Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Yea youíre right. Our QB had nothing to do with our success that year. Thatís the problem with todayís fan in the fantasy football era. Who cares about wins? All we need to know is how many yards and total touchdowns thrown to gauge how much inpact the player had on the team lol.
    Couldn't agree with you more Nas. Cousins sucks in primetime games, is abysmal against winning teams, has zero playoff victories but hey he throws for a lot of yards so he's awesome. 7 years in and I'm convinced he has burner accounts on this forum. Too many excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more Nas. Cousins sucks in primetime games, is abysmal against winning teams, has zero playoff victories but hey he throws for a lot of yards so he's awesome. 7 years in and I'm convinced he has burner accounts on this forum. Too many excuses.
    Wayyy too many excuses and optimism for a guy that hasnít done jack **** in his career in terms of winning. At a certain point as a QB, you either play winning football or you donít. This isnít a John Elway story where he gets his teams to the playoffs and conference championships every year and canít seem to win the big game.

Donít get me wrong iím rooting for the guy to succeed but my eyes are telling me this is the same QB that couldnít win in Washington either.

Well you can sit here and ***** about it for the next 2 years or just accept it. I'm choosing to accept it because outside of a few games he has put us in position to win the games.

1st GB game: 425 yards, 4 TD's and completed 72%. Most times that should be a win but out defense gave up 29 points and kicker missed 3 FG's.

Rams: 422 yards, 3 TD's and completed 72%. Again defense gave up 38 points after we scored 31.

NO: 359 yards, 2 TD's, and completed 75%. Theilan TO when we were driving to go up 20-10. His INT was not on him as Diggs stopped his route.

Not making excuses for him but its not all his fault. He played well enough in those 3 games for us to win. Sure he has had bad ones, most recently against CHI and NE but I just can't place all the blame on him.

Should note that we are 1-5-1 when Kirk throws the ball 40 times or more. Going into the season we thought we would have more balance and we need to try and get back to that. He's throwing the ball way too much.

5-0 when under that

Wayyy too many excuses and optimism for a guy that hasnít done jack **** in his career in terms of winning. At a certain point as a QB, you either play winning football or you donít. This isnít a John Elway story where he gets his teams to the playoffs and conference championships every year and canít seem to win the big game.

Donít get me wrong iím rooting for the guy to succeed but my eyes are telling me this is the same QB that couldnít win in Washington either.
    Maybe he'll surprise us tonight and we'll win by 21+ at Seattle. In primetime AND against a team with a good record. Wouldn't that be something?

All I know is I'll never buy a sleep number ... lol

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Well you can sit here and ***** about it for the next 2 years or just accept it. I'm choosing to accept it because outside of a few games he has put us in position to win the games.

1st GB game: 425 yards, 4 TD's and completed 72%. Most times that should be a win but out defense gave up 29 points and kicker missed 3 FG's.

Rams: 422 yards, 3 TD's and completed 72%. Again defense gave up 38 points after we scored 31.

NO: 359 yards, 2 TD's, and completed 75%. Theilan TO when we were driving to go up 20-10. His INT was not on him as Diggs stopped his route.

Not making excuses for him but its not all his fault. He played well enough in those 3 games for us to win. Sure he has had bad ones, most recently against CHI and NE but I just can't place all the blame on him.
    I agree with you but I think thereís a difference between *****ing about it and being real about it. Kirk played great in the Rams game and that loss was completely on the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Should note that we are 1-5-1 when Kirk throws the ball 40 times or more. Going into the season we thought we would have more balance and we need to try and get back to that. He's throwing the ball way too much.

5-0 when under that
    I think this stat just states the obvious. You run more in games that youíre leading. Weíre paying Kirk the big bucks to throw us back into games that we donít have leads and need to come back in. He has not done that consistently yet. Obviously weíd like to stick to the script of playing good defense, getting a lead and running the ball out late in the game. Unfortunately not every game plays out that way and you need to throw your way back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    He would be a good Defensive coordinator but as a head coach he seems to be lost. Even as the #1 defense last year, they sucked in the playoffs. He is Minnesota's version of Marvin Lewis.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't say lost but I can agree with you he has his flaws. He is still a solid coach overall

Marvin Lewis is a bit off imo. He hasn't made it past the wildcard game once in 13 years. We have won a playoff game and made the NFCchampionship within the first 5 years of Zimmer. Also lets look at the Bengals/Lewis with/without Zimmer. Without: 3 playoffs, 10 seasons... With Zimmer: 4 playoffs in 6 years. More success in less time with his defense being a key factor in that.

Zimmer not only has done more/better with this team in 5 years but he also was a major factor in Lewis's success on the bengals in the first place.

Yea youíre right. Our QB had nothing to do with our success that year. Thatís the problem with todayís fan in the fantasy football era. Who cares about wins? All we need to know is how many yards and total touchdowns thrown to gauge how much inpact the player had on the team lol.
    Pretty sure I say this like every offseason around here haha

Thatís the same roster, if not worse than the one Kirk Cousins is 6-5-1 with. Whatís that say?
    That we really miss Shurmur and Defilipo has been a drop off?

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    That we really miss Shurmur and Defilipo has been a drop off?
    You may be right. Or maybe we signed an immobile QB to play behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league. I think Kirk is a better QB than Case, but maybe Caseís skillset fits the way this team is currently constructed better than Kirk does. Our offense would be much more efficient and Kirk would look much better if we had an offensive line that controlled the line of scrimmage. Unfortunately Speilman hasnít been able to build that.

What the crap is even going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    What the crap is even going on here?
    Cousins is mediocre and some are having a hard time admitting it.

Whereís V4LB????

Whereís V4LB????
    Prolly working. Which is what i should be doing!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast