• Rams

0 0%
  • Eagles

2 50.00%
  • Tie

2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    The irony of that guys comment is not one of the Super Bowl contending teams have a WR close to that range of talent

You could argue tyreke hill but heís not really a typical WR, heís more of a gadget guy who makes huge plays all over the field

Defense needs to be the #1 priority. Brandon Graham, Jordan Hicks, Ronald Darby, and Chris Long are all soon to be free agents. As of right now we are not in a great cap situation. I trust Howie to clean the books to get us a position, but we need help in the secondary, Mills has been very inconsistent, Darby might be gone, Jones has not looked good either. We need to start addressing the future of the safety position, Mcleod is coming off a significant knee injury, and Malcolm is over 30 and asked to do a ton for us. I hope he stays healthy, but I think we need to get someone who he can mentor to lead us once he retires Our LBs need improvement, and our D-Line has Graham as a FA, Long as a FA, so we'll see how Howie navigates that. I don't think throwing 2 early picks at WR is a smart use of resources when we are effective when running 2 TE sets.

My 2 cents, which to be fair is probably worth jack

Here's the complete breakdown on the film of Avonte Maddox on Sunday he played outstanding as Jim Schwartz stated.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kE0y4oK7wA&t=16s

MAddox has shown much more than Jones up to this point just with how heís played safety and how effective heís been at corner. Jones will probably be back as heís not expensive, but Iím thinking Maddox has earned to start whether it be nickel or outside

The interesting thing is mills or Darby. I think the eagles bring back one of them tbh, probably the cheaper of the two. But I do see one back so I see mills/Darby, Maddox and jones being here

So ideally we bring in a starter whether through draft or free agency thatís a good athlete, tough and can actually cover

And I donít mind either mills or Darby back if we get a healthy defensive line back and improve our LB Corp and get back to controlling TOP on offense

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    MAddox has shown much more than Jones up to this point just with how heís played safety and how effective heís been at corner. Jones will probably be back as heís not expensive, but Iím thinking Maddox has earned to start whether it be nickel or outside

The interesting thing is mills or Darby. I think the eagles bring back one of them tbh, probably the cheaper of the two. But I do see one back so I see mills/Darby, Maddox and jones being here

So ideally we bring in a starter whether through draft or free agency thatís a good athlete, tough and can actually cover

And I donít mind either mills or Darby back if we get a healthy defensive line back and improve our LB Corp and get back to controlling TOP on offense
    Jones will be back for sure he was a second round pick and the Eagles are not about to give up on him yet. Mills will be back Schwartz likes him and I believe he's still on his rookie deal. All of our young corners on rookie deals will pretty much be back unless some unforeseen situation happens. Darby I see no way he's back no matter how cheap the deal he's a veteran and he has been flat out lousy he has not justified a new contract by the Eagles. I don't see Roseman going to the draft for a corner. This unit was miserable and the Birds need proven talent not young development projects for the Eagles already have several. I see a possible trade for a top tier corner or free-agency to get immediate help at the weakest position on this defense.

Jones will 100% be back. They didnít draft him in the second round, knowing that he will be injured for a year, to release him after being injured the majority of his 2nd year.. His cap hit is down and he still has the potential, the real question now is whether or not he can stay on the field and get healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Hammer View Post
    Jones will be back for sure he was a second round pick and the Eagles are not about to give up on him yet. Mills will be back Schwartz likes him and I believe he's still on his rookie deal. All of our young corners on rookie deals will pretty much be back unless some unforeseen situation happens. Darby I see no way he's back no matter how cheap the deal he's a veteran and he has been flat out lousy he has not justified a new contract by the Eagles. I don't see Roseman going to the draft for a corner. This unit was miserable and the Birds need proven talent not young development projects for the Eagles already have several. I see a possible trade for a top tier corner or free-agency to get immediate help at the weakest position on this defense.
    Whatís Schwartzí contract like? Do you think thereís anyway heís gone? Maybe the Eagles move on from him or he takes a job elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

why would we let go of Schwartz?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    why would we let go of Schwartz?
    Cuz I said so.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Cuz I said so.

Llullz

Your baby can't do this

Whatís Schwartzí contract like? Do you think thereís anyway heís gone? Maybe the Eagles move on from him or he takes a job elsewhere?

I don't know much about Schwartz' contract. I also don't see Schwartz going anywhere anytime soon he hasn't made the adjustments you would like at times, but overall aside from the lousy personnel he has had in the secondary he's done a solid job and that's all you can ask for. There is no way that Doug is going to pin the entire struggles of the defense all on Jim. Jim Schwartz is Doug's guy he hired him and he's not just gonna drop him like that he's gonna stick with Jim through thick and thin. The only way Jim Schwartz leaves Philly is for a head coaching job or if the defense falls completely apart for multiple season's.

Cuz I said so.

wow didnt expect that from you

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    wow didnt expect that from you
    I was joking lol.

Thereís just been rumblings and comments. People not liking his lack of blitz. Not saying they will just thoughts.

PH said it with the personnel lacking/injured but I still donít like his penchant for not bringing the heat.

I was joking lol.

Thereís just been rumblings and comments. People not liking his lack of blitz. Not saying they will just thoughts.

PH said it with the personnel lacking/injured but I still donít like his penchant for not bringing the heat.

Yea.. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised either way. I could definitely see the eagles go a different route in 2019 for their defense but Schwartz defenses have been very good overall so I could also see him staying.

Your baby can't do this

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567