Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Alex Smith battling post operative complications

Bad news. This is serious stuff. Hope he recovers without implications to future health.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

agreed...now whats the quickest way to get his 71mil off the books
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2017 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Apparently he has an infection: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ection-in-leg/

Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Let him ride an ATV with Malik McDowell.

Damn that sucks. Hope he comes through ok.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Apparently he has an infection: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ection-in-leg/

Yikes!
    As many know, this is nothing to turn a blind eye to. Not only is his playing career in jeopardy at this point, but there's high probability that the effects of this could hamper post-playing days as well.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    As many know, this is nothing to turn a blind eye to. Not only is his playing career in jeopardy at this point, but there's high probability that the effects of this could hamper post-playing days as well.
    Yeah, now it's very similar to the Theismann injury. There is no way to know when he is going to be able to come back, much less live a regular life. This sucks for him on so many levels.

The original $71 million that was guaranteed is guaranteed. His entire contract for 2019 is guaranteed, but they could speed things up for 2020 and take a dead money hit into future seasons.

At this point, if the Redskins want an affordable QB for next year, they are going to be drafting one in the first three rounds.

Another big problem is that McCoy could be out for quite some time, so after this season, there are zero QBs on the roster, so when OTAs and minicamps start, no one is rostered to throw the football around.

Perhaps the NFL should adopt some sort of "catastrophic injury" provision of the CBA where the player would still be entitled to their salary from any contracts but the team would be able to exempt their cap hit in whole or in part based on a catastrophic injury that ends a players career.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    The original $71 million that was guaranteed is guaranteed. His entire contract for 2019 is guaranteed, but they could speed things up for 2020 and take a dead money hit into future seasons.

At this point, if the Redskins want an affordable QB for next year, they are going to be drafting one in the first three rounds.

Another big problem is that McCoy could be out for quite some time, so after this season, there are zero QBs on the roster, so when OTAs and minicamps start, no one is rostered to throw the football around.
    That's what Im saying.... can we spread it out over the initial contract he signed, or lets say this upcoming off season we don't add much in free agency and add to his cap number to help get it off the books quicker? Basically this can be viewed the same as the cap penalties we paid back a few years ago, we have 71mil. of dead money to pay out. I don't know how it all works, but I'd want it off the books as fast as possible, because its going to be hard to help out any rookie we bring in without surrounding him with decent players. Hopefully McCoy will be ready to go next year, I'd say just roll with him until we can get most of that Smith money off the books. McCoy hasn't even been put on IR for this year yet, which makes me think he definitely ready for next year
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 12-07-2018 at 09:40 AM.

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

If everything goes well, Smith could be able to play next season. That's far from guaranteed though.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Perhaps the NFL should adopt some sort of "catastrophic injury" provision of the CBA where the player would still be entitled to their salary from any contracts but the team would be able to exempt their cap hit in whole or in part based on a catastrophic injury that ends a players career.
    I agree with that, but the options for abusing it are many. It would have to have very specific wording in it to make it effective.

That's what Im saying.... can we spread it out over the initial contract he signed, or lets say this upcoming off season we don't add much in free agency and add to his cap number to help get it off the books quicker? Basically this can be viewed the same as the cap penalties we paid back a few years ago, we have 71mil. of dead money to pay out. I don't know how it all works, but I'd want it off the books as fast as possible, because its going to be hard to help out any rookie we bring in without surrounding him with decent players. Hopefully McCoy will be ready to go next year, I'd say just roll with him until we can get most of that Smith money off the books. McCoy hasn't even been put on IR for this year yet, which makes me think he definitely ready for next year
    He would need to agree to a revised contract if that is the case, and I don't think the NFLPA would be very happy about that.

I agree with that, but the options for abusing it are many. It would have to have very specific wording in it to make it effective.
    The NBA has something like that and the Blazers tried to use it on Brandon Roy however a condition of the rule said that he can't play in the NBA for however many years and in the last year of the window he signed with the T-Wolves and played a few games, which placed his sizeable salary back on the Blazer's books and really hurt their cap flexibility lol

He would need to agree to a revised contract if that is the case, and I don't think the NFLPA would be very happy about that.
    why would they not be happy about a player they stand behind getting paid more?

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast