Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cardinals acquire Paul Goldschmidt

Per Heyman

Power move.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Does Goldy come with a contract extension?

Glad he's out of the NL West if nothing else. Anyone know if an extension was part of the deal or if they gave up a bit less and only for sure have him for 2019?

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

power move for sure, happy the yankees didnt get him

First Sim League Title!

Typically trades are announced with a window allowing the acquiring team to negotiate. Who knows? Best guess right now, no extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Typically trades are announced with a window allowing the acquiring team to negotiate. Who knows? Best guess right now, no extension.
    Correct, usually the league allows 72 hours. However, if I am Goldy, I'm waiting until I see what Harper and Machado get before I even consider an extension.

I think this is a great trade even if it is for a one year rental. Definitely puts them in great playoff run

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I think this is a great trade even if it is for a one year rental. Definitely puts them in great playoff run
    ditto dat.

Agreed on both parts.

They traded from the 2 surplus positions that they have at the moment in C and SP. Kelly would have been a good backup this year but the new heir to the catching throne is in AAA and should be ready to split time with Yadi in 2020. They will just have to find a new backup catcher now for 2019. And Weaver was probably 7th in line for a rotation spot unless he killed it in spring training. And admittedly I had never heard of the Young guy till today.

Time will tell who really wins this trade but Im loving it so far

Good trade for both teams. Dbacks got a couple good long term assets for a guy who hits FA next year and the Cards put themselves back in contention for the division. Should be interesting to see if the Cards have more moves coming and if the Brewers or Cubs will counter.
    Last edited by Sofnr; 12-05-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    Agreed on both parts.

They traded from the 2 surplus positions that they have at the moment in C and SP. Kelly would have been a good backup this year but the new heir to the catching throne is in AAA and should be ready to split time with Yadi in 2020. They will just have to find a new backup catcher now for 2019. And Weaver was probably 7th in line for a rotation spot unless he killed it in spring training. And admittedly I had never heard of the Young guy till today.

Time will tell who really wins this trade but Im loving it so far
    Also the Cardinals showed in Matt Holliday a while ago that they will spend money on a premium player if they view he is worth it. So it isn't exactly a rental. Yes he may very well try for free agency, as he should, but that doesn't mean they have NO SHOT at getting him back

I'm curious what the Cardinals will do with Jose Martinez now. He's not a good fielder so can't see them putting him in the outfield. Will they trade him?

I'm curious what the Cardinals will do with Jose Martinez now. He's not a good fielder so can't see them putting him in the outfield. Will they trade him?
    I would guess hes traded for bullpen help maybe? Id love to keep him as a bat bench though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast