Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Excellent addition. I know nothing about the guys StL gave up, but Goldy is a beast.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by goingfor28; 12-05-2018 at 08:37 PM.

great move for one of the top players in baseball... dude is a monster

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I'm curious what the Cardinals will do with Jose Martinez now. He's not a good fielder so can't see them putting him in the outfield. Will they trade him?
    They have to flip him to an AL team so he can DH. There should still be some interest in him despite defensive limitations.

It's a ****ing awesome deal for us

Kelly and Weaver used to be top 100 prospects, but neither have a role with the team for awhile, and both have lost their luster.

Feels like we gave the D'Backs 4 filler pieces for one of the best players in the game.

The competitive balance pick is simply a hedge, that we will retain if we can't extend him.

I actually like Young, feels like a future Brian Dozer. I don't think Kelly will ever hit, and Weaver feels like a homer problem waiting to happen.

C - Molina
    1B - Goldschmidt
    2B - Wong
    SS - DeJong
    3B - Carpenter
    LF - Ozuna
    CF - Bader
    RF - Fowler/O'Neill

Bench
    C - Vet backup, maybe Knizer at some point in the same, for sure in 2020 at some point
    IF - Munoz or Gyorko if Jedd isn't traded
    1B/OF - Martinez (also probably traded)
    Util - last slot goes to Munoz, Gyorko, or Fowler/O'Neill

We can easily move both Jose Martinez and Jedd Gyorko, and we have $20M to spend on the bullpen still, maybe more depending if an acquiring team is willing to eat any of Jedd's money

Lot's of options at this point

Long shot, but we could still be involved in Harper. If we did get Harper, then we could move a ton of position players for bullpen help.

I think we sign one of Britton, Miller, Robertson, Allen, Ottavino, etc, and trade some combo of Jedd/Fowler/Martinez, whatever for another reliever

I'd say we are a 91 team right now, with money to spend, and more redundant resources we can still shed.

We have the ability to lock up Goldie for a 5/$135M deal starting in 2020, Ozuna for a 6/$115M starting in 2020, and Mikolas for 4/$60M starting in 2020 rather easily. Lot's of payroll room. But no need for O'Neill if we extend Ozuna, unless Fowler simply can't rebuild any of his value.

I'd prefer the OF be
    LF - Ozuna
    CF - Bader
    RF - O'Neill

With Fowler getting a ton of starts where it makes sense, and more if he rebounds at all. This protects against some regression from Bader/O'Neill, and that Fowler has no trade value.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Glad he's out of the NL West if nothing else. Anyone know if an extension was part of the deal or if they gave up a bit less and only for sure have him for 2019?
    I feel like one of Hudson or O'Neill would have been required if we had landed him with an extension, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Agreed on both parts.

They traded from the 2 surplus positions that they have at the moment in C and SP. Kelly would have been a good backup this year but the new heir to the catching throne is in AAA and should be ready to split time with Yadi in 2020. They will just have to find a new backup catcher now for 2019. And Weaver was probably 7th in line for a rotation spot unless he killed it in spring training. And admittedly I had never heard of the Young guy till today.

Time will tell who really wins this trade but Iím loving it so far
    I feel like our rotation depth chart entering this year was

1. Martinez
    2. Mikolas
    3. Flaherty
    4. Wacha
    5. Gant
    6. Gomber
    7. Hudson
    8. Wainwright
    9. Weaver
    10. Reyes
    11. Poncedeleon
    12. Helsley
    13. Cabrera
    14. Woodford
    15. Kruzcyneski

Just my opinion

Lineup that I think they'll go with

1. Carpenter - 3B
    2. Fowler - RF (if even 80% of his career average)
    3. Ozuna - LF
    4. Goldschmidt - 1B
    5. Molina - C
    6. DeJong - SS
    7. Wong - 2B
    8. Pitcher
    9. Bader - CF

If Bader can get close to a .360 OBP, I'd prefer he hit leadoff with Carpenter 2nd

If O'Neill is better than Fowler, than O'Neill should be in there, and hitting around DeJong in the 6/7 slots

Martinez and Jedd are men without a home
    Munoz is the same as Jedd, and we don't owe him $9M (includes buyout for next years option)
    Martinez shouldn't own a glove, but he could be used well as a full time pinch hitter, and he has 4 years of control still, and is a career 130 wRC+ hitter

NL Central is stacked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steal even if its just for a year. weaver was regressing, kelly wasnt the future catcher anymore, knizer is and who the frick was the minor leaguer? idk

Cardinals borrowing the Raptor model.

Will inflate 'em for the one year, still a ways to go to catch two other teams in their own division.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post

Will inflate 'em for the one year, still a ways to go to catch two other teams in their own division.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Great deal for STL. Arizona didn't get nearly enough back for him.
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P GRAM (PSD LEGEND)

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

Cubs - 95
    Cards - 91
    Brewers - 85

I'd say that's where each team is right now

Cards have about $20M they can spend
    Cubs are somewhere between 0-$20M
    Brewers are probably at their payroll limit

Probably mostly trades coming at this point from these three, Cards probably add some bullpen pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post

I love you guys, you win one WS in over 100 years and have regressed since and still think you are hot ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Cubs - 95
    Cards - 91
    Brewers - 85

I'd say that's where each team is right now

Cards have about $20M they can spend
    Cubs are somewhere between 0-$20M
    Brewers are probably at their payroll limit

Probably mostly trades coming at this point from these three, Cards probably add some bullpen pieces.
    Youíve always underrated the Brewers so no surprise youíre underestimating them again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast