Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

IGT: December "New GM = New Coach, we hope"

Good game against Pitt, now they need to keep moving forward. Get PP & PK back to at least average would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Good game against Pitt, now they need to keep moving forward. Get PP & PK back to at least average would be nice.
    if we had average pp and pk we would for sure be above .500 right now

The players haven’t given up on Hak, which is the most surprising. Not sure if that is out of respect for Hexy or genuine, but ... yah; we are consistently inconsistent and filled with positive and negative surprises, constantly.

Stoli should be our goalie until Elliott can rotate in ...

We should be focusing on the roster turnover, but I fear we will see more of Lehtera, AMac, and Weise now ... more than ever. This is a lost season.

Two fatal defensive flaws ... drafting Morin over Pulock (who has been amazing this year)

Keeping Myers in the AHL over AMac or Folin and delaying the future.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Two fatal defensive flaws ... drafting Morin over Pulock (who has been amazing this year)

Yeah well. We still don't know what Morin is h Pulock isn't exactly Norris-caliber. Obviously he's better today than Morin, but the margin remains to be seen and I understand the philosophy that resulted in the selection of him.

Myers, on the other hand, is inexcusable. He's the 4th best defenseman in this organization today. He should be on the ice. It's that simple.

Myers, on the other hand, is inexcusable. He's the 4th best defenseman in this organization today. He should be on the ice. It's that simple.
    i doubt that decision gets made before we have a new GM.

i would not be surprised if the call comes in shortly thereafter.

for all of you people who supported hextall's passive patience, the way you feel about myers is the way alot of the rest of us have felt about the entire franchise for the last 3/ish years.

We should be focusing on the roster turnover, but I fear we will see more of Lehtera, AMac, and Weise now ... more than ever. This is a lost season.
    it's also an opportunity.

trade voracek
    trade simmonds
    trade raffl/elliott/weal

throw lindblom, NAK, vorobyev, sanheim, myers and stolarz into the deep end to see what they can do.

tank.

build up an even huger stockpile of picks and prospects.

go into the summer with, 20-30MM in cap room. cash in assets for a true #1D (or maybe just sign erik karlsson) and a true #1C (larkin/barkov/draisaitl/oreilly).

we will have enough depth and quality to force teams to come to the bargaining table; from there, it's just matter of making the right offer at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    it's also an opportunity.

trade voracek
    trade simmonds
    trade raffl/elliott/weal

throw lindblom, NAK, vorobyev, sanheim, myers and stolarz into the deep end to see what they can do.

tank.

build up an even huger stockpile of picks and prospects.

go into the summer with, 20-30MM in cap room. cash in assets for a true #1D (or maybe just sign erik karlsson) and a true #1C (larkin/barkov/draisaitl/oreilly).

we will have enough depth and quality to force teams to come to the bargaining table; from there, it's just matter of making the right offer at the right time.
    Almost zero chance 3 out of the 4 of those guys would get moved. Larkin just signed a long term deal with his hometown team and team he rooted for his whole life. Draisaitl is only a lil over a year into his deal and is essentially McDavid's Malkin to Crosby. Trocheck just destroyed his leg, so zero chance they are going to bank on moving forward with Trocheck and Borgstrom as their top 2 centers. O'reilly might be getable if St. Louis is ready to pull the plug and tear everything down.

Lets chill with the hyperbole. Pulock is far from amazing though he is certainly the better player as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Lets chill with the hyperbole. Pulock is far from amazing though he is certainly the better player as of today.
    He is crushing it for the islanders, and we’d kill for that shot and a righty. Morin has yet to play a true NHL game that wasn’t an end-of-the-year bone throw.

How much of that was Hexy holding him back and crappy AHL coaching that he didn’t develop ... or how much was it that he has no talent and is a bad pick.

We get to find out soon ... after 5 years ... finally

He is crushing it for the islanders, and we’d kill for that shot and a righty. Morin has yet to play a true NHL game that wasn’t an end-of-the-year bone throw.

How much of that was Hexy holding him back and crappy AHL coaching that he didn’t develop ... or how much was it that he has no talent and is a bad pick.

We get to find out soon ... after 5 years ... finally
    Crushing it? -6.02 CF rel and -10.18 cf/60 rel is crushing it? -.67 GF rel and .32 GF/60 rel. 1 goal and 8 pts in 25 games. Wew! We are really missing out. All with a pdo of 1.047 while we are at it, so like I said lets calm down.

By comparison Scott Mayfield: 3.91 CF rel 3.83 CF/60 rel 0 GF rel .02 GF/60 rel pdo 1.028. And everyone thinks that Scott Mayfield sucks.

Crushing it? -6.02 CF rel and -10.18 cf/60 rel is crushing it? -.67 GF rel and .32 GF/60 rel. 1 goal and 8 pts in 25 games. Wew! We are really missing out. All with a pdo of 1.047 while we are at it, so like I said lets calm down.

By comparison Scott Mayfield: 3.91 CF rel 3.83 CF/60 rel 0 GF rel .02 GF/60 rel pdo 1.028. And everyone thinks that Scott Mayfield sucks.
    Yeahhh...

Granted, I think Pulock is the better player today. That hasn't changed.

But if Morin turns into a slightly better version of Gudbranson, I think we're better off. Morin v. Pulock isn't the hill to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Yeahhh...

Granted, I think Pulock is the better player today. That hasn't changed.

But if Morin turns into a slightly better version of Gudbranson, I think we're better off. Morin v. Pulock isn't the hill to die on.
    Interestingly enough I've always thought of Mayfield as a poor mans righty Morin coming up. Mayfield has legitimately surprised me over the last 1.5 years. If Morin can be a better skating(which he should still be a better skater) version of Mayfield, I would take that at this point.

Interestingly enough I've always thought of Mayfield as a poor mans righty Morin coming up. Mayfield has legitimately surprised me over the last 1.5 years. If Morin can be a better skating(which he should still be a better skater) version of Mayfield, I would take that at this point.
    Agreed 100%. A big, smooth skating defenseman with solid possession metrics, a booming shot and a nasty personality? Yep, that sounds good.

Again, I think that Morin in a top-3 role could be bad. But if he's a #4 or #5, playing limited minutes and in controlled situations? Yes, please.

I don’t follow that closely, he just always looks great when he plays us

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast