Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Week 8 GDT: @ MIN (12/3), @ UTA (12/6), @ DAL (12/8)

Wow, we're already on Week 8 here. The Rockets are back to their winning ways with Chris Paul back in the lineup. Though all three games this week are on the road, each seem to be winnable.

12/3: @ Minnesota Timberwolves
    12/6: @ Utah Jazz
    12/8: @ Dallas Mavericks

Houston Rockets (11-11) @ Minnesota Timberwolves (11-12)

Date: Monday, December 3, 2018
    Time: 7:00 PM CST
    Line: HOU -2.0
    ESPN Matchup Predictor: Houston has a 50.1% chance to win

Season Leaders

HOU: James Harden - 30.6 PPG, 44.3 FG%, 82.8 FT%
    DET: Karl-Anthony Towns - 20.6 PPG, 48.7 FG%, 89.4 FT%

Rebounds
    HOU: Clint Capela - 12.0 RPG, 7.0 DRPG, 4.9 ORPG
    DET: Karl-Anthony Towns - 12.0 RPG, 8.8 DRPG, 3.2 ORPG

Assists
    HOU: James Harden - 8.7 APG, 5.8 TO/G
    DET: Jeff Teague - 7.5 APG, 2.4 TO/G

Great first half tonight. Harden with a ridiculous 22 points on 6 FGA. Capela with 16/6 on 8 FGA.

I'd love to see another boring blowout tonight. Three in a row would be a nice start to a potential winning streak...

Another L guys

Smh... Yeah, that was bad they just collapsed. Looks like Trevor Ariza will be available for trade in the next few weeks. Any chance he comes back? Does he solve our problems?

I'll be at the game on Thursday. the fight for the bottom of the West!

Quote Originally Posted by AIMelo=KillaDUO View Post
    Smh... Yeah, that was bad they just collapsed. Looks like Trevor Ariza will be available for trade in the next few weeks. Any chance he comes back? Does he solve our problems?

I'll be at the game on Thursday. the fight for the bottom of the West!
    What’s funny is, the Suns need a PG and Ariza makes about the same as Brandon Knight. Maybe throw in an unused young talent to sweeten the deal like Marquis Chriss?

Heh

It would not surprise me if Morey made a play for Ariza, even if it would be to mostly shut up those who continue to hate on him for letting him go. If they were to bring Trevor back, it would be pretty much the same exact rotation the Rockets had last year. No Mbah a Moute, but he fell out of the rotation in the playoffs anyways.

After signing Danuel House and playing him 20ishbmonutes a game and just when he’s starting to click....... Morey waives him. Depth purposes and it opens that roster spot back up but it took minutes from Gary Clark. Kind of odd. I’m sure there’s a reason; in Morey I trust.

The Rockets signed Gary Clark to a 3-year, $3.7M deal, using a portion of the MLE. The first year is fully guaranteed, the second is half guaranteed and the third year is fully non-guaranteed.

With a two-way roster spot opening up, Houston will bring back House. That's why he was waived this week. He'll have 45 days with the Rockets.

I believe the Rockets can't trade Knight and Chriss back to the Suns for a year after acquiring them, so trading for Ariza is highly unlikely. It would take Gordon to make the deal work.

Yeah, I saw that Clark/House thing. And I figured there was a rule about trading a guy back to the same team.

This team doesn’t care and I have too many other things going to keep caring. I figured Chris Paul would fall off a cliff (no pun intended) but I thought we’d get a few good years at least.

If they keep messing around, they’ll be out of the playoff picture. The West is no joke this year.

I didn't watch 1 second of last night's game. My interest level in the Rockets is about as low as it was during the Steve Francis era, which was rather low. I just need baseball to come back soon to ease the pain.

Just feeling more and more like 2016. Had a great 2015, crashed to the Warriors. Let some key guys go (Josh Smith, pablo) and came out lazy and sucky for fans to watch. We let Trevor go, we might try to grab him if he is waived or trade for him (if Eric Gordon comes out and asks for a trade or Morey decides to cut ties with him since he won't take the extension offered). Then we try to rebuild a chemistry we once had...but the thrill is gone. Maybe they tank for one of the Duke studs, but just doesn't seem rocket-like...at least Les rockets..tillman worries me.

Also the lack of leadership on this team is bothersome too. Paul got paid and is coasting a bit (what is up with his game this year. I know he has some minor injuries, but geese). Harden and Gordon are just too quiet/passive. MDA doesn't like to ruffle feathers. Tucker is the only vocal leader, but he's probably frustrated too. Ariza was that calming presence and had the championship experience.

This whole Morey not valuing the role players and always swinging for the fences is also getting old. He has done some great things, but he is just too cutthroat with the non-stars (Ariza, Lowry...at the time, Lin, Dragic, Asik, Landry, Covington, Ish Smith, etc). His eyes light up for the big shiny nickels, when he has had some dimes.

Outside of Texas, we don't get a to watch a lot of rockets games so i was geeked to see my guys last night. Thought they might come out with fire after the half...quite the opposite. I had to quit watching.

Too much talent to waste. Last year was so cruel how we lost in the WCF, but this year is just mean. I hope they figure it out and can come together.