Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Week 14: New Orleans Saints (10-2) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-7)

Tampa looked great at home against the Panthers, but the Panthers are always bad on the road. That pass rush still concerns me.

Bears lost, so Saints have a shot at a bye. Still feel like the season ends in LA based on current form. The Rams, however, have looked bad, too.

Maybe if the Saints get a bye, Armstead will get better.
    Last edited by iamaj; 12-03-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Rams play at Chicago, Philly, at Arizona, and San Francisco. They likely win all 4. Trubisky is questionable and without him they have no chance. If the Rams loose one and we win all 4 we get home field advantage. The odds are not great.

In contrast we are almost a lock to get the bye week. Chicago plays Rams, Packers, 49ers, and Vikings. No way they win out, especially with a back up QB. Even if they won 3 of 4 we would have to loose 3 of our last 4 to miss the bye week.

I can see us securing our bye week and then start resting some players the last few weeks.

I am never for losing any game in my eyes the Saints need to go on a 7 game winning streak to finish the season.

On a fun stats note....Brees has one less passing yard then Eli, but 50 less attempts. His Yds/A is 8.5 making him the 5th in the league. And some say that he has a week arm lol.

Ingram doesn't have 100 rushing attempts yet this season. He is going to be fresh in the playoffs. AK is averaging 4.6 and Ingram is at 4.8 per rush. Kamara has only 1 rush of 20+ and Ingram 2 which I find interesting given their skillset and O-line. Oh and Taysum is averaging 5.4 per attempt but his are different as they are usually from the QB slot.

Mike has 8 TDs on the season the most he had in a season was his rookie year with 9. Has 9 less receptions from the league leader Thielen even though he has been thrown at 29 fewer times. Watson has 28 receptions this season and last years leading TE Fleener had 22.

Those are just some random offensive stats.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

I think the Saints defense has come together as a unit more so than the earlier weeks of the season.
    I can see them holding the Bucs to less than 28 points more likely than not.

Bucs defense has improved as well and we are on the road. The match up is interesting.

I think it comes down to how Coach Allen uses the secondary and the below.

I said it before the Rams game and I still think its true. The Saints can't let a team establish the run. Its not about how effective the runs are. The negative effect is the time of possession, eating the clock, the subsequent effect on our offensive play counts, and our pass defense ability to readjust from defending the run to defending the pass.

Cowboys stuck with the run, 23 attempts, and it allowed them to do all of the above. Saints offense couldn't score enough to force them to abandon the run either.

I don't expect the Bucs to stick to the run game and that will always benefit the Saints. So if that happens I could see us winning something like a 27- 23 game.

If the Bucs stick to the run and accomplish what I said above, which can be heightened on the road as a negative especially if the Saints offense isn't scoring 30+ points then, I could see us winning a close one like 24-23 on a end of game drive or we could lose a close one like 24-20. It is also highly dependent on how Allen's use of the secondary turns out.

I wouldn't man to man the Bucs I would zone them in the secondary. I don't like our chances in single coverage on any of the Bucs WRs. Plus we don't want Winston running loose to keep drives going with man to man defenders backs turned.
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 12-05-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Man I hope Coach adjusts his approach to covering these Bucs WRs. Isn't it clear by now Lattimore cant guard Evans by himself!!!!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

I can see why Tampa had the top ranked offense.

Need to draft more linemen.

Bad all the way around. Don't know what happened, but they've been bad for the last 5 quarters.

Play calls have been too basic on offense. Need to try something different to inject some life in the offense when its struggling like this.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

We suck.

Schedule sucks. Played the toughest teams, and the hottest teams.

Put a spy on QB

I agree on schedule. But we have to play better and we are almost playing a vanilla offense. SP trying not to put real offense on tape. Lay it all out. Must have home field.

The line had been bad, and Brees is looking old.

Bree’s is seeing ghost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast