Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fire Shurmur?

Should have never been hired to begin with. Another one of those "offensive gurus" with little to no actual success on the field.

Can't get rid of him fast enough. The only thing worse than Shurmur is the mediocre coaching staff that he assembled.

McCarthy for HC or Haley for OC FTW. I actually would like Haley a lot. Barkley and Jones would benefit greatly from someone like Haley. Just don't make him a HC. I would be ok with a defensive minded HC like Rivera. Just give complete autonomy to a good OC. $h!+, just give me Morhinweg to run the offense at this point. Again, just not as the HC.

Ron Rivera
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

He's done. 100% done.

He gets out coached every single game.

Kids on x box make better second half adjustments than he does.

Whole staff will probably be gone.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    He's done. 100% done.

He gets out coached every single game.

Kids on x box make better second half adjustments than he does.

Whole staff will probably be gone.

Yep, interesting question is what will happen with Getty

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Yep, interesting question is what will happen with Getty
    IMO, he gets a mixed grade. But most of it is not good.

He's done some good things with the draft, but his choices in FAs and trades are pretty awful.

He finally got us our quarterback - but you can make a very strong argument he heavily overreached for the guy and has a poor understanding of draft value.

He has loaded this team up with interior lineman - and has basically ignored edge rushers, defensive ends and athletic linebackers - all this in an era where the pass game and mobile quarterbacks dominate. We have a defensive roster and scheme designed to stuff 30 touch per game running backs in an era where those guys basically no longer exist. I won't kill him on the secondary because it is so young and I actually like the talent in guys like Beal, Baker, Love and Ballentine - not to mention Peppers who has been pretty solid.

On offense, he has whiffed pretty badly with the OL. He gave a monster contract to an aging LT who can't block anyone anymore. It's fair to say we were desperate to salvage something out of Eli when Solder was signed - but even given a chance to potentially trade him and shed his contract this season, he chose to keep him just to help Jones get a good workout running away from blind side defensive ends. I'll give him credit for Hernandez ad Zeitler.

And of course, Shurmur and his staff were DGs picks. They are an unmitigated disaster.

To me the bottom line is that if you're changing directions, you should commit to a new top down approach and bring in a new GM who will bring in a new staff to change the way these guys play. The only reason not to change a GM in a situation like this is if the GM has been an amazing performer who was simply let down by his coaches. That is simply not the case with DG.

Change them all.

Don't worry. He's got this.

That flea flicker call on third and long made me want to fire him on the spot. he needs to go. clean house...failed experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    IMO, he gets a mixed grade. But most of it is not good.

He's done some good things with the draft, but his choices in FAs and trades are pretty awful.

He finally got us our quarterback - but you can make a very strong argument he heavily overreached for the guy and has a poor understanding of draft value.

He has loaded this team up with interior lineman - and has basically ignored edge rushers, defensive ends and athletic linebackers - all this in an era where the pass game and mobile quarterbacks dominate. We have a defensive roster and scheme designed to stuff 30 touch per game running backs in an era where those guys basically no longer exist. I won't kill him on the secondary because it is so young and I actually like the talent in guys like Beal, Baker, Love and Ballentine - not to mention Peppers who has been pretty solid.

On offense, he has whiffed pretty badly with the OL. He gave a monster contract to an aging LT who can't block anyone anymore. It's fair to say we were desperate to salvage something out of Eli when Solder was signed - but even given a chance to potentially trade him and shed his contract this season, he chose to keep him just to help Jones get a good workout running away from blind side defensive ends. I'll give him credit for Hernandez ad Zeitler.

And of course, Shurmur and his staff were DGs picks. They are an unmitigated disaster.

To me the bottom line is that if you're changing directions, you should commit to a new top down approach and bring in a new GM who will bring in a new staff to change the way these guys play. The only reason not to change a GM in a situation like this is if the GM has been an amazing performer who was simply let down by his coaches. That is simply not the case with DG.

Change them all.
    Yep, Iíd be perfectly fine with Getty running next years draft, but him together with our 50 mln or so cap space scares the hell out of me.

Btw, I donít hold Shurmurs hiring against him really. Shurmur was a hot coaching commodity after the Vikings years and he was a logical choice. Didnít work out obviously, but I think the hire itself wasnít that weird

Sounds like DG really wants him gone after the season.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345