Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    50,747
    Thereís a trick to spreading this out other than the post June 1st cut, but you got to get the player to agree. The Steelers have done it twice to get a player to extend on a 3 year deal knowing the guy would only play 1 more year. Ike Taylor and I think James Farrior.

    PROCESSING

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    12,354
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Thereís a trick to spreading this out other than the post June 1st cut, but you got to get the player to agree. The Steelers have done it twice to get a player to extend on a 3 year deal knowing the guy would only play 1 more year. Ike Taylor and I think James Farrior.
    Yeah, the most you can do is +2 years.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    50,747
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yeah, the most you can do is +2 years.
    Yea even if I went over on the years itís still an option to lessen the cap hit if they choose.

    PROCESSING

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    95,724
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Do you realize how many players would take advantage of this?
    well of course there would be a gray area and lines drawn but if something is a career ending injury it kinda sucks the dude doesnt get the contract he signed in full when he got hurt on the job

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    12,354
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yea even if I went over on the years itís still an option to lessen the cap hit if they choose.
    Yes, but that has already been mentioned.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    50,747
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yes, but that has already been mentioned.
    Ok? No Skins fan commented on it and I was asking how they felt about it. Itís not really being talked about to attempt to redistribute the hit.

    PROCESSING

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    11,404
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ok? No Skins fan commented on it and I was asking how they felt about it. Itís not really being talked about to attempt to redistribute the hit.
    I'll be the first to admit, I have no clue on how this works... I know the only out we have is if he retires. If he doesn't we are on the hook for the 71 mil minus the insurance policy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •