Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 273
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Agreed. Iím also fine with resigning gudas to a 3 year deal and expose him at that time. There are other options too. Right?
    Well, kinda? Theres 2 options. Either protect 8 skaters. Or 7 fwds and 3 dmen. If Myers isnt exempt, which under the last draft he wouldnt have been, they'd need to protect 8 skaters.

    As of now (which will likely change)
    7 Fwds
    1. G
    2. couts
    3. Tk
    4. Patrick
    5. Jake
    6. Oskar
    7. JVR
    Dmen
    1. Provy
    2. Ghost
    3. Sanheim

    Under the skaters however
    1. G
    2. Couts
    3. TK
    4. Patrick
    5. Provy
    6. Ghost
    7. Sanheim
    8. Myers

    This is currently the best play for the flyers imo. Unless we find out Myers is exempt.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,806
    In addition the flyers must have 1 forward, 1 dmen and a goalie under contract for the following season, that also meets the games played requirements left exposed.

    As of now they dont have very many guys signed far enough out to get an idea of what this will look like.


    All I know for certain is that the flyers are going to lose a good player this time, or good assets. They are NOT as weak as they were last time around.

    I also know some people think fletcher butchered the Vegas expansion. Personally I think he made a shrewd move to protect his more valuable long term assets.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Well, kinda? Theres 2 options. Either protect 8 skaters. Or 7 fwds and 3 dmen. If Myers isnt exempt, which under the last draft he wouldnt have been, they'd need to protect 8 skaters.

    As of now (which will likely change)
    7 Fwds
    1. G
    2. couts
    3. Tk
    4. Patrick
    5. Jake
    6. Oskar
    7. JVR
    Dmen
    1. Provy
    2. Ghost
    3. Sanheim

    Under the skaters however
    1. G
    2. Couts
    3. TK
    4. Patrick
    5. Provy
    6. Ghost
    7. Sanheim
    8. Myers

    This is currently the best play for the flyers imo. Unless we find out Myers is exempt.
    If Myers is exempt, we have to leave him down this year to protect him, while also protecting more of our forwards.
    <Meaning and Content>

    ...And did you see that Giroux goal?

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    If Myers is exempt, we have to leave him down this year to protect him, while also protecting more of our forwards.
    Exactly. So it all comes down to how the rules are actually written this time. Last time AHL AND NHL experience were treated equally.

    However this time the word professional, is replaced by the acronym NHL on the NHL.com rule section. Implying its NHL experience.

    Nobody has written an article that I've been able to find addressing this. Idk if it's a typo or a legit tweak in the rules. If it's an actual tweak in the rules, we can all bow down to hextall for making sure the flyers were in the best possible position for this. Leaving frost and Myers out of the lineup this season would possibly keep them exempt come expansion. Good forward thinking there.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    4,521
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Exactly. So it all comes down to how the rules are actually written this time. Last time AHL AND NHL experience were treated equally.

    However this time the word professional, is replaced by the acronym NHL on the NHL.com rule section. Implying its NHL experience.

    Nobody has written an article that I've been able to find addressing this. Idk if it's a typo or a legit tweak in the rules. If it's an actual tweak in the rules, we can all bow down to hextall for making sure the flyers were in the best possible position for this. Leaving frost and Myers out of the lineup this season would possibly keep them exempt come expansion. Good forward thinking there.
    My guess is that the definition will be for an NHL contract. If it counts towards the NHL contract count, it will count for claiming purposes, would be my guess. That's 100% pure speculation though.
    <Meaning and Content>

    ...And did you see that Giroux goal?

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,713
    if myers plays the next 2 years he still hast to be protected, no matter if he gets called up this year right?

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    if myers plays the next 2 years he still hast to be protected, no matter if he gets called up this year right?
    That's the other question I have. The rule says players with 2 years or more NHL experience will NOT be exempt.


    I'm not sure if that is including 2020/2021 season or not. I'd have to see who was excluded last time around to know for sure.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,261
    Perhaps if amac didnít slide like a buffoon ... stoli could see. Perhaps

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,261
    Good to see Patrick is only good at CF% and not scoring ... sigh

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,806
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Good to see Patrick is only good at CF% and not scoring ... sigh
    You're irritated by patrick too then eh?

    I've been getting steadily more irritated by Jake. Which is hard because I've been a huge jake guy forever.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,261
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    You're irritated by patrick too then eh?

    I've been getting steadily more irritated by Jake. Which is hard because I've been a huge jake guy forever.
    Anyone on the 2nd or 3rd line can feel free to chip in and do their part. Provorov can also play like he is capable. It would be great haha

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,713
    Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    You're irritated by patrick too then eh?

    I've been getting steadily more irritated by Jake. Which is hard because I've been a huge jake guy forever.
    i love jake too but i think he needs to be with patrick or G/couts. I still think tk would be good for tk. He needs a more dynamic player with him. Voracek and the top line will be fine.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,713
    unleash the one they call SANHEIM.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,713
    this would be a fun lineup:

    G-Couts-Frost
    TK-Patrick-Voracek

    or

    G-Couts-Voracek
    jvr-Patrick-TK

    or

    JVR-Couts-Voracek
    G-Patrick-TK

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,261
    Sanheim just had better moves than everyone not named Giroux and Konecny on that play

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •