Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 244 of 244 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244
Results 3,646 to 3,650 of 3650
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    He was otherworldly lucky. The rate at which he walked people is largely impossible to maintain alongside even a meager 5.40 ERA (3 ER in 5 IP) over the course of a full season.

He isn't going to sniff the rotation regardless, barring not just one but multiple impactful injuries.
    Not denying that, he was very lucky. I'll take that luck again or if he somehow manages to fix the issues he had if he's even in the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoley89 View Post
    The 538 article on the Cubs made me want to jump off a building.
    Assuming you are talking about this article:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-be-a-dynasty/

A lot of teams in baseball missed their chance at a dynasty. Baseball usually doesn't produce them. There hasn't been a back to back champions since the Yankees in the 98-99-00. I guess if you want to say the Red Sox have been a dynasty or the Giants but it just doesn't happen for various reasons. I'd still much rather be in the Cubs position of having won a title then say the Dodgers who have come up short multiple times or the Rangers in the early part of the decade. If you really want to dig deeper the Nationals and Pirates missed out also on not even winning a playoff series in their window. I'll take what we've accomplished so far with an opportunity to add on.
    Last edited by bootsy; Today at 03:42 PM.

I read that Luis Severino signed a 4 years/$40M with an option extension. Would anyone want that sort of deal for Kyle Hendricks ?

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    I read that Luis Severino signed a 4 years/$40M with an option extension. Would anyone want that sort of deal for Kyle Hendricks ?
    You'd have to be pretty outside your mind to not want that sort of deal for Kyle Hendricks.

The problem is those deals were buying out all of Nola and Severino's arb years and Hendricks is almost done with those. I won't say it's impossible because even a week ago I'd have thought either of these deals to be impossible, but it would seem remarkably unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    You'd have to be pretty outside your mind to not want that sort of deal for Kyle Hendricks.

The problem is those deals were buying out all of Nola and Severino's arb years and Hendricks is almost done with those. I won't say it's impossible because even a week ago I'd have thought either of these deals to be impossible, but it would seem remarkably unlikely.
    I see. You’re right that it does seem impossible to see Hendricks extended right now. In saying that I think some players are panicking about a potential work stoppage and extending now.