CBC HNIC

Tuesday, December 4th
    Maple Leafs(19-8-0) vs Sabres(17-8-3)
    7:00 pm et
    TSN4

Nylander playing today?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Nylander playing today?
    Can't see it. Either Thursday against Detroit or Saturday against Boston is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KingerSox View Post
    Can't see it. Either Thursday against Detroit or Saturday against Boston is my guess.
    I think he's going to light it up.

14 in 14 for Matthews. If the guy stayed healthy he'd probably could of gotten 60 this year.

Auston Matthews is so gifted and so talented but he just lacks drive. It's the only thing stopping him from being the best in the game imo.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

15 in 14 now. How does Matthews lack drive?

15 in 14 now. How does Matthews lack drive?
    He has a tendency to float and doesn't always play with an edge. He gets criticized for disappearing in games and sometimes I think it's because he gets comfortable going through the motions. It's just something I've noticed watching him. However tonight he didn't have his legs.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    He has a tendency to float and doesn't always play with an edge. He gets criticized for disappearing in games and sometimes I think it's because he gets comfortable going through the motions. It's just something I've noticed watching him. However tonight he didn't have his legs.

If Crosby was a Leaf and we watched him every game we could pick out a flaw or two. Results matter. There's few better then Matthews.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Auston Matthews is so gifted and so talented but he just lacks drive. It's the only thing stopping him from being the best in the game imo.

This goes down as a top 3 dumbest post ever!

If Crosby was a Leaf and we watched him every game we could pick out a flaw or two. Results matter. There's few better then Matthews.
    They definitely matter. I think there is another level he can get to. I'm not trying to pick on him, it's just something that a few of my buddies and i talk about when watching him play. I definitely don't take for granted all the great things he does. Consider it a hot take if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish View Post
    This goes down as a top 3 dumbest post ever!
    He can play with a more want to and edge. Watch him play, the kid is special and a treat to watch every night but there is another level he can get to and it doesn't have to do with anything but mentailty.

If Matthews was injury prone then I would want him to throw around his body a bit more. At this point I just want him on the ice. He could not block another shot for the rest of the season and I would be happy.

Nylander said today that he's playing tomorrow. Finally going to see the whole forward group. I'd like to see..

Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
    Hyman-Tavares-Marner
    Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen
    Ennis-Lindholm-Brown

Chances are Babcock puts either Marleau or Brown with Matthews and for whatever dumb reason Johnsson ends up on the 4th line.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast