Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    so do we roll with Ozuna/Bader/O'Neill in the outfield then?

Carp
    DeJong
    Goldie
    Ozuna
    O'Neill
    Molina
    Bader
    Wong

Then go after Miller and Kimbrell?

I wouldn't mind going after Brantley. I think he would make a great 2 hitter and shouldn't be too expensive.

Hope we go after Harper, but if we can't get him I'd be ok with Brantley
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

From D. Goold:

With their brawny bat added before the arrival of the winter meetings, the Cardinals will narrow their focus to lefty relief and a lefthanded bat off the bench, possibly from a utility infielder. The Cardinals will drift further to the periphery on the Bryce Harper sweepstakes, and for them to re-enter that mix it will take an opening in the market or a subsequent move to clear a spot in the outfield.

At this point the Cardinals are penciling Dexter Fowler as their starting right fielder for opening day.
    https://www.stltoday.com/sports/base...217f28f18.html

In terms of hitters, it appears the Cards are moving away from adding any sort of starting lineup help after Goldschmidt. No Brantley etc as well unless they dump players.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    so do we roll with Ozuna/Bader/O'Neill in the outfield then?

Carp
    DeJong
    Goldie
    Ozuna
    O'Neill
    Molina
    Bader
    Wong

Then go after Miller and Kimbrell?

I wouldn't mind going after Brantley. I think he would make a great 2 hitter and shouldn't be too expensive.

Hope we go after Harper, but if we can't get him I'd be ok with Brantley
    I'd prefer that, and let Fowler try to earn his job back, and to protect from regression of Bader/O'Neill, and to give us some protection if Ozuna walks after this year.

I realize Martinez isn't good in the outfield, but I still feel like Willie McGee could help him to become just bad, instead of miserable.

I wouldn't touch Brantley with a 10 foot pole, and I think that was more of a 'if we get Donaldson' type of situation.

But, I could see them doing it still. I was afraid O'Neill would be in a Goldie deal, so I thought they would get Brantley if he was.

Spend the combo of $20M and the bench redundancies of Jedd/Martinez ideally on a lefty bench utility player and two relievers. A lot of creativity there available.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 12-06-2018 at 01:29 AM.

Career slash lines

1. Carpenter - 3B - .274/.377/.470
    2. Fowler - RF - .262/.360/.420
    3. Ozuna - LF - .277/.329/.452
    4. Goldschmidt - 1B - .297/.398/.532
    5. Molina - C - .282/.334/.406
    6. DeJong - SS - .263/.319/.482
    7. Wong - 2B - .255/.325/.380
    8. Pitcher
    9. Bader - CF - .259/.325/.414

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Career slash lines

1. Carpenter - 3B - .274/.377/.470
    2. Fowler - RF - .262/.360/.420
    3. Ozuna - LF - .277/.329/.452
    4. Goldschmidt - 1B - .297/.398/.532
    5. Molina - C - .282/.334/.406
    6. DeJong - SS - .263/.319/.482
    7. Wong - 2B - .255/.325/.380
    8. Pitcher
    9. Bader - CF - .259/.325/.414
    Here's to hoping a bounce back year from Fowler or that we are able to dump him. What bench piece would we be looking for? Who's a name to keep an eye on? Hopefully we snag Miller. I'd be pretty happy about that.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Here's to hoping a bounce back year from Fowler or that we are able to dump him. What bench piece would we be looking for? Who's a name to keep an eye on? Hopefully we snag Miller. I'd be pretty happy about that.
    Potential bench guys if we traded one of Fowler/Martinez/Jedd

Justin Bour
    Derek Dietrich
    Robbie Grossman
    etc

That's a 1B, a utility guy, and an outfielder

I think guys like that could work.

Adrianza would be a defensive utility guy that can hit from the left side
    Detrich would be an offensive utility guy that can hit from the left side

But again, I think it means one of Martinez/Jedd/Fowler was in another trade

Resign Matt Adams on the cheap. I like Justin Bour if he's 5mil or less.

We do not need a utility guy... because we have Jedd, Wisdom, and Munoz. Plus Carp's flexibility is huge for us. We just simply need a left handed power bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    Resign Matt Adams on the cheap. I like Justin Bour if he's 5mil or less.

We do not need a utility guy... because we have Jedd, Wisdom, and Munoz. Plus Carp's flexibility is huge for us. We just simply need a left handed power bat.
    I'd be pretty excited to snag Bour.

I like this move. Hope we can resign him.

It stinks that we are stuck with Fowler. Not sure we could find a sucker to take on that contract.

Without Kelly, is Knizner on his way up?

Quote Originally Posted by MylesB View Post
    Without Kelly, is Knizner on his way up?
    I imagine they'll get a vet backup for 2019, and we'll see Knizer at some point later in the year this year or next year.

Ideally, they call him up in June of 2020, and he is the backup then, and they get the full 6 years behind that, keeping him under control through 2026, and he gets time with Molina in 2020.

Dude is such a pro

Wearing number 46

Loved his presser. Such a pro.

Yeah that was a good one... seems like a great dude

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12