Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Great deal for both teams... Mets know that if they get around 12-14 WAR over the next 3 years they can always flip Cano to an AL team (DH) and eat around $8 million both of those last two years and the deal is real good.

I wish the Dodgers had got in on this.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Getting rid of Cano's 120 million dollar remaining salary has to be nice too. Yeah half of that is offset by Bruce/Swarzak and the money Seattle is sending but if the Mets don't make that deal, there is no chance they would have been able to move Cano.

Now he becomes the Mets asset for the next couple of years (hopefully and more) and the rest with an albatross deal they can't get rid of lol.
    He probably has a good few years left although it doesn't make much sense to me for you guys to trade Syndergaard since you guys are trying to compete right now.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

What's funny is that one team won 89 games and the other won 77 games. The team that won 89 is selling and the team that won 77 games is buying.

The Mets did have a better run differential though.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    What's funny is that one team won 89 games and the other won 77 games. The team that won 89 is selling and the team that won 77 games is buying.

The Mets did have a better run differential though.
    The closer had a slot to do with it, meanwhile the Mets pen had a lot to do with their failures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The closer had a slot to do with it, meanwhile the Mets pen had a lot to do with their failures.

yes. And they need to add another dependable reliever to pitch the 8th. They have to protect those leads for deGrom, Syndergaard, et al.

poor move. They could of got Diaz production on the open market. Could of sent a lot less in prospects to get cano and that contract. Paying cano 25 million a year would of been better off throwing a 370million 10 year deal at Harper or Machado. They could of unloaded Bruce some how still. An awful move all around Seattle made our well. Market is full of relievers this year

Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes View Post
    poor move. They could of got Diaz production on the open market. Could of sent a lot less in prospects to get cano and that contract. Paying cano 25 million a year would of been better off throwing a 370million 10 year deal at Harper or Machado. They could of unloaded Bruce some how still. An awful move all around Seattle made our well. Market is full of relievers this year
    They wouldn't be able to find someone like Diaz for that price. He only made $570,800 last year. His salary will certainly go up through arbitration, but he's still very cheap compared to what the market will command and is under control through 2022.

*Cano is getting $20M/year the next five years with the Mets since the Mariners are sending over $20M.

.275 15 home runs 70 rbi for Cano and Tommy John surgery for Diaz. Mets still finish 4th in the NL East.
    Fire Friedman!

Quote Originally Posted by Big R View Post
    .275 15 home runs 70 rbi for Cano and Tommy John surgery for Diaz. Mets still finish 4th in the NL East.
    What makes you think his power will drop and for the second time ever hit below .280? Dude was great last year.

And TJ surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    They wouldn't be able to find someone like Diaz for that price. He only made $570,800 last year. His salary will certainly go up through arbitration, but he's still very cheap compared to what the market will command and is under control through 2022.

*Cano is getting $20M/year the next five years with the Mets since the Mariners are sending over $20M.
    But youre not considering the prospects lost. Saying Id rather sign Kimbrel o Miller and keep the prospects. Cano could of been salaried dumped in a Bruce for cano swap imo. Mariners made out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemoes View Post
    But youre not considering the prospects lost. Saying Id rather sign Kimbrel o Miller and keep the prospects. Cano could of been salaried dumped in a Bruce for cano swap imo. Mariners made out well.
    The Mets gave up Dunn and Kelenic for Diaz. Think about what Chapman cost the Cubs and Miller cost the Indians and that's why the Mets had to pay up for Diaz. I like Kimbrel but he's looking for 6 years in FA and was shaky as **** in the postseason. I would rather have the 24 year old with 3 years of control and was maybe the most dominant RP in the AL last year.

The Mets are still in on Miller but I'm not sure if Britton isn't a better investment.

3 years of control. A LOT fewer innings on his arm. A salary that allows the Mets to improve at other positions - including another quality BP arm. Trading just one prospect above Rookie Ball.

The deal was a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Mets gave up Dunn and Kelenic for Diaz. Think about what Chapman cost the Cubs and Miller cost the Indians and that's why the Mets had to pay up for Diaz. I like Kimbrel but he's looking for 6 years in FA and was shaky as **** in the postseason. I would rather have the 24 year old with 3 years of control and was maybe the most dominant RP in the AL last year.

The Mets are still in on Miller but I'm not sure if Britton isn't a better investment.
    The thing Ive noticed about Britton is that teams aren't swinging nearly as much at the sinker anymore. Analytics probably caught up to the sinker, and players are definitely waiting out Britton.

Also, Kimbrel and Britton are 30, and Andrew Miller is 32. Committing years and money to relievers that age who rely on throwing fastballs and breaking pitches is risky.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    The thing Ive noticed about Britton is that teams aren't swinging nearly as much at the sinker anymore. Analytics probably caught up to the sinker, and players are definitely waiting out Britton.

Also, Kimbrel and Britton are 30, and Andrew Miller is 32. Committing years and money to relievers that age who rely on throwing fastballs and breaking pitches is risky.
    Very ****ing risky!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345