Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Sick prop bet

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    34,275

    Sick prop bet

    https://nypost.com/2018/11/30/poker-...rous-darkness/

    30 days in the dark by yourself 100,000. Would you take it? Should this be legal? If you would not take it would a higher amount make you take it? If you were negotiating with a on a bet like this what would you want the terms to be?
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    74,876
    Would do it. Wouldn't think twice. That means I could finally take an uninterrupted nap. Sign me up.

    The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS


    #15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    27,743
    Sign me up.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    34,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Sign me up.
    you're a wild man
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,101
    Wouldn't be easy but I'd be hard pressed not to give it a crack.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    34,275
    I can't believe everyone is saying yes to this. I am a hell no
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,101
    I'm guessing many if not all of the people saying yes actually wouldn't be able to pull it off though. On paper, it might be an easy yes but completing said task would be far from easy.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    34,275
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm guessing many if not all of the people saying yes actually wouldn't be able to pull it off though. On paper, it might be an easy yes but completing said task would be far from easy.

    If you gave me light and something to read I think I could do it but in the dark with nothing sounds impossible. Sounds cruel
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    74,876
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm guessing many if not all of the people saying yes actually wouldn't be able to pull it off though. On paper, it might be an easy yes but completing said task would be far from easy.
    I think you are 100% right.

    The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS


    #15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    54,417
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If you gave me light and something to read I think I could do it but in the dark with nothing sounds impossible. Sounds cruel
    The repercussions of doing something like this could also be life changing. I know that may seem silly to some, but just look at the psychological effects just a week in a prison hole has done to man. I guess the only difference would be knowing you're a free man at any time and can walk out at any time.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,101
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If you gave me light and something to read I think I could do it but in the dark with nothing sounds impossible. Sounds cruel
    Exactly. Even just a smartphone and charger would make it so much easier.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,250
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    The repercussions of doing something like this could also be life changing. I know that may seem silly to some, but just look at the psychological effects just a week in a prison hole has done to man. I guess the only difference would be knowing you're a free man at any time and can walk out at any time.
    But 30 days knowing you come out $100K richer vs 7 days knowing you come out going back in a cell?

    I have to think the mindset of knowing the end result would help.

    I’d do it because I’d probably adjust to the dark enough to be able to see in the dark.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    38,250
    Hmm so it’s a small room with a bathroom bed and not knowing the time and day. I guess that’d be a little harder. I’d still try it for sure


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    54,417
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    But 30 days knowing you come out $100K richer vs 7 days knowing you come out going back in a cell?

    I have to think the mindset of knowing the end result would help.

    I’d do it because I’d probably adjust to the dark enough to be able to see in the dark.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still there is actual physical harm that can come from this regardless of mental mindset as well. Lack of natural light can do some really crazy stuff to the human body in a very quick manner.

    With that said, you'd be crazy to not give a whirl. Worst case you cave and have to come out.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    18,006
    Not a chance.

    You’re literally alone with your thoughts for a month. Nothing to read, watch or write on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •