Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Agreed. Iím also fine with resigning gudas to a 3 year deal and expose him at that time. There are other options too. Right?
    Well, kinda? Theres 2 options. Either protect 8 skaters. Or 7 fwds and 3 dmen. If Myers isnt exempt, which under the last draft he wouldnt have been, they'd need to protect 8 skaters.

As of now (which will likely change)
    7 Fwds
    1. G
    2. couts
    3. Tk
    4. Patrick
    5. Jake
    6. Oskar
    7. JVR
    Dmen
    1. Provy
    2. Ghost
    3. Sanheim

Under the skaters however
    1. G
    2. Couts
    3. TK
    4. Patrick
    5. Provy
    6. Ghost
    7. Sanheim
    8. Myers

This is currently the best play for the flyers imo. Unless we find out Myers is exempt.

In addition the flyers must have 1 forward, 1 dmen and a goalie under contract for the following season, that also meets the games played requirements left exposed.

As of now they dont have very many guys signed far enough out to get an idea of what this will look like.

All I know for certain is that the flyers are going to lose a good player this time, or good assets. They are NOT as weak as they were last time around.

I also know some people think fletcher butchered the Vegas expansion. Personally I think he made a shrewd move to protect his more valuable long term assets.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Well, kinda? Theres 2 options. Either protect 8 skaters. Or 7 fwds and 3 dmen. If Myers isnt exempt, which under the last draft he wouldnt have been, they'd need to protect 8 skaters.

As of now (which will likely change)
    7 Fwds
    1. G
    2. couts
    3. Tk
    4. Patrick
    5. Jake
    6. Oskar
    7. JVR
    Dmen
    1. Provy
    2. Ghost
    3. Sanheim

Under the skaters however
    1. G
    2. Couts
    3. TK
    4. Patrick
    5. Provy
    6. Ghost
    7. Sanheim
    8. Myers

This is currently the best play for the flyers imo. Unless we find out Myers is exempt.
    If Myers is exempt, we have to leave him down this year to protect him, while also protecting more of our forwards.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    If Myers is exempt, we have to leave him down this year to protect him, while also protecting more of our forwards.
    Exactly. So it all comes down to how the rules are actually written this time. Last time AHL AND NHL experience were treated equally.

However this time the word professional, is replaced by the acronym NHL on the NHL.com rule section. Implying its NHL experience.

Nobody has written an article that I've been able to find addressing this. Idk if it's a typo or a legit tweak in the rules. If it's an actual tweak in the rules, we can all bow down to hextall for making sure the flyers were in the best possible position for this. Leaving frost and Myers out of the lineup this season would possibly keep them exempt come expansion. Good forward thinking there.

Exactly. So it all comes down to how the rules are actually written this time. Last time AHL AND NHL experience were treated equally.

However this time the word professional, is replaced by the acronym NHL on the NHL.com rule section. Implying its NHL experience.

Nobody has written an article that I've been able to find addressing this. Idk if it's a typo or a legit tweak in the rules. If it's an actual tweak in the rules, we can all bow down to hextall for making sure the flyers were in the best possible position for this. Leaving frost and Myers out of the lineup this season would possibly keep them exempt come expansion. Good forward thinking there.
    My guess is that the definition will be for an NHL contract. If it counts towards the NHL contract count, it will count for claiming purposes, would be my guess. That's 100% pure speculation though.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

if myers plays the next 2 years he still hast to be protected, no matter if he gets called up this year right?

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    if myers plays the next 2 years he still hast to be protected, no matter if he gets called up this year right?
    That's the other question I have. The rule says players with 2 years or more NHL experience will NOT be exempt.

I'm not sure if that is including 2020/2021 season or not. I'd have to see who was excluded last time around to know for sure.

Perhaps if amac didnít slide like a buffoon ... stoli could see. Perhaps

Good to see Patrick is only good at CF% and not scoring ... sigh

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Good to see Patrick is only good at CF% and not scoring ... sigh
    You're irritated by patrick too then eh?

I've been getting steadily more irritated by Jake. Which is hard because I've been a huge jake guy forever.

I've been getting steadily more irritated by Jake. Which is hard because I've been a huge jake guy forever.
    Anyone on the 2nd or 3rd line can feel free to chip in and do their part. Provorov can also play like he is capable. It would be great haha

i love jake too but i think he needs to be with patrick or G/couts. I still think tk would be good for tk. He needs a more dynamic player with him. Voracek and the top line will be fine.

unleash the one they call SANHEIM.

this would be a fun lineup:

G-Couts-Frost
    TK-Patrick-Voracek

or

G-Couts-Voracek
    jvr-Patrick-TK

or

JVR-Couts-Voracek
    G-Patrick-TK

Sanheim just had better moves than everyone not named Giroux and Konecny on that play

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast