Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Jarwin looked pretty good yesterday honestly. If he can get consistent snaps and targets, I'd be ok with him starting.
    The more the better. I want to see this offense get going. Then, they would truly surprise some people in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    The more the better. I want to see this offense get going. Then, they would truly surprise some people in the playoffs.
    The offense did really well yesterday we just weren't able to finish drives with touchdowns and Dak had the 3 bad turnovers. Well, 2 bad turnovers. The first INT was bad because we were close to scoring a TD but it was more that the Eagles CB made a good play on the ball more than it was a bad throw. The fumble (again) and the INT where Gallup was wide wide wide open were mistakes we can't make.

Regardless, I'll take this version of Dak where he is pushing the ball down the field and taking chances over his dink and dunk style from earlier in the year even if there are a few mistakes that go along with that. Once he and Gallup really get on the same page (sometimes Dak overthrows him sometimes Gallup stops running when Dak expects him to be at full speed) we will look even better.

It's also kind of funny that Dak still hasn't had a 300 yard passing game this year. A bunch of 100 yard games, a bunch of 200 yard games and now a 400 yard game haha

The offense did really well yesterday we just weren't able to finish drives with touchdowns and Dak had the 3 bad turnovers. Well, 2 bad turnovers. The first INT was bad because we were close to scoring a TD but it was more that the Eagles CB made a good play on the ball more than it was a bad throw. The fumble (again) and the INT where Gallup was wide wide wide open were mistakes we can't make.

Regardless, I'll take this version of Dak where he is pushing the ball down the field and taking chances over his dink and dunk style from earlier in the year even if there are a few mistakes that go along with that. Once he and Gallup really get on the same page (sometimes Dak overthrows him sometimes Gallup stops running when Dak expects him to be at full speed) we will look even better.
    I would probably say the turnover near our own goaline was really bad because it gave up a direct touchdown when we had been shutting them out to 0 points. And also the fumble near mid field was bad because it gave them a short field. It was a miracle that the Cowboy defense stopped them at the goal line 3 times to force a field goal. And to think of it the under throw to Amari would have resulted in a touchdown. I'm starting to think that they should go conservative some times if the defense is keeping the game out of reach and all we have to do is playing clean football. The turnovers let them into the game. And Dak's strength has been protecting the ball. Fix that during practice, not during a crucial game. But, I just see it as a good learning experience for Dak and the receivers. Even if they make some bad mistakes, shake it off and rally back. That's the mark of maturity. The great thing about this year's squad is that they rally together - no pointing fingers... Dak and the receivers just kept at it as if the previous bad plays didn't happen. I think once they get the timing down, it will be much more explosive. For Gallup and Amari, he would have to account for their speed...they are capable of running much faster than say a Dez who can't beat his man.

It's also kind of funny that Dak still hasn't had a 300 yard passing game this year. A bunch of 100 yard games, a bunch of 200 yard games and now a 400 yard game haha
    I didn't fault him for some of those previous games because he threw 0 interceptions. Nathan Peterman of the Bills basically would throw 5 picks that killed his team, who had a stout defense. And he got benched. I think the reason Dak was able to survive and hold onto his starting spot is that he doesn't throw picks. The fumbles aren't all on the quarterback because sometimes they are scrambling or defenders are getting through the line. But, seeing the games I think the winter weather is taking effect and it seems like teams with strong defenses are starting to impose their will. Mitch Trubisky was handing out interceptions like they were promotional hotcakes.

It was funny how Stephen A Smith was saying that Dallas would choke and the Eagles would take over the NFC East. Before that, he said the Saints would absolute stomp on the Cowboys. He's literally been wrong about everything. Now, he's freaking out because the Cowboys won both games.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    It was funny how Stephen A Smith was saying that Dallas would choke and the Eagles would take over the NFC East. Before that, he said the Saints would absolute stomp on the Cowboys. He's literally been wrong about everything. Now, he's freaking out because the Cowboys won both games.
    Meh, Smith is basically paid to troll the Cowboys because it's good for ratings I think.

Meh, Smith is basically paid to troll the Cowboys because it's good for ratings I think.
    He says it with such conviction like he's talking himself into believing it. Then, he melts down and makes qualifiers for his pick when he's wrong. He also said that Tyson Fury would get knocked out before the 8th round.

Bob Sturm on 1310 the ticket in Dallas just made a great point - Amari is leading the whole NFL in almost every category since coming to the Cowboys 6 games ago and its DESTROYING the narrative that this QB cant play and is the reason why Dez couldnt have big numbers etc meanwhile Dak to Cooper is as seamless as can be with perfect chemistry without an offseason or anything yet we have been told by the Dak-haters that the guy just cant play. Time for a new narrative on why Dak cant win even though he does.

You know what's really hidden? We know Dak is iffy and developing but offensive line play way worse than him.

It might be time to look at future hof Smith.

Follow the Black Saiyan of Sports @TeddyGreenIII

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    You know what's really hidden? We know Dak is iffy and developing but offensive line play way worse than him.

It might be time to look at future hof Smith.

Follow the Black Saiyan of Sports @TeddyGreenIII
    I am not sure Dak is iffy if he has protection and a good receiver to throw to, well at least he has has half of that combo now with Cooper. He wasnt iffy in 2016 or since Amari. The narrative wont die. We just have changing narratives now why Dak is no good.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    I am not sure Dak is iffy if he has protection and a good receiver to throw to, well at least he has has half of that combo now with Cooper. He wasnt iffy in 2016 or since Amari. The narrative wont die. We just have changing narratives now why Dak is no good.
    You're acting like he played a flawless game Sunday. He was good and he has improved a lot since the Cooper trade, but there is still a lot of room for improvement especially in red zone efficiency and reducing turnovers. With how much we moved the ball on Sunday it was a travesty that we didn't blow them out. The 4th and OT were Dak at his best, though. He killed it. If we could just somewhere close to that on a consistent basis with Dak then we will be golden.

One thing that was impressive the whole game, though, was his pocket awareness (except for the fumble play). He was decisive and trusted him arm when he saw where he wanted to go. That's what he really needs to keep doing. I will also say it again that I love when Dak is playing aggressive. He is so much better even if we have a few more mistakes.

I think there is also (for me at least) a lot of lingering sense of doubt with Dak for that terrible stretch of play from the second half of last year and the first half of this year. He was really bad. I'm starting to come back around on him again, and there are encouraging signs, but he really fell flat for basically an entire year so it's not easy to get immediately back on board.

You're acting like he played a flawless game Sunday. He was good and he has improved a lot since the Cooper trade, but there is still a lot of room for improvement especially in red zone efficiency and reducing turnovers. With how much we moved the ball on Sunday it was a travesty that we didn't blow them out. The 4th and OT were Dak at his best, though. He killed it. If we could just somewhere close to that on a consistent basis with Dak then we will be golden.

One thing that was impressive the whole game, though, was his pocket awareness (except for the fumble play). He was decisive and trusted him arm when he saw where he wanted to go. That's what he really needs to keep doing. I will also say it again that I love when Dak is playing aggressive. He is so much better even if we have a few more mistakes.
    I donít blame him for pocket awareness on the fumble. That was a pretty immediate sack that was given up.

There is definitely a trend that shows he needs to work on holding the ball securely at all times though.

As for the RZ, I think not having a reliable TE option hurts the most down there. That and the fact their OL has fallen off a good bit as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Lets lock it up this weekend. Would like to see the streak extend to 6. Will be a tough test on the road in doors against a fairly explosive team. Kind of a dry run for NO in the 2nd round. Getting a little ahead of myself but fun to dream, right?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast