Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 232 of 252 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 3780
    There is very little chance he takes a short-term deal. If he does take a short-term deal, he's not doing it with a team that needs a rebuild like the Giants. This is a franchise that has talked and most likely will trade Bumgarner during the 2019 season. If it's a short-term deal then it's likely back with the Nationals. This is wishful thinking on the Giants part.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    There is very little chance he takes a short-term deal. If he does take a short-term deal, he's not doing it with a team that needs a rebuild like the Giants. This is a franchise that has talked and most likely will trade Bumgarner during the 2019 season. If it's a short-term deal then it's likely back with the Nationals. This is wishful thinking on the Giants part.
    Maybe they could entice him with yearly opt outs or something? Not really sure what the giants are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Maybe they could entice him with yearly opt outs or something? Not really sure what the giants are doing.
    OT: What is the best site for Fantasy Baseball? I've only ever played once and remembered that it took a decent amount of time but it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    I just donít know if you name your dog Wrigley without being a Cubs fan or just a big baseball fan. The latter would make sense for a dude that grew up in Vegas.
    My dogs name is Wrigley.

Quote Originally Posted by the20thk View Post
    ot: What is the best site for fantasy baseball? I've only ever played once and remembered that it took a decent amount of time but it was fun.
    espn

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    If our goal is to not have conversations on here about politics, maybe we should not bring up politics?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    espn
    CBSSports is far better than ESPN, but it's not free to play there.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmmahhh View Post

Love the new pic...

Im trying to read more into the Def Metrics...

According to FG, UZR seems to be the "one" go to stat (I understand that there isnt "one"), is everyone agreed on that?

Cause if so, Schwarber rated rated really high, almost Gold Glove caliber according to FG. I know it was one season but it was 800+ innings and 150 plays (if Im reading that right?)

So are we optimistic that Kyle is improving at LF? Gold Glove caliber? I mean, his UZR was higher than the GG winner, albeit with 25 less opportunities.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...rs=0&sort=23,d

2018 Cubs Offseason Thread 2.0: Winter Meetings Edition

According to FG, UZR seems to be the "one" go to stat (I understand that there isnt "one"), is everyone agreed on that?

Cause if so, Schwarber rated rated really high, almost Gold Glove caliber according to FG. I know it was one season but it was 800+ innings and 150 plays (if Im reading that right?)

So are we optimistic that Kyle is improving at LF? Gold Glove caliber? I mean, his UZR was higher than the GG winner, albeit with 25 less opportunities.

Nearly all of Schwarberís defensive value last year came from his arm. His throwing metrics were easily the best in the league among LF. In terms of range and making plays on the ball he was still below average. I donít think a gold glove is in his future, but I think heís fine in LF for now.

That's pretty interesting. His UZR actually went up quite a bit in 2017 and then reached the levels you're referencing (2nd most among LF behind only Alex Gordon) in 2018. I'm sure the advanced stats nerds will correct me but I do not believe outfield assists or his arm in general factor into UZR (I would assume they factor into dWAR). UZR is more a measurement of which plays the fielder made based on the "zone" where the ball was hit and the speed at which it was hit. So Schwarber either (1) fooled us all by failing the zone eye test last year and was instead lightning quick to balls hit in all areas of the outfield; or (2) [more likely] was in the right place at the right time before the ball was hit. Whether that was by skill or luck is difficult to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass View Post
    That's pretty interesting. His UZR actually went up quite a bit in 2017 and then reached the levels you're referencing (2nd most among LF behind only Alex Gordon) in 2018. I'm sure the advanced stats nerds will correct me but I do not believe outfield assists or his arm in general factor into UZR (I would assume they factor into dWAR). UZR is more a measurement of which plays the fielder made based on the "zone" where the ball was hit and the speed at which it was hit. So Schwarber either (1) fooled us all by failing the zone eye test last year and was instead lightning quick to balls hit in all areas of the outfield; or (2) [more likely] was in the right place at the right time before the ball was hit. Whether that was by skill or luck is difficult to tell.
    I guess this includes me. Outfield arm is not only included in UZR, but itís where Schwarber got nearly all of his defensive value in 2018. Heís still below average at range and fielding outside of throwing. Overall heís ok in LF but his defensive strength is his arm.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    My dogs name is Wrigley.
    Same. Bought him for my wife 10 years ago.

Edit: bonus points thatís its the same breed as harpers

My first Dogís name was Napoleon. I canít say I was much of a fan of Napoleon Bonaparte, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    My first Dogís name was Napoleon. I canít say I was much of a fan of Napoleon Bonaparte, though.
    Dude's one of my favorite people in history. Not feeling r the best of reasons, mind you. By favorites none the less.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.