Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

My Ask For Syndergaard. Would You Give Up The Following Prospects For A Proven Ace?

Lately I have seen many articles that draw up trade scenarios sending Noah Syndergaard to the Padres. In my opinion none of them would fly if proposed. I'm not saying I know any better but I know what I would want as a Mets fan & I'm curious to see if Padres fans would go for it or not. Being a prospect enthusiast, I have followed many Padres prospects (not just the top ones). I'd like to know what San Diego thinks about the following for Noah Syndergaard:

Franmil Reyes
    Chris Paddack #5
    Josh Naylor #15
    Hudson Potts #23
    Luis Campusano #24

My analysis:
    I think it's a no-brainer for the Padres to make a trade for one of the best pitchers in baseball without touching any of their top 4 prospects & with only having to give up 1 major league ready player who isn't even proven yet. I thought it was crazy that the Padres left Reyes unprotected last year during the Rule V draft because of a broken hand but I thought it was crazier that nobody claimed him. Thoughts?
    Wally Backman For Mets Manager!

So we give up Noah Syndergaard without getting any of the top 4 prospects from the Padres? Why would we make this deal?

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    So we give up Noah Syndergaard without getting any of the top 4 prospects from the Padres? Why would we make this deal?
    So you rather put all of your eggs in 1 basket & have 1 prospect in return just because he's ranked high? If that's the case I would only want their #1 prospect (Tatis Jr). I rather diversify & get back 5 players who are all young & who put up good statistical seasons last year. Research these players & you will understand.
    Wally Backman For Mets Manager!