Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 618
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,948
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Side note:

    If we win the North we will play the Rams @ the Coliseum next year.

    It's not impossible to think given the coaches, quarterbacks, and superstars in place on both teams for the foreseeable future that on Sunday night we could be watching the first installment of a Patriots/Colts 00's type thing.

    What a time to be alive.
    That would be awesome. So many similarities too.

    Two young coaches
    Two young qbs who are becoming among the leagues best
    Two HOF defensive players

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,892
    It's also neat that Jared Goff and Mitchell are such good friends and work out together in the off-season. There's a ton of mutual respect between these two organizations, coaches and quarterbacks.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,892
    Also do you guys believe in Karma?

    Tom Coughlin openly criticized Ryan Pace for trading up to get Trubisky and giving up those mid round picks. Now, Coughlin faces a 16.5 million $ cap hit to cut Blake ****ing Bortles

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    That would be awesome. So many similarities too.

    Two young coaches
    Two young qbs who are becoming among the leagues best
    Two HOF defensive players
    Wish the Bears had a Todd Gurley.
    Screw sabermetics.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    3,828
    If the Bears can "wake up" Jordan Howard and control the clock, limit the offensive positions of the Rams, I think the Bears have a shot to upset the Rams. If the Cowboys can slow down the Saints, the Bears can slow down the Rams. The Bears have to "Run Da Bawl" and keep the ball out of Goff hands.
    Screw sabermetics.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    18,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    If the Bears can "wake up" Jordan Howard and control the clock, limit the offensive positions of the Rams, I think the Bears have a shot to upset the Rams. If the Cowboys can slow down the Saints, the Bears can slow down the Rams. The Bears have to "Run Da Bawl" and keep the ball out of Goff hands.
    Jordan isnít the one who needs to be woken up though itís the OL who needs to wake up. The run blocking has been terrible all year.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    23,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    If the Bears can "wake up" Jordan Howard and control the clock, limit the offensive positions of the Rams, I think the Bears have a shot to upset the Rams. If the Cowboys can slow down the Saints, the Bears can slow down the Rams. The Bears have to "Run Da Bawl" and keep the ball out of Goff hands.
    This is the one frustrating thing about this team. Howard is agreat player and you gotta figure out how to get hin going. I get if you like Cohen. But lets be real Cohen is a great 3rd down back but in no way should be a full time back. He has far too many of his rubs end up going for nothing or backwards. Sure he will spurt off a 20 yarder to make up for it...... But its incredibly hard to sustain a drive with negative plays consistantly. Howard has not been great by any means...... But at least he does not set back the chains.

    But we just gotta figure out how to get him going. He id a better runber than what he gas shown in this system. He has 2 years of evidence of that.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    This is the one frustrating thing about this team. Howard is agreat player and you gotta figure out how to get hin going. I get if you like Cohen. But lets be real Cohen is a great 3rd down back but in no way should be a full time back. He has far too many of his rubs end up going for nothing or backwards. Sure he will spurt off a 20 yarder to make up for it...... But its incredibly hard to sustain a drive with negative plays consistantly. Howard has not been great by any means...... But at least he does not set back the chains.

    But we just gotta figure out how to get him going. He id a better runber than what he gas shown in this system. He has 2 years of evidence of that.
    That's the thing. He isn't great. He is solid. He has some power and can block well. He isn't agile. He isn't fast. He isn't a good receiver although he's definitely improved greatly in that aspect.


    He has good vision.


    I loved the guy but his time as a feature back is done , at least for this team.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22,933
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Jordan isnít the one who needs to be woken up though itís the OL who needs to wake up. The run blocking has been terrible all year.
    Honestly think this is gonna be the reason why we ultimately lose this season in the playoffs. The offense is good but it's too one dimensional. Run game is never a threat. That isn't to say we need to be a balanced team, I think being balanced is over-rated, but when there's no threat of a running game whatsoever, all it takes is a good pass defense or a good enough gameplan to make the offense stagnant.

    2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,892
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Honestly think this is gonna be the reason why we ultimately lose this season in the playoffs. The offense is good but it's too one dimensional. Run game is never a threat. That isn't to say we need to be a balanced team, I think being balanced is over-rated, but when there's no threat of a running game whatsoever, all it takes is a good pass defense or a good enough gameplan to make the offense stagnant.
    Yeah, IMO they will trade Howard in the off-season. And likely pick up an RB in free agency. I just hope it's not Tevin Coleman. That dude sucks, relative to his physical gifts.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    This is the one frustrating thing about this team. Howard is agreat player and you gotta figure out how to get hin going. I get if you like Cohen. But lets be real Cohen is a great 3rd down back but in no way should be a full time back. He has far too many of his rubs end up going for nothing or backwards. Sure he will spurt off a 20 yarder to make up for it...... But its incredibly hard to sustain a drive with negative plays consistantly. Howard has not been great by any means...... But at least he does not set back the chains.

    But we just gotta figure out how to get him going. He id a better runber than what he gas shown in this system. He has 2 years of evidence of that.
    IMO when the games start to matter they will give the ball to Cohen 15-19 times in the backfield and run between the tackles. They just don't want to make him susceptible to those types of hits until the games actually matter.

    But there is no denying that a more permanent solution is needed.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    43,941

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    6,414
    This game is the game Iíve been waiting for!! This is a true test right here!

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,948
    I just want to see the Bears beat some ***.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago,IL
    Posts
    6,414
    Defense gotta show up, not like the giants game bc if they do, weíre gonna get smacked. Like do what GB did and execute at the end and itís GG

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •