Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Mets acquire Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz

As a Mets fan, this trade could be really intriguing or brutally bad. Depends how many prospects we are give up and how much money Seattle eats.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    As a Mets fan, this trade could be really intriguing or brutally bad. Depends how many prospects we are give up and how much money Seattle eats.
    With the amount of 2B help available, and the amount of relievers on the market, this trade makes zero sense at this juncture.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    With the amount of 2B help available, and the amount of relievers on the market, this trade makes zero sense at this juncture.
    It does make sense if you are the Mets. We don't have too much payroll for the amount of holes we have. So this would be ways of cutting cost but getting talent. Outside the box thinking

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    You have to consider the fact that the Mets are cheap and are not going to spend 200-300 million to fill all their holes.

Mets need to completely revamp their pen. Diaz would be the first chip and then you can sign a couple of other guys at reasonable prices and not spend 75 million for a closer.

They still need to get a catcher as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the kind of move the Mets pretend to have interest in to make the fans think they're willing to spend money.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

lot of conjecture. no substance yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wish the Dodgers were in on this... ****ing cheap *** mother****ing Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    wish the Dodgers were in on this... ****ing cheap *** mother****ing Friedman
    You want Cano? He's getting worse defensively and is like 35.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    And is owed $24M for each of the next 5 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I have posted what type of deal I would do and how much cash I would make seattle eat... interesting your focus is just on Cano... as for his defense... what stat do you want to use? his dWar was better last year than Dozier or Forsythe. His OPS+ was 136 vs their magnificent performances.

Diaz is the key to the deal and Cano fills a need.

Mets make no sense. Trading for an older, bad contract in Bob Cano, yet trading away a young stud SP on a cheap deal in Thor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

^They don't go hand in hand cause we aren't trading Syndergaard for Cano. Also we would be getting a young stud closer in Diaz

I don't think a young stud closer on a not so great team is worth having to carry the load of a contract like Cano's. Relief pitchers are very volatile and the Mets certainly aren't a damn good closer away from being a major contender.

Since this is all just speculation though, we don't know all the details in terms of money or additional players going each direction. So maybe there's more to this that actually makes sense for the Mets.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    ^They don't go hand in hand cause we aren't trading Syndergaard for Cano. Also we would be getting a young stud closer in Diaz
    Of course. But acquiring Cano is a "we are trying to win now" type of move. Trading away Thor is a "we are rebuilding" type of move. Just doesn't make sense to me is all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast