Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

If the NHL played its games on Christmas Day

If the NHL played its games on Christmas Day similarly to NBA and each team has its Christmas Day game jerseys then who should play?

For me how I would do it:

12 pm- Chicago Blackhawks vs Detroit Red Wings (Original 6 Match Up; Original 6 Rivalry)

2 pm- Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs @ Scotiabank Arena (True rivalry game; Original 6 Match Up)

5 pm- Colorado Avalanche vs New Jersey Devils (Rivalry Game)

8 pm- Washington Capitals vs Las Vegas Golden Knights (2018 Stanley Cup Final Rematch)

10:30 pm- Pittsburgh Penguins vs Edmonton Oilers (Crosby vs McDavid)

Well it would depend on who you are catering to? Nobody in western Canada want to watch the Leafs and Habs. No Battle of Alberta? Pens and Flyers seems like a better rivalry game too.

I'll cater to the American crowd with mine. You'd probably want the Rangers and Bruins in it and I'd say it's time to give dues to the Lightning, and at least one west coast match up. I like the idea of having the Cup rematch. I'd go something like this:

12pm - Hawks - Bruins

2 pm - Rangers - TBay

5pm - Pens - Flyers

8pm - Caps - Vegas

1030 pm - Oilers - Kings

So you cover the Chicago, Boston, NYR markets, give a Pens Flyers rivalry game showcasing Sid, showcase the best team in the league in Tampa, get our Cup rematch showcasing Ovi , and then get to showcase McDavid against LA.

There's so many different combos you could go with. Obviously the Leafs and Habs would be involved in some part, but I like the look of that if you want to showcase to the American base. But, you're going up against the NBA so it would be tough. Good idea though.
    Last edited by statquo; 12-16-2018 at 08:22 PM.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I think you could also maybe go something like this:

12pm - Sabres vs Bruins

2pm - Rangers vs Tampa

5pm - Pens vs Leafs

8pm - Caps vs Vegas

1030pm- Oilers vs Kings

The Lost Boys of PSD

Or another Christmas Day schedule for the NHL I would do:

12pm- New York Rangers vs New York Islanders (Battle of New York)

2pm- Philadelphia Flyers vs Pittsburgh Penguins (Battle of Pennsylvania; Rivalry Game on Christmas)

5pm- Toronto Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins (Original 6 Match Up; Rivalry Game)

8pm- Stanley Cup Final rematch is always in the 8pm slot; so who makes up the slot for this year? Washington Capitals vs Vegas Golden Knights in Vegas

10:30 pm- Arizona Coyotes vs Los Angeles Kings; West Coast match up

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Or another Christmas Day schedule for the NHL I would do:

12pm- New York Rangers vs New York Islanders (Battle of New York)

2pm- Philadelphia Flyers vs Pittsburgh Penguins (Battle of Pennsylvania; Rivalry Game on Christmas)

5pm- Toronto Maple Leafs vs Boston Bruins (Original 6 Match Up; Rivalry Game)

8pm- Stanley Cup Final rematch is always in the 8pm slot; so who makes up the slot for this year? Washington Capitals vs Vegas Golden Knights in Vegas

10:30 pm- Arizona Coyotes vs Los Angeles Kings; West Coast match up
    If you're going on Christmas, you'd want to maximize viewership, spotlight your good teams, the big markets and stars of the game. You wouldn't want the Coyotes. I think you'd want the Oilers so you can show McDavid. I also think you'd want to have the Sabres (good young team with Jack Eichel), and the Lightning, the best team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I think you could also maybe go something like this:

12pm - Sabres vs Bruins

2pm - Rangers vs Tampa

5pm - Pens vs Leafs

8pm - Caps vs Vegas

1030pm- Oilers vs Kings
    For example with mine, I tried to cover those three. Cover the New York market, the Northeast Market, the Toronto market, LA market, rematch of one of the most watched Cup finals in recent memory, while showing off Eichel, Matthews, McDavid, Ovechkin, Crosby and the best team in the league in the Lightning.
    Last edited by statquo; 12-17-2018 at 02:51 PM.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    If you're going on Christmas, you'd want to maximize viewership, spotlight your good teams, the big markets and stars of the game. You wouldn't want the Coyotes. I think you'd want the Oilers so you can show McDavid. I also think you'd want to have the Sabres (good young team with Jack Eichel), and the Lightning, the best team in the league.

For example with mine, I tried to cover those three. Cover the New York market, the Northeast Market, the Toronto market, LA market, rematch of one of the most watched Cup finals in recent memory, while showing off Eichel, Matthews, McDavid, Ovechkin, Crosby and the best team in the league in the Lightning.
    Your schedule would work best except the NHL doesn't play on Christmas anymore even though they should

more of the same matchups that plagued wednesday night rivalry.
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P GRAM (PSD LEGEND)

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees