Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    definitely not football, don't know about his baseball skills.

people have the residue and effect of baker's success right now in the nfl, thinking kyler might be able to translate the same. I tend to disagree though. the field and windows shrink in the nfl and setting up defenses with the threat of his mobility is harder to work against nfl defenses. once teams have film on your tendencies in the nfl, i don't think he has the pure passing skills to be anything then a backup/spot starter.

All it takes is one NFL team and their scouts to determine he is a First Round pick and he will get a guaranteed 15 to 20 million at age 22. I don't know enough about his baseball skills to know how much of an upside he has in that sport - obviously the A's think highly of him.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    All it takes is one NFL team and their scouts to determine he is a First Round pick and he will get a guaranteed 15 to 20 million at age 22. I don't know enough about his baseball skills to know how much of an upside he has in that sport - obviously the A's think highly of him.
    huh? that would mean he would have to go 8-14 based on updated slotting https://overthecap.com/draft/

Herbert Haskins Lock all go ahead of him at QB so I find it hard to believe he will hit that range... the money goes down real fast by pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    huh? that would mean he would have to go 8-14 based on updated slotting https://overthecap.com/draft/

Herbert Haskins Lock all go ahead of him at QB so I find it hard to believe he will hit that range... the money goes down real fast by pick.
    He will be the fastest player in combine and also has a cannon. If teams at combine can over look the fact he would be the shortest QB in league by an inch or so (Russell Wilson) then dont be surprised if he goes top 12 or so. If that is the case the money is a no-brainer as you likely know. Would take years if ever to get to that range as a baseball player unless he is Trout-esque in center field.

There is no arguing that position.
    didnt comment to argue!

He will be the fastest player in combine and also has a cannon. If teams at combine can over look the fact he would be the shortest QB in league by an inch or so (Russell Wilson) then dont be surprised if he goes top 12 or so. If that is the case the money is a no-brainer as you likely know. Would take years if ever to get to that range as a baseball player unless he is Trout-esque in center field.
    I just can't see him going that high... he might be an inch shorter than Russell but he isn't nearly as thick... at least 20lbs less and I honestly believe russ hasn't seen 215 for about 5 years lol

not to mention russ gets by because of those monstrous hands...

it will be interesting to see but I also think baseball will work against his draft slot because he can always quit and fall back on it which isn't something NFL teams will be excited about... I can see someone taking a flyer in the first round but probably not before 23 which is still good money but not nearly as good.

I’ll take baseball because lack of concussions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I just can't see him going that high... he might be an inch shorter than Russell but he isn't nearly as thick... at least 20lbs less and I honestly believe russ hasn't seen 215 for about 5 years lol

not to mention russ gets by because of those monstrous hands...

it will be interesting to see but I also think baseball will work against his draft slot because he can always quit and fall back on it which isn't something NFL teams will be excited about... I can see someone taking a flyer in the first round but probably not before 23 which is still good money but not nearly as good.
    If he truly is a first round pick, then guys like Johnny maziel and Paxton lynch are basically worst case scenario as two of the few rookie qbs not to finish their first round contract and both were picked in the 20s. Their career earnings were $7.7 and $6.4 mill each, which is higher than his baseball deal. And one cns argue if Manziel didnt have off the field issues, he likely would have at least played out his rookie deal. Even other overmatched rookie qbs like ej manuel played out their rookie deals and then got some cash after that in FA. And even if you are signing minimum deals, you're still making as much or more than you would in the minors or in your pre arb years.

As long as he's a first round pick, the earnings floor is higher in football. His mid level earnings is probably more in baseball as a backup qb still makes good money compared to a AAAA style shuttle player. If he's a stud, baseball likely offers higher career earnings.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    If he truly is a first round pick, then guys like Johnny maziel and Paxton lynch are basically worst case scenario as two of the few rookie qbs not to finish their first round contract and both were picked in the 20s. Their career earnings were $7.7 and $6.4 mill each, which is higher than his baseball deal. And one cns argue if Manziel didnt have off the field issues, he likely would have at least played out his rookie deal. Even other overmatched rookie qbs like ej manuel played out their rookie deals and then got some cash after that in FA. And even if you are signing minimum deals, you're still making as much or more than you would in the minors or in your pre arb years.

As long as he's a first round pick, the earnings floor is higher in football. His mid level earnings is probably more in baseball as a backup qb still makes good money compared to a AAAA style shuttle player. If he's a stud, baseball likely offers higher career earnings.
    I don't disagree... he has to go real high though because the later he goes the more likely it is to a team with an established QB...

I just think if GM's are realistic (which is never the case with 1 or 2) there is no way the guy is a first rounder.

Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't disagree... he has to go real high though because the later he goes the more likely it is to a team with an established QB...

I just think if GM's are realistic (which is never the case with 1 or 2) there is no way the guy is a first rounder.
    I actually think going later helps his earnings floor. If you don't play right away, you still have the allure of upside. The biggest risk of not playing out your contract is off the field issues first and foremost, but the next biggest risk is awful play immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I actually think going later helps his earnings floor. If you don't play right away, you still have the allure of upside. The biggest risk of not playing out your contract is off the field issues first and foremost, but the next biggest risk is awful play immediately.
    That is a fantastic point Mr. Crewfan13. Didnt think of it that way. Great examples in league that didnt play much at first like Kirk Cousins, Chase Daniels, Case Keenum et al that went on to sign big 2nd deals after not much play early on.

24 hours until we see if Kyler goes baseball or football. If he beats Alabama and goes on to win championship I dont think anyway he turns down NFL big money for a crap shoot at eventually getting paid in baseball

Looks like it's the NFL. A couple of prominent former scouts whom have a popular NFL podcast say he is going to go top 10 which means he will get over 30 million guaranteed in rookie contract. No-brainer from a financial perspective with the uncertainties of ever making it to the big leagues followed by years of team control

There's also this.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/1/10/1...ood-news-kliff

This in interesting though. Also, why is it assumed that he will play QB in the NFL. His speed and illusiveness suggest that he may be better off at another position. I'm not sure he's a great fit as an NFL QB.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast