Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Blackhawks send Schmaltz to Arizona for Strome and Perlini

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/news/...ni/c-302299992

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I made no secret that I wasnít a fan of Schmaltzís game. Strome has yet to put it together at the NHL level, but wow did we get a possible steal here. Love this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I made no secret that I wasnít a fan of Schmaltzís game. Strome has yet to put it together at the NHL level, but wow did we get a possible steal here. Love this trade.
    Yeah itís hard to be upset. Schmaltz is super talented, but everything Iíve heard is that his work ethic sucks and he doesnít really give a ****. Canít have that, especially with a younger roster coming in the near future. You might as well reshuffle and get two talented young players in return for a guy like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Yeah itís hard to be upset. Schmaltz is super talented, but everything Iíve heard is that his work ethic sucks and he doesnít really give a ****. Canít have that, especially with a younger roster coming in the near future. You might as well reshuffle and get two talented young players in return for a guy like that.

Both of these kids underwhelmed in Arizona. I love this as a buy low. Iíd have been thrilled with Strome alone, but to get Perlini also is a potential huge steal here. This is the kind of trade that can give a team a shot in the arm. Strome, DeBrincat, Perlini, Jokiharju, Boqvist. This team could reopen that window very quickly if these kids can all mature together.

Consider this, guys.

Saad / Toews / Kane
    Perlini / Strome / DeBrincat

Both of these kids were top prospects in their respective drafts. Strome has played with DeBrincat in the OHL. We could have a very strong top-6 if these two can find their games with the change of scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Consider this, guys.

Saad / Toews / Kane
    Perlini / Strome / DeBrincat

Both of these kids were top prospects in their respective drafts. Strome has played with DeBrincat in the OHL. We could have a very strong top-6 if these two can find their games with the change of scenery.
    I hope youíre right. We could have a lot of cap space to play with too if we make the right moves. Iím just not sure I trust Bowman is the guy to do it seeing as heís given out some pretty terrible deals.

Love this trade. I'm a big fan of Dylan Strome's. He's not a great skater, but I think he can improve there and ultimately overcome that deficiency with his size, willingness to go to the front of the net, ability to win faceoffs, and his hockey sense. He's more of a playmaker than a shooter, but he's more willing to shoot than Schmaltz was. Schmaltz was more of a perimeter player whereas Strome is more willing to go to the dirty areas on the ice as shown by his 1st goal with us. Perlini is also pretty solid. I like him, too. 17 goals last year. He's big, he's fast, and he's got a nice shot. Think he can be a Saad type of player for us. Getting two big players with very good potential, including a natural center, for Schmaltz is a great deal on paper. We'll see how it works out for us, but I love the trade right now.

2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!