Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Obviously the calling Chiarelli every day is a bit tongue-in-cheek. But the concept still stands: we know Chiarelli is the kind of GM who loves "hockey guys" like Wayne Simmonds. We know EDM has said they want to change things up. I don't think it takes a significant amount of mental gymnastics to see how we might be able to get something good from EDM for Simmonds.

Is that something Draisatl? Most likely not. RNH? Also probably not. Puljujarvi? Maybe.

My thought is always to give bad GMs an opportunity to remind everyone why they are bad. Sitting around for Chiarelli to decide, "you know what, I should really call Chucky Fletch & ask what it'll take to get Simmonds" is not a good life choice. Calling Chiarelli and saying, "Hey, you know, I'm thinking of changing some things up and may have some pieces available. In the market for anything?" is probably a better approach.
    I mean, I just don't know if the Oilers are going to be buying Simmonds for NHL talent. I think we'd get picks. Would I buy the Oilers wanting someone like Simmonds? Yes. But I also think the message was sent by hiring Fletcher that, for whatever reason (I think it's $$$, honestly. I think this was a business decision), that the Flyers are not giving up on this year and think they're going to the playoffs. I'd expect the Flyers are going to hold on to guys like Simmonds until the bitter end. Hell, they might resign him.

As much as I think we should have dealt Simmonds last year, I think at this point I'd be surprised to see him traded until the deadline, if at all. And I'd be surprised a team like Edmonton would move anyone they even remotely enjoy on the NHL roster for him as they're chasing the playoffs. That said, Im not really that high on Pulujarvi any more. But he really hasn't *done* anything at the NHL level to this stage. I might rather have draft picks. But like I said, my guess is that the Flyers hold tight to Simmonds.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    Equally as disappointing because we know what we are getting with ghost defensively ... average at best, with his strength in the NZ, active stick, and breakout pass ...

Provorov is the eraser. Far higher expectations and ceiling.

Both well below what they are capable of. Playing with AMac 3 years wears on you.
    crazy how advanced stats can show you how bad he is when paired with others as well as how good players are when they aren't playing with him..yet they still don't send him to the ahl. That contract has really handcuffed us. I bet Myers would've been here if we never had him.

we have hit home with a bunch of prospects and haven't with a few (as does every team). Hexy has left this team in a great spot farm wise. Myers, hart, frost, rubstov, farabee, ratcliffe, allison, obrien are all solid prospects. Rubstov and morin have had terrible luck. Really want to see what we have in them, if anything (morin). I am very curious to see how the roles of certain players will be once they are with the team. How will myers, sanheim, ghost, and provorov be with limited pp time (for sanheim/myers). I definitely think sanheim should be on the 2nd pp over provorov as of now, or have both of them on. Will we play all 4 like the predators? Next year can't come sooner. If we don't see hart, myers, and frost on here next year that would suck

would you guys have picked up chad johnson and waived neuvy? Ducks would have taken neuvy cus they need a backup...anyone is better than neuvy at this point

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    would you guys have picked up chad johnson and waived neuvy? Ducks would have taken neuvy cus they need a backup...anyone is better than neuvy at this point
    No. Chad Johnson is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    idk if connor fixes anything tbh. Our wings are solid. We need another center, a pk, a goalie, another coach, and better d. Myers, hart, frost can fix a lot of that but i doubt they will have an immediate impact like connor had.
    um...hs would give the Flyers potentially 2 1st lines.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    um...hs would give the Flyers potentially 2 1st lines.
    he would but what can we even give up for him? They don't need our aging players. Sanheim is the only player and we still would have to add a pick or player cus connor produces

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    No. Chad Johnson is awful.
    better than neuvy

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819