Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Jazz Trade 2 2nd and Alec Burks for Kyle Korver

still shooting 46% from 3 this year.

Seems like a lot to give up. I guess the two 2nd rounders was based on the extra year he has under contract.

Burks was a pretty decent player for Utah.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

Burks was an injured player most of the time with the Jazz. He wasn't very good on defense and tried to learn to pass the ball, but still isn't very proficient at it. I've never liked Burks and was against us upping his contract. I'm glad we were able to bring in one of the best three point shooters in the league for him, as we REALLY need people who can knock down open three pointers. He is REALLY going to space the floor for us I think, especially with Ingles on the floor as well.

Bingo, 🔥. All we need to consider is Korver + Jingles. I love this trade. Rubio on fire from deep is like catching lightning in a bottle. With this move it'll be a luxury and not a necessity if we want to spread the floor. Damn I'm excited to see Korver and Jingles lighting it up. He'll probably come off the bench, but they'll share the floor at times.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

try not to laugh
    "Iím not a ham-fisted nitwit."
    -Stork

Great trade for the Jazz. We need shooting and we got some. Alec Burks is going to do well in a different system.

And I honestly don't think we gave up a lot in this trade. Lindsay always uses his second round picks for trade bait. And we gave up an expiring contract for someone that we can buyout for 3.5 million by next season. If we really don't want to keep Korver we will just waive him before next off-season. I REALLY like this move.

yeah honestly 2nds are worth so little and if you really want one you can usually get one for cash. 14 points in his first game on 5/7 shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    yeah honestly 2nds are worth so little and if you really want one you can usually get one for cash. 14 points in his first game on 5/7 shooting.
    This! He can hit open shots, period. We so badly needed that. He is going to make a huge difference at least in the regular season.

We look like a different offense now.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

try not to laugh
    "Iím not a ham-fisted nitwit."
    -Stork