Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Yah. Move sanheim to wing. Full beast mode

(Obviously kidding)

Unleash sanheimmmm damnit yesss

Theres the sanheim we've been waiting for.

Side note. That pass from jake reminds you what it is that makes him special

i want sanheim on the 2nd pp over provorov until provy deserves it back. Let provorov focus on other aspects of the game we really need help on

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    i want sanheim on the 2nd pp over provorov until provy deserves it back. Let provorov focus on other aspects of the game we really need help on
    Sanheim is a more natural pp presence than provy.

one of our biggest strengths last year was out defensive scoring. We need more of that

If Ottawa offers me chabot for provorov, I知 listening.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Don't let recency bias cloud it. Thomas Chabot is having a great year. He's also got a sub 50% CF%, and Provorov had a significantly better age 20 season and is on year 3. I know Provorov's season hasn't been phenomenal by any stretch, but we're also talking a 30 game stretch here. Provy's been the better defensemen for much longer than that.

At this point, I'm riding with Ivan Provorov over Thomas Chabot.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

no way. Porovorov is a doughty. Chabot isnt on that level. To me, chabot is like a weresnki.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Don't let recency bias cloud it. Thomas Chabot is having a great year. He's also got a sub 50% CF%, and Provorov had a significantly better age 20 season and is on year 3. I know Provorov's season hasn't been phenomenal by any stretch, but we're also talking a 30 game stretch here. Provy's been the better defensemen for much longer than that.

exactly. At this point and every point in the future...provorov>chabot, mcavoy, werenski, whoever else you wanna put in there.

I said I知 listening, not I知 doing it. But provorov has certainly become touchable. With nothing really 努rong or injured - 30 games at this level is starting to be alarming. I知 still not convinced it is not an injury, but his level of play is just not there ... and when his hockey IQ falters, you notice he isn稚 as fast, tall, or has anything else very exceptional about him ... his IQ and passing/stick are his best traits ... they look confused with each other.
    Last edited by castan_b; 12-06-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    no way. Porovorov is a doughty. Chabot isnt on that level. To me, chabot is like a weresnki.
    He has been playing well below expectations.

For that matter, so has ghost

I said I知 listening, not I知 doing it. But provorov has certainly become touchable. With nothing really 努rong or injured - 30 games at this level is starting to be alarming. I知 still not convinced it is not an injury, but his level of play is just not there ... and when his hockey IQ falters, you notice he isn稚 as fast, tall, or has anything else very exceptional about him ... his IQ and passing/stick are his best traits ... they look confused with each other.
    26 games games shouldn't be alarming. It's...26 games. It represents 14% of his career games played.

When it gets to the point where we have a coaching change, a system change, and it's more time...we can talk alarming. At this point, I'm just shrugging it off as either an injury, a bad stretch, or just a bump in the road. 21 year old defensemen don't just...randomly fall off after having 2 really great years. This isn't a Luke Schenn who had a single good year but was a one-note pony. Provorov has shown offensive and defensive acumen in the past.

I think you're letting recency bias and this season really let you get to a place where you're far too worried about where he's at right now. Sure, it's like, the worst 30 game stretch he's had or whatever, it it is what it is. He's "touchable", but he's always been that. No player should be "untouchable", IMO. But I wouldn't adjust his trade value really, to any degree, right now. If you'd have "listened" in August to Thomas Chabot, than you should still today. If you wouldn't have, you still shouldn't.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

26 games games shouldn't be alarming. It's...26 games. It represents 14% of his career games played.

When it gets to the point where we have a coaching change, a system change, and it's more time...we can talk alarming. At this point, I'm just shrugging it off as either an injury, a bad stretch, or just a bump in the road. 21 year old defensemen don't just...randomly fall off after having 2 really great years. This isn't a Luke Schenn who had a single good year but was a one-note pony. Provorov has shown offensive and defensive acumen in the past.

I think you're letting recency bias and this season really let you get to a place where you're far too worried about where he's at right now. Sure, it's like, the worst 30 game stretch he's had or whatever, it it is what it is. He's "touchable", but he's always been that. No player should be "untouchable", IMO. But I wouldn't adjust his trade value really, to any degree, right now. If you'd have "listened" in August to Thomas Chabot, than you should still today. If you wouldn't have, you still shouldn't.
    Yes, recently, provorov has shown he is not continuing his development curve. It isn稚 a bias, it is fact. All of his advanced metrics are way down and so is his production. It is concerning. I壇 like someone on this team to be consistent on the backend ... it was supposed to be provorov. It still is him ... but if this lasts all season, it will leave us with a lot of questions.

Yes, recently, provorov has shown he is not continuing his development curve. It isn稚 a bias, it is fact. All of his advanced metrics are way down and so is his production. It is concerning. I壇 like someone on this team to be consistent on the backend ... it was supposed to be provorov. It still is him ... but if this lasts all season, it will leave us with a lot of questions.
    I mean, I don't think 26 games says anything about his development curve. Development does not follow some linear path all the time. It's up. It's down.

If it lasts all year, I'm still not changing my overall opinion on him. Give him a real NHL coach with a real system. Get the PK sorted out. Let him heal up. There's plenty of fixes for Provy that don't necessarily mean his development curve is jacked up.

And again...it's 26 games. It's barely over 10% of his current NHL career. I'm just not worried or going to panic. It would be very silly of anyone to really change their overall opinion of the guy in this fairly lost season on the whole. Plenty of players are having bad years right now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast