Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    See, that first paragraph is an actual answer to a question. You did it once in the other thread, like 6 pages after I asked, and now once in this thread, actually much better articulated in this thread than that..

I never said if I didn't experience it it isn't real, I said if I didn't experience it then it should be understandable why I would question it rather than buying at face value. I don't see what is so extreme about my take, seems like common sense to me..
    Your take isn't asking a question. Your take is that imaginary time isn't real or possible, which isn't common sense because it contradicts a great number of physicists, mathematicians and quantum mechanics. And I'm asking what knowledge or expertise you have to say they are all wrong or that imaginary time isn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Your take isn't asking a question. Your take is that imaginary time isn't real or possible, which isn't common sense because it contradicts a great number of physicists, mathematicians and quantum mechanics. And I'm asking what knowledge or expertise you have to say they are all wrong or that imaginary time isn't possible.
    My take is imaginary time isn't common sense, so explain to me why I should subscribe to it.

A few times you gave pieces of an answer, a few times you told me appeal to authority.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I mean if you want to ignore it then fine. I'm not sitting here pushing it on anyone. We're social and learning creatures, there are plenty of ways of trying to get to know people without using the Zodiac signs.

I don't ignore it because I see how it's made me grow as a person. I see how much insight it's offered. If we have the knowledge, its good to use it. Why waste it? That's why I use it, along with plenty of other things, when getting to know people.
    You didnt answer my question: what does it offer if different signs can exhibit similar traits and characteristics and vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You didnt answer my question: what does it offer if different signs can exhibit similar traits and characteristics and vice versa?
    It offers a way to see how a persons mentality works. Well really, it offers a really good way to understand your own self, I'd say that's where most of the power lies. The reason diff signs can exhibit similar traits is because there are 3 main signs which each person has. So you can see how variance is already occurring. And there is a lot more to it, regarding astrology, but you can see already how this is not an exact science. Add on to that the fact that other things develop our personalities too, such as our environment, how we were raised, how we were taught to think, etc etc, you can see why this isn't really a black and white type a thing.
    Last edited by nastynice; 12-11-2018 at 05:46 AM.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

It offers a way to see how a persons mentality works. Well really, it offers a really good way to understand your own self, I'd say that's where most of the power lies. The reason diff signs can exhibit similar traits is because there are 3 main signs which each person has. So you can see how variance is already occurring. And there is a lot more to it, regarding astrology, but you can see already how this is not an exact science. Add on to that the fact that other things develop our personalities too, such as our environment, how we were raised, how we were taught to think, etc etc, you can see why this isn't really a black and white type a thing.
    Environment, how we were raised, how were taught to think, you left out genetics, are great ways for determining a person's personality traits. Zodiac? Not so much.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Environment, how we were raised, how were taught to think, you left out genetics, are great ways for determining a person's personality traits. Zodiac? Not so much.
    Hmm, maybe. What's your knowledge of and experience with astrology?

Hmm, maybe. What's your knowledge of and experience with astrology?
    Vague comments about one's personality and ambiguous predictions of the future. Also, since there are many people who call themselves astrologers, I'm not sure if i know whether it's the stars talking versus the astrologer.

How are you with psychics?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Vague comments about one's personality and ambiguous predictions of the future. Also, since there are many people who call themselves astrologers, I'm not sure if i know what the stars are saying, if anything, versus what the astrologer is saying.

How are you on psychics?
    OK, so basically ignorant, lol.

I'm pretty good with physics, how bout you?

*its actuly my strength regarding science, because it is very mathematical based

OK, so basically ignorant, lol.

I'm pretty good with physics, how bout you?
    Interesting typo.

Lmao, I thought you said physics! In my head I was like where in the hell is this guy tryina lead this convo? lol! Thought you was gonna attack my physics knowledge.

Psychics. Probably some are better than others. Probably some completely suck and just make money. My experience with them is quite limited.

My take is imaginary time isn't common sense, so explain to me why I should subscribe to it.

A few times you gave pieces of an answer, a few times you told me appeal to authority.
    Imaginary time definitely isn't common sense, but neither is Quantum physics or quantum reactions. Just because something isn't common sense doesn't mean it can't be real. A Duck-Billed Platypus isn't common sense, but that doesn't mean it isn't real.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Absolutely not. Bunch of nonsense that people latch on to for entertainment value, (weakly) explaining away their faults, and having something to talk about with the opposite sex.
    Especially if you are a Virgo.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Imaginary time definitely isn't common sense, but neither is Quantum physics or quantum reactions. Just because something isn't common sense doesn't mean it can't be real. A Duck-Billed Platypus isn't common sense, but that doesn't mean it isn't real.
    My post has nothing to do with what's real or not. My post has to do with explaining WHY I would ask about it and not buy it at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Especially if you are a Virgo.

Does the Zodiac work on animals? Like if my Dog was born as a Leo will it exhibit traits of a Leo?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456