Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

I Am Actually Starting To Like This Team

To say the least, no one except the player's mothers had any hope for this season. So it goes for Nets fans. But even with their 8-14 record, I see them currently 6-5 within the Conference, and 2-2 within the Division. That is actually not that bad considering where this team is right now. I see some growth for once, something none of us has seen in a long time. Now there is still a lot of work to do in order to properly build a decent nucleus. But this team is something not only to root for, but to grow with. Keep beating the regional teams (Knicks, Philly, Washington...etc.), and work on your play at home (it's an abysmal 3-7 right now). World beaters? Hardly. Playoffs? No. But watchable? Yes, and you haven't been able to say that about the Nets in a long, long time.

Another game, another double digit lead blown in the 4th
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P GRAM (PSD LEGEND)

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

I love this team...have to keep progressing.

This team need RHJ to regain last season's offensive form.

This team needs more size.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

How is it possible that no one is talking about this team?

New York City basketball lives and breathes in Brooklyn...Iím shocked no one is talking about it.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyHumph View Post
    This team need RHJ to regain last season's offensive form.

This team needs more size.
    The Nets are playing astoundingly. Just came back from a 21 point deficit to win in Orlando.

I haven't enjoyed watching the Nets this much since Kidd's first 3 seasons as a Net.

And I stick by my statement on RHJ and the need for more size.
    Short Cut, Draw Blood

Best team in NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Best team in NBA
    Let's not get carried away!

Best record over the last 23 games.

Very entertaining.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Here we are at the All-Star Break and who would have thunk it? 6th in the East and a legitimate shot at rising as high as 4th? My gosh, I have to backtrack what I said at the beginning a little bit. Playoffs are a very real possibility. They improved their conference play to 18-12, they improved their Home record to 14-11 (a massive improvement from the last time I wrote), and even improved within the Div to 6-4. Keep hovering around .500 away from Brooklyn and keep up the positive Home record and this team will be going places. I NEVER would have said this prior. This is a fun team to watch now, and it has been so long since we could say that.

And theyíre doing it without a lot of key faces.

Great job, all around.

I would not be surprised to see a key FA decide Brooklyn is for them in the offseason. This team is close to being very good.

-Stork

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    How is it possible that no one is talking about this team?

New York City basketball lives and breathes in Brooklyn...Iím shocked no one is talking about it.

-Stork
    It's starting. As of the beginning of this week, Steven A. Smith has begun to start poking Knicks fans on ESPN and his podcast. Saying that they are so worried about getting star players like Durant, or trying to keep ahead of teams for Zion, that they need to be looking over their shoulders. That a "growing problem" is sitting in their backyard (meaning Brooklyn).

We are seeing other NY stations like 590AM with a couple of their programs starting to ask the same thing. But let's be honest, I am more than fine to keep building this team under the radar.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 01-25-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Now my gosh not only seeing the Nets beat the LeBrons (formally known as the Lakers), not only do we get to see the Nets eliminate the Lebrons officially from Playoff contention, we get to see D'Angelo Russell do it to them. It wasn't all that long ago the Lakers freed up cap space by giving up on Russell and Mozgov and shipping them to the Nets in a package deal. Full circle the Lakers have squandered that cap space and seem to be in full implode mode for most of the season, and the Nets are actually building a damn good nucleus. I personally want to see the Nets climb back into 6th cause I feel they have a better match up with the 76ers than they do the Raptors. Am I expecting a title...no. But I want to see an entertaining first round. With 8 games to go the Nets won't catch the Celtics, but the Pistons are right there for the taking.

Is this what hope feels like?

With Game 1 in the books...this IS what hope feels like. The Sixers are still gonna be a tough out, but these Nets do match up well with them. I haven't had this much of a season of fun rooting for the Nets in a long, long time.