Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,757

    Warriors v Bucks 2

    A similar number of fouls called each way but somehow the Bucks had almost 5 times as many attempts until the last minute of the game. Is it the players, the scheme, or the refs that year after year have the Warriors getting fewer FTs than their opponents?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    A similar number of fouls called each way but somehow the Bucks had almost 5 times as many attempts until the last minute of the game. Is it the players, the scheme, or the refs that year after year have the Warriors getting fewer FTs than their opponents?
    There was a point in the second quarter with almost 4 minutes to go where they got the bucks to 4 team fouls. It was frustrating me to no end that the warriors were not even trying to attack them. They were settling for fade away jump shots. When we got kevin durant a few yrs ago- I really expected him to be a guy who was going to attack the basket more. Giannis was attacking our interior defense all night long. I just wanted a 3 minute stretch where KD would try to capitalize on them being in the penalty and its almost like the warriors werent even aware of it. They screwed around passing back and forth top each other 20-25 feet from the basket for most of the shot clock.

    I dont like to hear complaining that were not getting to the line when there is such a clear discrepancy in the two teams focus on attacking the basket

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,182
    Maybe when they get boogie cousins back- we will see more trips to the line. Atleast thats what I am hoping.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,757
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    There was a point in the second quarter with almost 4 minutes to go where they got the bucks to 4 team fouls. It was frustrating me to no end that the warriors were not even trying to attack them. They were settling for fade away jump shots. When we got kevin durant a few yrs ago- I really expected him to be a guy who was going to attack the basket more. Giannis was attacking our interior defense all night long. I just wanted a 3 minute stretch where KD would try to capitalize on them being in the penalty and its almost like the warriors werent even aware of it. They screwed around passing back and forth top each other 20-25 feet from the basket for most of the shot clock.

    I dont like to hear complaining that were not getting to the line when there is such a clear discrepancy in the two teams focus on attacking the basket
    Sure, the points in the paint favored the Bucks, but not 5 to 1.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Sure, the points in the paint favored the Bucks, but not 5 to 1.
    points in the paint isnt the only way to get fouled..... its just something the warriors players didnt even try to do to force the issue.


    warriors also had a ridiculous number of unforced live ball turnovers (particularly in the first half)- where often they fouled the bucks as a result and got them towards the penalty faster.

    I guess the question is.....A) How many plays did you see a buck player go to the line when he wasnt fouled. (I remember curry standing straight up with his hands up- and the buck player brushing his hand once)

    B) How many times did the warriors clearly deserve a foul and not get a whistle. (Shortly after the curry incident- I remember durant taking it hard to the basket and there being a lot of contact and nothing was called)

    This wasnt happening all night IMO though...... and when durant went and there was a lot of contact- Giannis did go pretty straight up. My bigger issue was this was right after they called the brush foul on curry when he was standing still.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,757
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    points in the paint isnt the only way to get fouled..... its just something the warriors players didnt even try to do to force the issue.


    warriors also had a ridiculous number of unforced live ball turnovers (particularly in the first half)- where often they fouled the bucks as a result and got them towards the penalty faster.

    I guess the question is.....A) How many plays did you see a buck player go to the line when he wasnt fouled. (I remember curry standing straight up with his hands up- and the buck player brushing his hand once)

    B) How many times did the warriors clearly deserve a foul and not get a whistle. (Shortly after the curry incident- I remember durant taking it hard to the basket and there being a lot of contact and nothing was called)

    This wasnt happening all night IMO though...... and when durant went and there was a lot of contact- Giannis did go pretty straight up. My bigger issue was this was right after they called the brush foul on curry when he was standing still.
    I understand what you are saying, and yes the Bucks "earned" more trips to the line, but not 5 times more trips. When KD, Klay, and Curry are hit while shooting they seldom get a call, but Giannis, Brogdon, Lopez, and Middleton seemed to have similar contact called their way. Part of it is that they flail more, but players should not be rewarded for acting (and the Warriors have not had good actors in a while).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I understand what you are saying, and yes the Bucks "earned" more trips to the line, but not 5 times more trips. When KD, Klay, and Curry are hit while shooting they seldom get a call, but Giannis, Brogdon, Lopez, and Middleton seemed to have similar contact called their way. Part of it is that they flail more, but players should not be rewarded for acting (and the Warriors have not had good actors in a while).
    maybe not 5 times as many..... but its hard to listen to the argument that the free throws arent being called equal when the guys on the team are literally avoiding contact while they are in the penalty. how many fade aways did bledsoe shoot last night? How many did Giannis shoot? My guess is that klay and kd shot about 5 times as many as those guys. the pathetic part for klay is... hes 6 inches taller than the guy hes shooting fade aways over most the time. I Understand warriors players are capable of making those shots- but thats not the best way to get to the line and force the refs to make a call. I would love it if giannis settled for fade aways as often as the warriors players do

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,757
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    maybe not 5 times as many..... but its hard to listen to the argument that the free throws arent being called equal when the guys on the team are literally avoiding contact while they are in the penalty. how many fade aways did bledsoe shoot last night? How many did Giannis shoot? My guess is that klay and kd shot about 5 times as many as those guys. the pathetic part for klay is... hes 6 inches taller than the guy hes shooting fade aways over most the time. I Understand warriors players are capable of making those shots- but thats not the best way to get to the line and force the refs to make a call. I would love it if giannis settled for fade aways as often as the warriors players do
    Bledsoe didn't attempt a single FT so he may not be the best argument based on that game.

    One factor is also that the Warriors are shooting wide open shots more often than most teams.

    Also, there isn't really anything wrong with a high percentage fade away when you are going to shoot from some distance. I think it's more that when they go to the rim they have more room than most do and there are enough elite scorers on the team that there is no need to put it on the refs to give you points by plowing into an opponent (like LeBron said he does). This differences don't really bug me. What does bug me is that it seems the same contact isn't called the same both ways.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Bledsoe didn't attempt a single FT so he may not be the best argument based on that game.

    One factor is also that the Warriors are shooting wide open shots more often than most teams.

    Also, there isn't really anything wrong with a high percentage fade away when you are going to shoot from some distance. I think it's more that when they go to the rim they have more room than most do and there are enough elite scorers on the team that there is no need to put it on the refs to give you points by plowing into an opponent (like LeBron said he does). This differences don't really bug me. What does bug me is that it seems the same contact isn't called the same both ways.

    Klay settles for a lot of fade aways when he is 6 or 7 feet from the basket. I suppose there is nothing wrong with it- but it isnt the best way to get to the line.... especially when you have a severe size advantage on the guy guarding you

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    28,757
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Klay settles for a lot of fade aways when he is 6 or 7 feet from the basket. I suppose there is nothing wrong with it- but it isnt the best way to get to the line.... especially when you have a severe size advantage on the guy guarding you
    True, but it could be the best way to score on the shot. That's why I said the Warriors don't really have guys who play for contact, but when there is contact it should be called equally.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,182
    Last night was another example of the warriors not getting to the line. Boogie cousins got them into the penalty with almost 6 min to go in both the 3rd ans 4th quarters, and even though they werent shooting the ball great in the second half- they were more content drawing a play up for a contested 24 footer by klay thompson than even considering attacking the rim and getting to the line. it was as if they didnt even realize the kings were over the limit- and this was like 15 straight plays in the 4th

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •