Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    Recently saw that our cap space for next season is projected to be around 16 mil. Didn't realize it was gonna be that tight after Clarks 5th yr option and the draft picks were factored in. Cutting Jimmy Graham and Lane Taylor after this season would clear out around 12 mil tho, so we could have up to 28. But we don't know if doing that makes any sense yet.

Just thought it was a little alarming to see that as of now next offseason we wont be able to do much. Really heightens the stakes on these Smith deals.

I also brought this up cause the topic of cutting Mike Daniels has been talked about around the web. Would clear out 8 mil, he's probably gone after this year anyway, and we have solid DT depth. Im not sure if we should do it but the argument to do it isn't a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    Recently saw that our cap space for next season is projected to be around 16 mil. Didn't realize it was gonna be that tight after Clarks 5th yr option and the draft picks were factored in. Cutting Jimmy Graham and Lane Taylor after this season would clear out around 12 mil tho, so we could have up to 28. But we don't know if doing that makes any sense yet.

Just thought it was a little alarming to see that as of now next offseason we wont be able to do much. Really heightens the stakes on these Smith deals.

I also brought this up cause the topic of cutting Mike Daniels has been talked about around the web. Would clear out 8 mil, he's probably gone after this year anyway, and we have solid DT depth. Im not sure if we should do it but the argument to do it isn't a bad one.
    I think that was always the plan though. This was always the make or break offseason. And I think we did a good job of addressing the majority of our holes that barring massive injury, we shouldn't have many major holes that need filling like we did this year.

Hearing some nice reports from camp, even though it's super early. Gary apparently beat bahk in the team session for what most likely would have been a sack. That's super encouraging.

The folks who have watched practices are reporting a nice variety of packages and motions. That's exciting to hear. It sounds like Rodgers is at least mostly bought in at this point.

I'm excited about the new offense but the first real test for Rodgers will be whenever our first prolonged struggle on offense is. I'm anxious to see what happens then. It's easy to be bought in at practice and in the preseason. But if we come out and struggle one of the first weeks against a good defense, will Rodgers stick with the gameplan or will he fall into some old habits of playground style plays.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Hearing some nice reports from camp, even though it's super early. Gary apparently beat bahk in the team session for what most likely would have been a sack. That's super encouraging.

The folks who have watched practices are reporting a nice variety of packages and motions. That's exciting to hear. It sounds like Rodgers is at least mostly bought in at this point.

I'm excited about the new offense but the first real test for Rodgers will be whenever our first prolonged struggle on offense is. I'm anxious to see what happens then. It's easy to be bought in at practice and in the preseason. But if we come out and struggle one of the first weeks against a good defense, will Rodgers stick with the gameplan or will he fall into some old habits of playground style plays.
    following, thanks for the update.

I read that Rodgers has really like what he’s seen from MVS so far this offseason too. Hopefully they young wrs can take the next step this year specially since we didn’t draft any.

Josh Jones did show up for mandatory camp but from what I saw he didn't participate in practice.

Packers waived RB Kapri Bibbs leaving them with 89 on the 90 man roster

I'm watching the CFL game from Friday and out of nowhere William Stanbach has a giant run lmao

Packers Claim TE Michael Roberts
    June 17th, 2019 at 4:18pm CST by Sam Robinson
    Michael Roberts‘ complicated stretch continues. The tight end has now been traded, waived and claimed in a span of five days.

With the Lions waiving Roberts after their trade with the Patriots fell through, he may have an opportunity in Green Bay. The Packers claimed the third-year tight end off waivers Monday, Josh Alper of Pro Football Talk notes.

The Lions did not use an injury designation when waiving Roberts. He will join a more crowded tight end contingent with the Packers than he would have with the Patriots. Jimmy Graham, Lance Kendricks and third-round pick Jace Sternberger reside on Green Bay’s depth chart. The Packers also claimed tight end Pharoah McKever off waivers from the Jaguars recently.

Roberts, 25, has 13 career receptions for 146 yards. The Toledo alum, who caught three touchdown passes last season despite playing in just eight games, retains practice squad eligibility. Roberts suffered a shoulder injury that resulted in the former fourth-round pick finishing the 2018 season on IR.
    https://www.profootballrumors.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post

Here’s a draft profile I found for him before he was taken in the 4th round of the 2017 draft. Sounds like he’s got potential...

Michael Roberts, TE, Toledo
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 270. Arm: 33.25. Hand: 11.63.
    40 Time: 4.86.

Projected Round (2017): 3-5.

4/25/17: Roberts is a blocking tight end for the NFL, yet has some receiving ability. Scouting sources said that Roberts could be the best pure Y tight end in the 2017 NFL Draft. They say he is athletic enough to make some plays as a short option or in the red zone. Roberts had a quality week at the Senior Bowl, minus a few dropped passes. He ran very slowly at the combine, however.

Roberts made 45 receptions for 533 yards with 16 touchdowns in 2016. As a junior, he had 21 catches for 234 yards with four scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PS stash for a Lewis injury maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    PS stash for a Lewis injury maybe?
    I was thinking similar.

There must be a little something to him that the Patriots had interest in him but, it concerns me that they backed out of the trade.

well that was short lived. Michael Roberts failed his physical so the Packers waived him

Weird because Pats backed out for failed medicals. Not sure why GB thought it would be any different

Seems really dumb to me.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast