Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 75
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,771
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    By the way.

    61/84 (73% Completion Percentage) - 760 Yards - 6 Touchdowns - 1 Interception - 17 Rushes - 88 Yards Rushing in Jameis Winston's last 3 games
    And before that he led the league in interceptions and hadnít even played a full year. Whatís your spin on that?

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    600
    We wont get him but I'd love Josh McDaniels.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    And before that he led the league in interceptions and hadnít even played a full year. Whatís your spin on that?
    My spin on that? How about being afraid that a career backup whose never made the playoffs was threatening to take his job because of coaching decisions. You dont think having it in the back of your mind that you could be replaced because of some bad decisions didnt have a factor? He knows hes starting for the rest of the year now and fighting for next years contract. That's my spin on it pal.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,771
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    My spin on that? How about being afraid that a career backup whose never made the playoffs was threatening to take his job because of coaching decisions. You dont think having it in the back of your mind that you could be replaced because of some bad decisions didnt have a factor? He knows hes starting for the rest of the year now and fighting for next years contract. That's my spin on it pal.
    That would be every player in the NFL at every position. They all have that in the backs of their minds. If he canít overcome what every other NFL player can then he shouldnít be our starting QB and shouldnít be in the NFL so try again pal.

    Hell Iíll go a step further and say that thatís every coach in the NFL as well pal so try again

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    600
    Ya cause our QB situation (the most important position in football if you didn't know?) Is just like every other situation when it comes to decision making. What other of the 31 other teams has a qb that was picked #1 overall and is up for a contract renewal after this year? What other of the 31 other teams has started a different QB this year 4 times in the first 10 games? What other of the 31 other teams has pulled the starter multiple times in multiple games in the first 10 games? You are comparing apples to oranges and generalizing a very simplistic statement that an average football fan with below average football knowledge would say. Which is expected coming from you. This situation is way more deep and unique and clearly above your head.
    Last edited by BucsFan47; 12-03-2018 at 09:35 PM.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    That would be every player in the NFL at every position. They all have that in the backs of their minds. If he canít overcome what every other NFL player can then he shouldnít be our starting QB and shouldnít be in the NFL so try again pal.

    Hell Iíll go a step further and say that thatís every coach in the NFL as well pal so try again
    He is overcoming it. Lol. That was what my post was about you d****. Instead your talking about half a season ago. Aren't you a bucs fan? Shouldn't you be encouraged by the last two weeks or are you one of those losers who thinks Fitz should still be starting? 😂

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    My spin on that? How about being afraid that a career backup whose never made the playoffs was threatening to take his job because of coaching decisions. You dont think having it in the back of your mind that you could be replaced because of some bad decisions didnt have a factor? He knows hes starting for the rest of the year now and fighting for next years contract. That's my spin on it pal.
    So you think competition makes great players fall apart rather than bringing the best out of them? That's an interesting take! I certainly disagree. I think the exact opposite is true. Jameis continued to make the same mistakes over and over again because he felt like the job was his and nothing could change that.

    Once he realized that he was not untouchable, he finally elevated his game, and for the first time in his career, he is putting a strong emphasis on protecting the ball. The benching was a good thing and it worked. You and Bwall can continue to tell yourself that Jameis would have played this way all along and that his previous poor play was just a coincidence, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion,but everybody else knows better!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    He is overcoming it. Lol. That was what my post was about you d****. Instead your talking about half a season ago. Aren't you a bucs fan? Shouldn't you be encouraged by the last two weeks or are you one of those losers who thinks Fitz should still be starting? 😂
    You are literally the only person who cannot move past it. Every week you come in here insulting people and complaining about Fitzpatrick. It's very weird and confusing. Can you please just stop?

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    You are literally the only person who cannot move past it. Every week you come in here insulting people and complaining about Fitzpatrick. It's very weird and confusing. Can you please just stop?
    If you took offence to this then you must still think Fitz should be starting?

    Because if you read things properly, unlike 5surretts then you would see that I posted Jameis stats from the past 2 weeks showing my encouragement for him and our team. He somehow chirped me for being encouraged by the stats and Jameis helping us win 2 games in a row, completely contradicting everything he set out to achieve.

    I'm not sure what you are asking me to stop? I posted some stats and someone was triggered by that? Bunch of babies in this forum. Boo ****ing who.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    So you think competition makes great players fall apart rather than bringing the best out of them? That's an interesting take! I certainly disagree. I think the exact opposite is true. Jameis continued to make the same mistakes over and over again because he felt like the job was his and nothing could change that.

    Once he realized that he was not untouchable, he finally elevated his game, and for the first time in his career, he is putting a strong emphasis on protecting the ball. The benching was a good thing and it worked. You and Bwall can continue to tell yourself that Jameis would have played this way all along and that his previous poor play was just a coincidence, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion,but everybody else knows better!

    Actually you're wrong. He knew he was untouchable when after his 3 game suspension he wasn't starting right away and was actually the back up to the career backup. He was then put in after the career backup started playing like his normal self and then subsequently pulled after having 1 tough game on the road. As I had mentioned just prior to this, if you read...

    "What other of the 31 other teams has a qb that was picked #1 overall and is up for a contract renewal after this year? What other of the 31 other teams has started a different QB this year 4 times in the first 10 games? What other of the 31 other teams has pulled the starter multiple times in multiple games in the first 10 games?"

    How can you have any consistency when you know at any moment you could be pulled? Because not one of the other 31 franchises has done this with their QBs this year, as I had mentioned before, if you read...

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    524
    I know I may get crucified for this post but what the hell

    Teams Competing for 6th seed in the NFC:

    6. Vikings(6-5-1) - @Seahawks, Dolphins, @Lions, Bears
    7. Panthers(6-6) -@Browns, Saints, Falcons, @Saints
    8. Eagles(6-6) - @Cowboys, @Rams, Texans, @Redskins
    9. Redskins(6-6) - Giants, @Jaguars, @Titans, Eagles
    10. Bucs(5-7) - Saints, @Ravens, @Cowboys, Falcons

    If we can win out we have a chance at making the playoffs. All the teams ahead of us have rough stretches ahead. Vikings could lose to both the Seahawks and Bears. Panthers are in jeopardy with losing Olsen and playing the Saints twice + underrated Browns team. Eagles have the worst schedule left with both the Texans and Rams. Redskins are finished with having to start their 3rd string QB Sanchez and 2 divisional games left.

    We maybe able to squeeze into the playoffs as the 6th seed if we win out.

    Hope for the best!

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    Actually you're wrong. He knew he was untouchable when after his 3 game suspension he wasn't starting right away and was actually the back up to the career backup. He was then put in after the career backup started playing like his normal self and then subsequently pulled after having 1 tough game on the road. As I had mentioned just prior to this, if you read...

    "What other of the 31 other teams has a qb that was picked #1 overall and is up for a contract renewal after this year? What other of the 31 other teams has started a different QB this year 4 times in the first 10 games? What other of the 31 other teams has pulled the starter multiple times in multiple games in the first 10 games?"

    How can you have any consistency when you know at any moment you could be pulled? Because not one of the other 31 franchises has done this with their QBs this year, as I had mentioned before, if you read...
    So much of this is completely irrelevant. It's nobody's fault that Fitz had to start the season except for Jameis. Also, we all knew that Jameis would go back in late in the season, once our playoff hopes seemed out of reach. Jameis got pulled for Fitz one time, mid-season. That was the only un-scheduled change at the QB position that we had. What does that fact that he was #1 overall have to do with anything? Obvious;y you don't watch much football because QB's get pulled all the time.

    Jameis was okay against Atlanta, okay against Cleveland, and absolutely awful against Cincy. Fitz was insanely good against NO and Philly, cam back extremely strong against Pitt and had one really bad game against Chicago (who has the best D in the NFL) By the way, Winston did not look much better when he came in that game.

    That is the info that coaching had going into a week where they still had playoff hope and they had to make a choice of who to put in. They chose the guy who was playing better and who the players were obviously responding more too. subsequently this motivated Jameis to start taking care of the football better. So it all worked out. What will it take for you to move on?????

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    So much of this is completely irrelevant. It's nobody's fault that Fitz had to start the season except for Jameis. Also, we all knew that Jameis would go back in late in the season, once our playoff hopes seemed out of reach. Jameis got pulled for Fitz one time, mid-season. That was the only un-scheduled change at the QB position that we had. What does that fact that he was #1 overall have to do with anything? Obvious;y you don't watch much football because QB's get pulled all the time.

    Jameis was okay against Atlanta, okay against Cleveland, and absolutely awful against Cincy. Fitz was insanely good against NO and Philly, cam back extremely strong against Pitt and had one really bad game against Chicago (who has the best D in the NFL) By the way, Winston did not look much better when he came in that game.

    That is the info that coaching had going into a week where they still had playoff hope and they had to make a choice of who to put in. They chose the guy who was playing better and who the players were obviously responding more too. subsequently this motivated Jameis to start taking care of the football better. So it all worked out. What will it take for you to move on?????
    It's really sad you're still defending Fitzpatrick when all you can say is can we move on? It's actually pathetic and it's you who cant get over the fact that Fitzpatrick has and always will be what he is, a 2nd or 3rd string qb in the NFL.

    All I said was Jameis Winston's STATS the last 2 weeks. Loving how our team has played and extremely happy with him taking care of the ball. And all anyone can say is well what's your spin on why he turned the ball over half a season ago. I'm not talking about half a season ago. I specifically said the last 2 weeks. You guys got your panties in a bunch for christ sakes. Can you guys get over it and look at what I said, the last two weeks and moving forward?

    Thanks!

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
    I know I may get crucified for this post but what the hell

    Teams Competing for 6th seed in the NFC:

    6. Vikings(6-5-1) - @Seahawks, Dolphins, @Lions, Bears
    7. Panthers(6-6) -@Browns, Saints, Falcons, @Saints
    8. Eagles(6-6) - @Cowboys, @Rams, Texans, @Redskins
    9. Redskins(6-6) - Giants, @Jaguars, @Titans, Eagles
    10. Bucs(5-7) - Saints, @Ravens, @Cowboys, Falcons

    If we can win out we have a chance at making the playoffs. All the teams ahead of us have rough stretches ahead. Vikings could lose to both the Seahawks and Bears. Panthers are in jeopardy with losing Olsen and playing the Saints twice + underrated Browns team. Eagles have the worst schedule left with both the Texans and Rams. Redskins are finished with having to start their 3rd string QB Sanchez and 2 divisional games left.

    We maybe able to squeeze into the playoffs as the 6th seed if we win out.

    Hope for the best!
    Hey its what being a fan is all about, I've thought about it not gonna lie. We just need to take care of our business and hope for the best. It all starts Sunday and it's going to be tough no doubt the saints are salivating to redeem the cowboys loss. Hopefully Grimes and Dotson can at least get back out there. A resemblance of a run game would go a long way.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,771
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    He is overcoming it. Lol. That was what my post was about you d****. Instead your talking about half a season ago. Aren't you a bucs fan? Shouldn't you be encouraged by the last two weeks or are you one of those losers who thinks Fitz should still be starting? 😂
    I know my small brain canít comprehend the extensive knowledge youíre dropping, and I also know that youíre so much smarter than I am and obviously I must be an idiot. But even I know which ďyouíreĒ to use in general conversation. Since you want to make this personal and attack me how about I attack back! Would you like that? No you wouldnít do please donít attack me.

    I was stating that what you claimed to be an issue with Winston is what every other player in the league deals with and if he canít handle it then he shouldnít be the starter.
    You also said name a team thatís had a different starter this year, how about the Redskins whoís on their 3rd starting QB this year. It happens and Winston getting benched was the right call.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •