Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fire Shurmur?

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I want a sophisticated offense built for todayís NFL, not an offense built to win in 1990.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think this is an outdated offense, at all. When we've been healthy, we spread it quite frequently. Besides, Barkley is also a modern RB that can be a big weapon in the passing game as well. Like I said, I'm all for giving Shurmur a second chance to see this rebuild through the next phase. If we're certain we can get someone like Riley, I might jump on board, but I do still like the idea of his offensive system with Jones in year 2.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    This is all fair. I'm all for a whole new coaching staff. I just think the offense, when you factor in all the real world issues of having a rookie QB, terrible tackles, Barkley and Shep and Engram and Tate all missing significant time - it hasn't performed horribly.

All in all though, I'm fine with a complete reboot. DG downward.
    I'm pretty sure that Wellinton Mara is still kicking himself for letting Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick walk. When Bill Parcells resigned a few days after winning the SB in 91'...I thought he was bluffing but once I saw he was serious.....I had a sick feeling in my gut....I loved the guy so much(BP is the one that made me a Giants fan for life) But I was OK with it because Belichick was going to take over.

When BB left too...I was sick, like I was just punched in the gut...we just let go of the two most brillant minds in football.

With that being said...there is nothing brillant about this current coaching staff. We need to bring in talent that has a hunger, passion to win. Bright minds...they are rare to find but they are out there we just have to find them.

We should be the NE Patroits of football today...we had him. Thats why i respect Robert Kraft so much....he got the best and allowed them to put the team together, for the fans.

Jerry Jones had Jimmy Johnson...had he kept JJ...it would've been and probably still Pat/ Cowboys rilvary...like the Celtics/Lakers in the NBA.

We need to go after a Lincoln Riley and give him complete control...he is the best in college right now.

But there is only one BB and we had him in place.
    Last edited by Missing56&33; 11-21-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I don't think this is an outdated offense, at all. When we've been healthy, we spread it quite frequently. Besides, Barkley is also a modern RB that can be a big weapon in the passing game as well. Like I said, I'm all for giving Shurmur a second chance to see this rebuild through the next phase. If we're certain we can get someone like Riley, I might jump on board, but I do still like the idea of his offensive system with Jones in year 2.
    All big packages, playaction rollouts, lots of 12 personnel and shallow routes. I just donít think weíre a threat to any defense with our predictable approach.

I will say that I think having a top WR changes this. We have no deep threat. Maybe slayton emerges but ObJ is the missing piece that opens the run game and makes this system work.

All big packages, playaction rollouts, lots of 12 personnel and shallow routes. I just donít think weíre a threat to any defense with our predictable approach.

I will say that I think having a top WR changes this. We have no deep threat. Maybe slayton emerges but ObJ is the missing piece that opens the run game and makes this system work.

We're in 1-1 71% of the time, the league average being 60. 1-2 we're at a 19% rate, league average is 20%. And that's, again, with receivers banged up or injured for a few games.

And I don't see any problem tighting up the formation every once in a while, and getting our TEs involved. It can work. I think you can see Shula's hand there, and if we improve on run blocking and get Barkley at full health to get the running game going again, it will work even better.

Again, I really like the system that Shurmur has put in place. And with a few personnel improvements here and there, I'm very excited about Jones in a 2nd year, in this same system. I would not fire Shurmur.

We're in 1-1 71% of the time, the league average being 60. 1-2 we're at a 19% rate, league average is 20%. And that's, again, with receivers banged up or injured for a few games.

And I don't see any problem tighting up the formation every once in a while, and getting our TEs involved. It can work. I think you can see Shula's hand there, and if we improve on run blocking and get Barkley at full health to get the running game going again, it will work even better.

Again, I really like the system that Shurmur has put in place. And with a few personnel improvements here and there, I'm very excited about Jones in a 2nd year, in this same system. I would not fire Shurmur.
    Even better?! Even?!?! Weíre the 24th offense in the league!

Iím not necessarily advocating a firing, but Shurmur has to do something here. This offense is not realizing itís potential when youíre very kind, and kinda disfunctional when youíre less kind.

Btw, with 3/4 of the Chicago game done Iím getting confirmation of what I said here earlier. We started kind of fine on offense, but when the defense adjusts, we canít. The play caller is probably busy being HC...

Youíre making a case for Shurmur being kept as the OC.

But heís the head coach, and his job is to prepare the team, call the plays and make adjustments during the game.

I donít know if the talent level is this bad (maybe it is) but this team looks unprepared, the plays that are called are largely unsuccessful and they always lose ground in the 2nd half of games after other teams make their adjustments.

I donít know what to do with this team but Iím sick of this team being a perennial top draft pick squad. They need to figure this out and I donít have much faith left in anyone that runs this organization.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Shurmur has been really bad in his two years here but I rather fire Gettleman before I fire him. He hasn't really been given a team to work with as Gettleman hasn't really been building a successful team at all. Ideally they both should go but if I had to pick one, please fire DG by end of year.

While this probably will not happen, what would you think of making Rex Ryan our DC either under Schurmur or a new head coach. While he proved not be a very good head coach, most people feel that he is and was an excellent defensive coordinator . Do what the Rams and Jets do, just let the DC run the defense without interference from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    While this probably will not happen, what would you think of making Rex Ryan our DC either under Schurmur or a new head coach. While he proved not be a very good head coach, most people feel that he is and was an excellent defensive coordinator . Do what the Rams and Jets do, just let the DC run the defense without interference from anyone.
    Doubt it could possibly be any worse than our current situation on defense.

Is that true? Then Iím way off. Feels like big personnel pretty often. Huh

I think you guys would be better suited to get rid of Gettleman...

Never thought someone could be in Ray Handley territory... really they should be 1-11 cuz the Tampa game was a gift.

2-10! and only getting worse! What.A.Complete.Joke.

They should fire DG with the entire staff. Otherwise itís a continuous merry go round of yearly finger pointing.

And this time hire a GM who realizes heís building a coaching staff and team for the year 2020.

Don't worry. He's got this.

So fire Shurmur and bring in who? I think the call will be Matt Rhule or McCarthy. Rhule has the ties to NY, and McCarthy has a winning track record. Getting defensive FAs to GB was his downfall
    I think GM will become Louis Riddick who many said came in 2nd behind Gettleman

Is that true? Then Iím way off. Feels like big personnel pretty often. Huh

Yes. We're predominantly lining up in 1-1, at a well above league-average rate. But anyway, FWIW, I think I'm officially on board with letting Shurmur go. For a long while, I thought it was the bad defense that's making the offense fall off script and causing the play call to look bad in the 2nd half of the most games. And while it's still a factor, I worry it also has a lot to do with the offensive scheme and play calling itself. And it's making Jones develop some bad habits, which is concerning.

Maybe we'll have a chance at Roman. Or Riley. Or I don't know...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast