Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 127 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2652
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRoy View Post
    So itís Machado and Harper and itís down to the Phillies and White Sox with the Giants kind of as a dark horse?
    I doubt Phillies/WS are the only two teams left for Harper/Machado. I think Harper goes back to Was before he signs with either CWS or Philly. Now Manny might be in a trickier spot. I wonder if the Dodgers jump back in on Manny, move Turner to 1B and Bellinger to the OF.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I doubt Phillies/WS are the only two teams left for Harper/Machado. I think Harper goes back to Was before he signs with either CWS or Philly. Now Manny might be in a trickier spot. I wonder if the Dodgers jump back in on Manny, move Turner to 1B and Bellinger to the OF.
    I assumed they were going to give more ABs to Muncy

Anyone hear that Nightengale said (on MLB network) Phillies might be willing to go to 12yrs, 350mil for Harper? Canít find him tweeting that. Just an MLBN clip on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Anyone hear that Nightengale said (on MLB network) Phillies might be willing to go to 12yrs, 350mil for Harper? Canít find him tweeting that. Just an MLBN clip on twitter.
    Yeah Iíve only heard the clip as well.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Yeah Iíve only heard the clip as well.
    Wonder how the most recent Nationals offer compares.

I know everyone is going to go bananas about that, but I don't think that's all that important. Any "twelve year" contract will have multiple outs, he will almost assuredly use at some juncture. And the "$350m" figure is the total deal if he doesn't. Which...he most assuredly will.

Realistically, I think all that matters to both Harper and Boras when it comes to the contract is the how much money in the first 3-4 years and where those opt outs are. I think whatever deal he ends up signing will really be something like 3/$110m or so when he opts out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Wonder how the most recent Nationals offer compares.
    I heard they made another offer a while back after the $300 mil offers reported on the last day of the season, but havenít heard anything new on it

Agreed. The deal will have opt outs. May think Iím crazy but I would do 12/360 and not blink an eye. Structure the first four years at 150m (30,40,45, 35) -Opt out
    Obviously prefer like a 9 or 10 year deal but with the opt outs as well.

The Dodgers are only paying 3 million of Martins contract? Jesus thats what we are basically paying ****ing Descalso, entire NL has gotten better except for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    You're way more likeable

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    The Dodgers are only paying 3 million of Martins contract? Jesus thats what we are basically paying ****ing Descalso, entire NL has gotten better except for us.
    You know why that is? Because Martin is old and crappy. Between the two and their contracts, give me Descalso. If the Dodgers got better this off-season, it's certainly not because of Russell Martin.
    Screw sabermetics.

Imagine being upset that we didnít bother making a trade for Russell Martin.

Good on the Dodgers for downgrading massively at catcher and for the Cubs for realising that Willson Contreras is a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    Agreed. The deal will have opt outs. May think Iím crazy but I would do 12/360 and not blink an eye. Structure the first four years at 150m (30,40,45, 35) -Opt out
    Obviously prefer like a 9 or 10 year deal but with the opt outs as well.
    Depends on the team. With the Nationals or Dodgers, the CBT is a factor so they will have a longer contract but with incentivized opt-outs (e.g., higher salaries the first few years). That way the CBT value of the deal is diluted by the longer contract, but Harper is incentivized to opt out after a few years. Yes, the team paid 120 mil for 3 years of Harper, but they don't have an albatross of a contract for decades on end.

I can see the White Sox playing with a different structured contract where maybe the first few years aren't as high as some of the other CBT-impacted teams. They can't afford to pay Harper that kind of money for just a few years and them watch him walk. But I just don't see how that formula is successful.

I can't see Harper or Machado going to low budget teams. Not just because they can't afford them -- the White Sox most certainly can -- but because the higher budget teams can offer a CBT-focused deal that ends up paying Harper more up front, then letting him do this circus all over again. The CBT did very little to improve parity across the league and has resulted only in suppressing payrolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    You know why that is? Because Martin is old and crappy. Between the two and their contracts, give me Descalso. If the Dodgers got better this off-season, it's certainly not because of Russell Martin.
    3 year age difference and Martin still is better than descalso during his decline years than descalso is now at his "peak"

Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Imagine being upset that we didnít bother making a trade for Russell Martin.

Good on the Dodgers for downgrading massively at catcher and for the Cubs for realising that Willson Contreras is a lot better.
    Imagine being happy that our lone move this offseason was to add a crappy clubhouse guy. The fact that people are "upset" is because the billionaire ricketts are being stingy as hell. This was a wild card team, we aren't just a descalso away from a world series. Though I'm sure youre content with the single world series win in 2016. That's the kind of complacency that made the Cubs losers for over 100 years.