Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    I mean I think his QB rating was like 89 and he was horrendous the other night in Seattle. His QB rating of 98 is solid for the season, the vikings being bottom 6th in points per drive is really bad.

It's his situational play and ability to lead an offense that is often times the problem and I can mostly only speak from his time with the vikes on that. I think the Bears/Pats/Seattle games in a general sense he was actually part of the issue. Not just like average QB not living up to all the hype but like missing easy/open options in key situations and so on. In his other two opportunities he didn't really do anything to stand out above the rest even if he wasn't a cause for the losses. Like that Rams game I think he had a chance to tie it late. I even think he had like 3 drives total when it was a 10 point game but we came out with 3 points on those 3 drives (while stopping rams completely).

Its tough to pay a guy as a top QB and then watch him not take over big games and in fact actually kinda hurt the team in half of them. Especially when the offense in general has completely tanked with him running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I mean I think his QB rating was like 89 and he was horrendous the other night in Seattle. His QB rating of 98 is solid for the season, the vikings being bottom 6th in points per drive is really bad.

It's his situational play and ability to lead an offense that is often times the problem and I can mostly only speak from his time with the vikes on that. I think the Bears/Pats/Seattle games in a general sense he was actually part of the issue. Not just like average QB not living up to all the hype but like missing easy/open options in key situations and so on. In his other two opportunities he didn't really do anything to stand out above the rest even if he wasn't a cause for the losses. Like that Rams game I think he had a chance to tie it late. I even think he had like 3 drives total when it was a 10 point game but we came out with 3 points on those 3 drives (while stopping rams completely).

Its tough to pay a guy as a top QB and then watch him not take over big games and in fact actually kinda hurt the team in half of them. Especially when the offense in general has completely tanked with him running the show.
    Yeah, here's the long and short of it. When I say I don't like Kirk Cousins on here and point out as to why I don't like him no stat that anyone posts is going to make me change my mind. The things I've seen and the numbers that matter to me have made me come to the conclusion that I don't think he's very good, at all. I'm not trying to convince anyone on here that they should feel how I feel about him, if they want to like him and have their reasons for that then they are entitled to that opinion. I'm giving the numbers I give to explain why for me, not to persuade them.

But I also hope that people know that they aren't going to persuade me into thinking he's good (and I hope that isn't their intention). The only person that can change that narrative is Kirk himself, and until that happens I'll continue to believe the vikings made a huge mistake in giving him all that money.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    Yeah, here's the long and short of it. When I say I don't like Kirk Cousins on here and point out as to why I don't like him no stat that anyone posts is going to make me change my mind. The things I've seen and the numbers that matter to me have made me come to the conclusion that I don't think he's very good, at all. I'm not trying to convince anyone on here that they should feel how I feel about him, if they want to like him and have their reasons for that then they are entitled to that opinion. I'm giving the numbers I give to explain why for me, not to persuade them.

But I also hope that people know that they aren't going to persuade me into thinking he's good (and I hope that isn't their intention). The only person that can change that narrative is Kirk himself, and until that happens I'll continue to believe the vikings made a huge mistake in giving him all that money.
    I will say the Kirk Cousins I have seen pretty much fits the negative narrative we heard coming in.

I want to see what a new OC does too though as I believe Kirk is better than what he has shown potentially in a different style offense. Part but not all of his struggles could be related to this OC (especially with the theory teams caught on once they got film of us or thinking about the running game/game manager aspect mentioned).

I think it is possible to build a top 10 offense and make him look close to a top 10 QB in the right system with our talent and an upgraded oline. He has to prove it you are right for sure but I am not sure I am convinced he is anything specific yet, I am still judging and a new OC adds another dynamic.

Flip never played to Kirk's strengths. Kirk is an incredible play action passer and we barely ever went with it. There was an article on NFL.com about how much we called play action last to this year and last year we were in the top 10 and this year we where one of the last one's. We start doing play action more and you will see a very good Kirk Cousins.

Here's the thing....Cousins isn't the type of QB or athlete that can flourish in just any offense. He needs a cleaner pocket and a better running game than he's had to really be successful. If teams can just shut down our run game, he can't play to his strengths, which is being able to utilize play action far more than he's been able to especially in recent weeks.

I know, it's easy to say ANY QB is better with a run game...but run game can take on more meaning than simple hand offs. Flip's offense simply didn't seem to find many creative ways to get the run going and he gave up on it far too quickly; a big reason he's now gone. He apparently didn't watch how the Eagles used Ajayi, Sproles, etc last season- they weren't all straight handoffs.

Better run game also generates cleaner pockets as it keeps defenses more honest and off balance. Kirk may not be as mobile as Case was for us last year, but he's overall a better QB...we're just not going to see that in the offense as it's been run this year so far. Hopefully Stepfanski understands all this....and hopefully our OL can open some holes.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Here's the thing....Cousins isn't the type of QB or athlete that can flourish in just any offense. He needs a cleaner pocket and a better running game than he's had to really be successful. If teams can just shut down our run game, he can't play to his strengths, which is being able to utilize play action far more than he's been able to especially in recent weeks.

I know, it's easy to say ANY QB is better with a run game...but run game can take on more meaning than simple hand offs. Flip's offense simply didn't seem to find many creative ways to get the run going and he gave up on it far too quickly; a big reason he's now gone. He apparently didn't watch how the Eagles used Ajayi, Sproles, etc last season- they weren't all straight handoffs.

Better run game also generates cleaner pockets as it keeps defenses more honest and off balance. Kirk may not be as mobile as Case was for us last year, but he's overall a better QB...we're just not going to see that in the offense as it's been run this year so far. Hopefully Stepfanski understands all this....and hopefully our OL can open some holes.
    If teams shut down our running game or the pocket isnt always clean then im sorry but he needs to be the difference maker then. The more i hear about what he needs it just makes it seem like he wasnt the right qb for this team. Signing him to that contract means sacrifices have to be made somewhere. You cant have a high priced qb AND a great running game AND a stacked ol AND a great defense, you have to make a consession somewhere. There will be games where pressure will happen and the running game wont work, we brought him in to help with those types of games.

He knew the responsibilities and the expectations when he signed the dotted line for a giant payday and if he cant do that he isnt living up to his end of the bargain. He’s had other OC in the past “sean mcvay being one” and didnt succeed enough on the big stage.

Like i said. The only person who’s going to change my mind is kirk. Nothing else will.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516