the endzone and personal foul calls are changing the outcomes of games.

As for next week, ill start praying now. Kirk Cousins in a win or go home scenario against a division rival. I think weve seen that movie before.........hopefully he gets it done this time around.
    I mentioned this earlier about the Saints game. Last night Scott Van Pelt mentioned that he saw the same thing in that game. Also, the Baldwin play late when he had the circus catch after a very obvious push off. The db was called for a hold in the play, which he did, but Baldwin then had a blatant push off. Nothing....lol. I have never thought the NFL was rigged, but they have made it so it could easily, at least the officials could get a little incentive slipped into their pocket to call it one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by pavikingsfan View Post
    The Rams clinched the #2 seed. Bears having nothing to play for except knocking Minnesota out so they could get a red hot Eagles team with a lot going for them right now. If I was a Bears player I would simply knock down every ill advised pick 6 type pass that Cousins throws my way, and maybe miss a few tackles.....just saying.
    No. The Rams haven't clinched. If the Rams lose and the Bears win next weekend, the Bears are the 2 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post

a win is win is a win. The nfl is rediculous every week, f 15 years ago. Yes I get the point, Viking fan since ' 76!, and yes I expect the Eagles to take the last spot!lol

No. The Rams haven't clinched. If the Rams lose and the Bears win next weekend, the Bears are the 2 seed.

I thought the Bears were 10-5, but I see they are 11-4 and you are correct, with a Rams loss and a Bear's win the Bears would be the #2 seed. It's not likely that the Rams will lose to the Cardinals at home, but they are both 4:25 games so the Bears should play to win. Cousins will be sick all week seeing he doesn't do well in must win games! LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by pavikingsfan View Post
    I thought the Bears were 10-5, but I see they are 11-4 and you are correct, with a Rams loss and a Bear's win the Bears would be the #2 seed. It's not likely that the Rams will lose to the Cardinals at home, but they are both 4:25 games so the Bears should play to win. Cousins will be sick all week seeing he doesn't do well in must win games! LMAO!
    I'm hoping that the Rams are up by like 40 at halftime and Chicago pulls all their starters, realizing they definitely aren't getting a bye.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Enjoy the holidays!

Merry Xmas Wolf and everyone else who visits!

I'm hoping that the Rams are up by like 40 at halftime and Chicago pulls all their starters, realizing they definitely aren't getting a bye.

I'm expecting something like that because the rams are favored by 10.5 and somehow the bears are 6.5 pt dogs. Safe to say Vegas knows something we don't

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I'm expecting something like that because the rams are favored by 10.5 and somehow the bears are 6.5 pt dogs. Safe to say Vegas knows something we don't

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I hope they know a Vikings win is coming. We desperately need this. I don't think it's likely we can win at Chicago but maybe Stefnaski can find some a chink in their armor this Sunday and then try to exploit in Chicago. Just get in and let the rest take care of itself.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State