Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Then why believe it? lol
    Haha, bro! Read the rest of the post
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha, bro! Read the rest of the post
    I did. Your first reason was you had a friend who could read it and showed you it and you could see it, which is up there with believing in magic because a street magician makes a card disappear.

The second reason honestly sounded like the ramblings of someone on Shrooms. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Beatles as much as the next guy, but nowhere was there any explanation for how the Zodiac works (thought to be fair, you admitted as much by saying you don't know the science behind it).

I did. Your first reason was you had a friend who could read it and showed you it and you could see it, which is up there with believing in magic because a street magician makes a card disappear.

The second reason honestly sounded like the ramblings of someone on Shrooms. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Beatles as much as the next guy, but nowhere was there any explanation for how the Zodiac works (thought to be fair, you admitted as much by saying you don't know the science behind it).
    Let me simplify my responses.

First. I have seen its accuracy. Same way I have no idea what the science behind a car engine starting is, I have seen engines fire up many times and so I accept it as legit, me knowing or not knowing the science plays no role in my belief of car engines starting.

Second. Everything is connected, everything affects one another. Thinking that the universe around us affects us as people in no way to me has this magical connotation you guys seem to have been implying.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

First. I have seen its accuracy. Same way I have no idea what the science behind a car engine starting is, I have seen engines fire up many times and so I accept it as legit, me knowing or not knowing the science plays no role in my belief of car engines starting.

Second. Everything is connected, everything affects one another. Thinking that the universe around us affects us as people in no way to me has this magical connotation you guys seem to have been implying.
    Pretty sure you're confusing accuracy with confirmation bias.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Pretty sure you're confusing accuracy with confirmation bias.
    No, not really

First, the difference is while you may not know how a car engine works scientifically, there are plenty who do and could tell me and you how it works.

Can the same be said of the Zodiac? Who can explain how the science works.

First, the difference is while you may not know how a car engine works scientifically, there are plenty who do and could tell me and you how it works.

Can the same be said of the Zodiac? Who can explain how the science works.
    Sure, you asked me why believe it if I don't know the science, I told you why. It makes no difference wether I know the science, for me, it also makes no difference if anyone else knows the science. I have never once in my life asked someone to break down the science of car engines for me. I believe it because of my experience. If someone being able to break down the science is a requisite for you to believe something is true, then that's fine, but it isn't for me.

When my stomach hurts, just ate some funk, I take apple cider vinegar, not anti biotic. Although I know the science behind anti biotic, but not apple cider vinegar, I don't care, I've taken apple cider vinegar and know it's effect, makes no diff to me who can explain the science of what, so that's what I take. My experience is good enough for me.

Yes, people can explain the basis of zodiac. I can't.
    Last edited by nastynice; 12-08-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Why is that strange?

Don't stay stuck in black and white. See shades. Ideally, see colors, but first you gotta recognize shades.
    You deny science and embrace woo but call yourself a skeptic. Strange

No, not really
    How would you know?

You deny science and embrace woo but call yourself a skeptic. Strange
    What's strange is how you have placed "science" as the only possible indicator of reality. We are knowledge seekers by nature, there is a lot of knowledge to be gained via science, but there is also a lot outside of that.

Essentially what's happening here is you guys have just assumed science to be the only possible means to explain reality. You have made a faulty assumption.

This is tunnel vision.

*I deny science?
    Last edited by nastynice; 12-08-2018 at 07:48 PM.

How would you know?
    Because I never started out with any sort of bias in favor of astrology to begin with. I was ignorant like you, so there was nothing for me to want to confirm for which to display bias for.

What's strange is how you have placed "science" as the only possible indicator of reality. We are knowledge seekers by nature, there is a lot of knowledge to be gained via science, but there is also a lot outside of that.

Essentially what's happening here is you guys have just assumed science to be the only possible means to explain reality. You have made a faulty assumption.

This is tunnel vision.

*I deny science?
    you continue to demonstrate u have no idea what science or the scientific method is.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

This is tunnel vision.

*I deny science?
    fyi: the only way to verify whether the knowledge you have gained is real is through science. Otherwise, you just don't know.

I'm hear ya Nasty

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I'm hear ya Nasty
    I know

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast