Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 75
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,771
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    The guy with 3 INTs today, a backup S who played for NYG previously.

    47 liked Hunt a ton, I looked, I liked him as did others. Crazy stuff.

    Now serious question Newton has had as bad a game today as Jameis had vs Cincy. Should Newton be benched and his future with team questioned?
    The difference is, Newton has actually led his team to the playoffs, Winston hasn’t. Winston has a history of making bad decisions and not correcting them, Newton hasn’t. The benching by Winston had to happen and since then his play has improved. You may not want to admit it but benching Winston was the correct call.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Winston had thrown for 400 yards, 4 TD vs ATL and beat Cleveland. Panthers have lost 3 straight.

    The right call then is the right call now, trust your franchise QB and everyone has bad games.
    If you cannot see the difference in Winstons game as as result of the benching, then I really can't say anything that is going to resonate. We will have to just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,024
    This is Winston's first win of the Season against a good opponent, which is a very promising sign. The defense also looked great today.

    Great win!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,689
    I forgot they decided to start Fitzpatrick to better Jameis Winston.

    If we hadn't lost to the Redskins and Giants we would be fighting for a playoff spot.

    I said all along Winston is a pro and would bounce back, the first opportunity he had he did that. Nobody can say what would've happened if Jameis played against Washington or how it would've affected his current play.

    The end take away is Winston is playing great, winning games and is well on his way to showing his time in Tampa is nowhere near done. If he can get us 7-9 wins, I could see a long term extension this offseasons at a team friendly number
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    I forgot they decided to start Fitzpatrick to better Jameis Winston.

    If we hadn't lost to the Redskins and Giants we would be fighting for a playoff spot.

    I said all along Winston is a pro and would bounce back, the first opportunity he had he did that. Nobody can say what would've happened if Jameis played against Washington or how it would've affected his current play.

    The end take away is Winston is playing great, winning games and is well on his way to showing his time in Tampa is nowhere near done. If he can get us 7-9 wins, I could see a long term extension this offseasons at a team friendly number
    You are honestly the most biased person I have ever heard. Again, it's just not worth arguing because you will not admit you're wrong no matter what.

    It's easy to say we would have beat NY and Wash just like it's easy to say we would have beat Cincinnati, had Fitz come in just one interception earlier. I noticed you conveniently leave that part out.

    It really doesn't matter. The result is the same at this point. Whether Winston is playing well because the benching woke him up or because he had it in him all along, he's playing well right now and that's what matters

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Posts
    1,199
    Okay but serious question if we win out at end up 9-7 and somehow sneak into a wildcard spot, does Koetter and Lycht keep there jobs?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhouse94 View Post
    Okay but serious question if we win out at end up 9-7 and somehow sneak into a wildcard spot, does Koetter and Lycht keep there jobs?
    Honestly I think they stay if we end up with7+ wins.

    If it wasn’t for the suspension from Winston’s mistakes, none of the up and down would have happened to begin with. Not sure if he would have won the same games or lost more, but he was “hot” in preseason to then be on ice for all those weeks. Def was aweful eathier way, so doubt it would have changed much, but at least it be less pressure looking at the coaches then the back and forth of QB

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    856
    Not saying they should or shouldn’t stay. Just saying I believe they keep their jobs if they win 2 more. Especially if we win against the saints again.

    They had no say in Winston’s suspension or how he looked once he came back. Hard to say if things would have been worse or better if he was here the full season with no break

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,024
    I would say they would probably have to win 3 out of the last 4. I doubt 2 out of 4 will be enough.

    -3 out of next 4 wins
    -Consistent good play from Jameis
    - Continued growth from the defense

    Then maybe Koetter saves his job, but at this point, I would give him maybe a 15-20% chance

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,689
    Koetter should be fired regardless. He is not the reason the players have stepped up. Their pride is the reason.

    If the Glazers are dumb enough to keep an overmatched coach who cant even get to the playoffs and was flailing for half the season we have some huge "Cleveland-esque" problems.

    I expect ownership will be wanting a Mike McCarthy type coach and are done with Koetter. Licht may be able to save his job, not Dirk.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    600
    It's not gonna be how many games we win that will determine whether or not Koetter saves his job. It's gonna be if we make the playoffs or not. If we win 2 or 3 games and don't make the playoffs then he will be gone. Why would it matter if Koetter gets us to 8-8 as opposed to 7-9? Because he got us to 500 he saves his job?

    Playoffs or gone.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    600
    By the way.

    61/84 (73% Completion Percentage) - 760 Yards - 6 Touchdowns - 1 Interception - 17 Rushes - 88 Yards Rushing in Jameis Winston's last 3 games

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Koetter should be fired regardless. He is not the reason the players have stepped up. Their pride is the reason.

    If the Glazers are dumb enough to keep an overmatched coach who cant even get to the playoffs and was flailing for half the season we have some huge "Cleveland-esque" problems.

    I expect ownership will be wanting a Mike McCarthy type coach and are done with Koetter. Licht may be able to save his job, not Dirk.
    Hiring M. McCarthey would be a HUGE mistake. He is not a good coach at all. A decade of underachieving with Aaron Rodgers is not a good look. They have been considered Super Bowl contenders every year and have only sniffed the SB once. Just like John Fox, his value is inflated because he has one of the best QB's of all time.

    I really like Dirk Koetter. I have always rooted for him and I would love to see him have success. I like him better then both Lovie and Schiano, but he has underachieved as a HC. I do agree that it could be time for a change, but if he wins out, I can understand the argument to keep him.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,024
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    It's not gonna be how many games we win that will determine whether or not Koetter saves his job. It's gonna be if we make the playoffs or not. If we win 2 or 3 games and don't make the playoffs then he will be gone. Why would it matter if Koetter gets us to 8-8 as opposed to 7-9? Because he got us to 500 he saves his job?

    Playoffs or gone.
    I'm not suggesting that it has anything to do with the overall win/loss record. I'm suggesting that if he wins 5 of his last 6 games, it could save his job. It's just so happens that it would leave us at 8-8.

    You could very well be correct. It could be playoffs or bust, but I would suggest that the minimum he can do to potentially save his job is going 8-8

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,771
    He’s already matched his win total from last year and has a “quality” win against Carolina. The defense is far and above where we were just earlier in the season and they’re doing it with less talent. Dirk could possibly buy himself more time if we can beat the Saints (our defense since the change had kept opponents to 18 points per game at home). If Koetter does end up staying then I see Warhop being gone. He’s our O-Line coach and run game coordinator and both are struggling big time this year. I mean Winston was our leading rusher yesterday and that only happened cause he was running for his life.
    If we do make a change and I stress if, then I agree that we shouldn’t go after McCarthy during the off-season. He doesn’t know how to evaluate players or draft players. He’s also underperformed as a HC and I don’t think we should look his direction.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •