Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576
Results 1,126 to 1,132 of 1132
    Quote Originally Posted by lambofgode3x View Post
    This is all what could have happened. Sure, if he was playing like 2 years ago Wayne he gets a first. But I'm talking about right now and what's currently happening. You can throw out stuff about what numbers may look like but the counter argument could be easily made that if he was Wayne of old, he'd still be potting the garbage goals out front even if G or V weren't scoring. He's not. Watch him. Those cross crease passes in close that he used to make to V for the easy goal, he can't really make anymore. He's slowed down and it's obvious.

Edit...and maybe the save percentage would be higher while he was on the ice if he wasn't kinda slow and kinda bad at defense.
    I get what you are saying here, however considering the typical inflated cost for rentals at the deadline, I would be extremely upset with fletcher if he couldnt find away to add a late first for simmer.

Maybe it takes adding someone else to the deal, a bottom six forward, 3rd pair dman or an insurance goalie. Middling prospect? Frankly I dont care. But the dude needs to add a first, or the equivalent via selling Simmonds.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    I get what you are saying here, however considering the typical inflated cost for rentals at the deadline, I would be extremely upset with fletcher if he couldnt find away to add a late first for simmer.

Maybe it takes adding someone else to the deal, a bottom six forward, 3rd pair dman or an insurance goalie. Middling prospect? Frankly I dont care. But the dude needs to add a first, or the equivalent via selling Simmonds.
    Yeah if we add a bit we definitely could get the 1st. All I'm trying to say is that with his current struggles, I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't happen. There are also the market setting trades that happen pre deadline, so if one team undersells a comparable asset it sets the market and may negatively impact our return as well. But again, totally want a 1st for him...but I'd settle for a 2nd this year and a decent prospect if that was the BEST offer.

Yeah if we add a bit we definitely could get the 1st. All I'm trying to say is that with his current struggles, I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't happen. There are also the market setting trades that happen pre deadline, so if one team undersells a comparable asset it sets the market and may negatively impact our return as well. But again, totally want a 1st for him...but I'd settle for a 2nd this year and a decent prospect if that was the BEST offer.
    The beauty of this conversation is that we should have a definitive answer on his value fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    The beauty of this conversation is that we should have a definitive answer on his value fairly soon.
    Right you are. I hope I'm wrong, I really do cuz we need top prospects, not 15 picks in rounds 3-5 (exaggerating to make a point).

I see the Flyers claimed McKenna on waivers. Anyone think Hart is going back down to the minors?

Edit: Nevermind, just read this in a different article about it:

The Philadelphia claim appears to be in relation to an injury to Michal Neuvirth, who played on Thursday night and seemed fine post-game, but was not present at Flyers practice on Friday.

Link: https://vancouversun.com/sports/hock...9-50c1d6e684ba
    Last edited by lambofgode3x; 01-04-2019 at 03:28 PM.

I see the Flyers claimed McKenna on waivers. Anyone think Hart is going back down to the minors?

Edit: Nevermind, just read this in a different article about it:

The Philadelphia claim appears to be in relation to an injury to Michal Neuvirth, who played on Thursday night and seemed fine post-game, but was not present at Flyers practice on Friday.

Link: https://vancouversun.com/sports/hock...9-50c1d6e684ba
    Great. Guess we won't even be able to trade him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Great. Guess we won't even be able to trade him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Guess not. I figured they were playing him to showcase him for a trade. Guess it wasn't in the cards.

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576