Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Shurmur?

Fire Shurmur?

Real simple should the giants cut bait after one season or would you like to see him back next year? Why?

If you want the organization to can him who do you have your eye on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol heís far from the problem. Giants just needs to get rid of these whinny *****es

Is this serious lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I don't think we should give up on him but I don't know if I want him doing the play calling. What is the point of an Offensive Coordinator if the Head Coach is doing all the play calling?

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Is this serious lol
    I know itís unlikely because itís only one season and Gettleman admitting he hired the wrong guy would be held against him.

But is it that crazy?Heís having a very rough season, he was far from the giants first choice, and he has a history of failing as a HC.

Heís coached 11 games and hasnít had even a mediocre oline until 3 weeks ago.

Heís made some bad decisions like any coach. Heís also proved that his O system can move the ball when the oline is doing what they need to do.

Itís waaaay too early for this.

Weíre not the Browns. We donít fire and hire at the drop of a hat. Giants have always been about stability and the long term plan.

So anyone judging off of one season thatís not even over yet and saying to fire and cut all these people needs to settle the **** down.

Youíve got DG for at least 3 more years to see what he can build (doing very well so far btw). And you definitely have Shurmur and Eli (barring a good trade offer and Eli waiving his no trade clause which he doesnít want to do) for next season.

Nah. The roster needs to be overturned and the QB position has to be transitioned away from Eli. See what Shurmur can do with a new QB and, hopefully, a better OL. Then judge him.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Umm.. Uhm.. Uhh..

The only reason I would even consider firing Shurmur are his game management and play-calling in some of our games. And those you can also fix by instead of firing him get a good o coordinator that calls the plays.

In all other areas I really like what heís doing with the team

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I don't like the hiring of Pat Shurmur....I'm trying to get use to him but I just don't see a confident man on the sidelines.....I don't see much of nothing from him.

We are having a pretty bad season....if the Giants fired him after this season, I wouldn't be upset about it.

Well, coaching has been a pretty big part of the issue, it's hard to deny that. I stood behind the hiring at the time, so I'd be a hypocrite to say otherwise now. And I could live with giving him another chance and another offseason to try and figure some of the roster problems out and head towards building something. But I have to say, after more than half of a first season completed, I don't feel that good about the future with Shurmur as the HC.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Heís coached 11 games and hasnít had even a mediocre oline until 3 weeks ago.

Heís made some bad decisions like any coach. Heís also proved that his O system can move the ball when the oline is doing what they need to do.

Itís waaaay too early for this.

Weíre not the Browns. We donít fire and hire at the drop of a hat. Giants have always been about stability and the long term plan.

So anyone judging off of one season thatís not even over yet and saying to fire and cut all these people needs to settle the **** down.

Youíve got DG for at least 3 more years to see what he can build (doing very well so far btw). And you definitely have Shurmur and Eli (barring a good trade offer and Eli waiving his no trade clause which he doesnít want to do) for next season.

Well, so far we've had a nice long and stable losing stretch, so that goes along with our tradition of sticking with the problem.

We are not the Browns, but we sure play and act like it.

All the same chicken littles who wanted Coughlin fired in 06 and to give up on Eli.

Itís funny Eli is on pace to have one of his best statistical season ever and we might end up 3-13 again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Well, coaching has been a pretty big part of the issue, it's hard to deny that. I stood behind the hiring at the time, so I'd be a hypocrite to say otherwise now. And I could live with giving him another chance and another offseason to try and figure some of the roster problems out and head towards building something. But I have to say, after more than half of a first season completed, I don't feel that good about the future with Shurmur as the HC.
    Apart from last game, is coaching really a big part of the problem though? Because i think it isnít

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast