Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Also: I don't understand why more teams don't make trades with other teams vs. dealing only with the expansion draft. No reason to ship a 1st rounder out to VGK when you could easily deal a quality player to a team like AZ with open protection slots.
    VGK made out like bandits in some of those deals.

FLA traded reilly smith (60 points in 67 games last year) to get VGK to take jonthan marchessault (75 points in 77 games). that's insane.

CLB traded a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick in exchange for dumping david clarkson's salary and getting VGK to take william karlsson (78 points in 82 games).

MIN gave up haula (55 points in 76 games) and tuch (20 points in 21 games this season).

i think the only team that unequivocally benefitted from making a trade with VGK at the expansion draft was PIT, and that's only because they found a way to get rid of MAF.

So it's not the same wording on NHL.com for Vegas' rule set. And Seattle's

For 2017 the Vegas rules include this bullet:

* All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

For 2021 Seattle's rules includes this:

* All first- and second-year NHL players, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward protection limits.

Anyone notice the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    So it's not the same wording on NHL.com for Vegas' rule set. And Seattle's

For 2017 the Vegas rules include this bullet:

* All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits).

For 2021 Seattle's rules includes this:

* All first- and second-year NHL players, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward protection limits.

Anyone notice the difference?
    All those prospects that Hexy stashed in the minors will be exempt.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Couturier will be 29 when Patty is 23 ... so maybe? I think Patty needs to be 1C by that time or we need to draft a 1C

I want a Matthews. I miss having a player like that. We haven’t had one since lindros ... 20 years ago
    how often can that happen though haha. I want another dynamic wing. Keller type player and a pastrnak type player. We haven't had that in years as well.
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 12-05-2018 at 05:46 PM.

damn. myers, vorobyev, friedman, rubstov all can be taken by the expansion team. I think this team can have more options than vegas

Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    All those prospects that Hexy stashed in the minors will be exempt.
    Yup.

I take it back. Don't you dare bring up Myers this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Yup.

I take it back. Don't you dare bring up Myers this year.
    When it says two years, does that mean two years completed makes them eligible? Or they need more than two years?

We still have, this season(18-19), next season(19-20), and the following(20-21). Idk how much waiting till next year will actually help the flyers with Myers.

how often can that happen though haha. I want another dynamic wing. Keller type player and a pastrnak type player. We haven't had that in years as well.
    frost is the guy you're waiting for. he has been, essentially, the same player that claude giroux was at the same age. same size; same speed; same skill; same production; same effort level; same chip on the shoulder from being snubbed by team canada.

forget about developing frost as a center. get him in space on his off-wing and let him go wild.

PEM - whereever you are ... no BSH article and no weigh in here ... cmonnnn

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    frost is the guy you're waiting for. he has been, essentially, the same player that claude giroux was at the same age. same size; same speed; same skill; same production; same effort level; same chip on the shoulder from being snubbed by team canada.

forget about developing frost as a center. get him in space on his off-wing and let him go wild.
    ya im stoked to see him. I agree, let him go off on the wing. We just need a reliable 3C. Someone who can fill a good void and be on the pk as well

“There are not many deals where you’re putting your best prospects in the deal. Those are big deals and getting top, top talent back. If people want to throw those deals at me, great. But we’re not looking to trade our top kids, but I’m looking forward to the conversations.”
    “I felt we built a pretty good analytics department in Minnesota that we were using more and more"
    “I can’t remember many 20-year-old goalies who have played in the NHL. I really believe goaltenders need seasoning. I wouldn’t want to bring Carter Hart up right now.”
    "With the NHL and the cap system these days, you have to build your team through the draft. That has to be the core of your team, there's no other way to do it."
    "We all can't go out and buy twenty players. It has to be built through the draft"
    "You need all three phases to build a championship team, again mainly the draft, but you also have to use trades and free agency."
    "Within about ten days I'll have watched the team five or six times. I've watched them a few times live this year when I was working with New Jersey. I believe I can get up to speed pretty quickly."
    "I spoke to Bob Clarke last night, my first boss, a long-time mentor. He watches every game."
    "I'm around after every game, I'm around every morning, I like to have coffee with the coaches and just get a sense of what they want to do each day."

I like all that stuff that was said.

I just want everything to chill for the next 3 weeks and then hire coach Q and move on. No big sweeping trades except to get rid of AMac and bring up Myers ... drop Folin to a true #7

Keep riding out Stoli

Myers has 15 points (5 goals) in 22 games; and his CF rel% jumped from a -4.72 (average) over his first 12 games to 1.14 (current average) after 22 games ... to get it back up into the positives, he has been posting 5.00+ CF rel% games over his last 10 while playing some of the stiffest AHL teams ...

Cmon Chuck ... just play your best defenders ... it’s such a common sense move.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Myers has 15 points (5 goals) in 22 games; and his CF rel% jumped from a -4.72 (average) over his first 12 games to 1.14 (current average) after 22 games ... to get it back up into the positives, he has been posting 5.00+ CF rel% games over his last 10 while playing some of the stiffest AHL teams ...

Cmon Chuck ... just play your best defenders ... it’s such a common sense move.
    Thee problem here to me is the interpretation of the expansion draft rules.

If leaving Myers in Lehigh for one more year leaves him exempt, I dont wanna see him this season.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Thee problem here to me is the interpretation of the expansion draft rules.

If leaving Myers in Lehigh for one more year leaves him exempt, I dont wanna see him this season.
    Agreed. I’m also fine with resigning gudas to a 3 year deal and expose him at that time. There are other options too. Right?

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast