Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Lettieri has been recalled
    Hes a right winger atleast I guess. I wish we could have claimed one of those waiver players but who knows, maybe they are on waivers for a reason

Soshnikov cleared. Zykov was claimed by Edmonton, who is below us, so who knows if we would have taken him if he had fallen to us in the waiver draft.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 11-30-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Nylander watch ends tomorrow at 5. Should be interesting to see how that turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beast023 View Post
    Nylander watch ends tomorrow at 5. Should be interesting to see how that turns out.

We should have offer sheeted him, Toronto wouldnt want to match a 5 year contract that is under the top tier of compensation. 40 mill and that would be a nice length deal for us even if the money is a little high.

I think an offersheet would have been a smart move at this point as we would be picking in the 20s what with the way we are playing and then you add Nylander to team we would be picking even later, so why not.

Also saw Montreal put Nikitia Scherbak on waivers, former 1st Rd pick and still only 22 yrs of age.

Official December 2018 Schedule & Discussion Thread

Picking 20th is a stretch but there’s also a lot of season left to determine that. Don’t think an offer-sheet would have been smart. I’ll keep the first. I especially would be valuing our draft picks higher than normal considering how well this new regime has drafted especially this past draft.

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    Picking 20th is a stretch but there’s also a lot of season left to determine that. Don’t think an offer-sheet would have been smart. I’ll keep the first. I especially would be valuing our draft picks higher than normal considering how well this new regime has drafted especially this past draft.
    Generally the hope is to draft someone as good as Nylander from 5 on, if you can guarantee you get one it's a no brainer to me anyway. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I was just catching up, watching hockey central at noon from Friday with Brian Burke and Doug Maclean. There were talking Nylander—before he signed. What I found interesting was when Burke was talking about how there will be offer sheets this year because Matthews, Marner, Laine, Tkachuk etc. will be restricted, thanks to Bettman( they basically said he was a moron and he hurt the NHL because of it) lowering free agency requirements. And how Dubas has to play hardball because he won’t be able to get everyone signed. And it makes a lot of sense for teams to NOT offer sheet Nylander for 2 reasons: 1 if you feel Marner & Mathews is better than Nylander than you wait see if Nylander gets a big deal—then Toronto doesn’t have the money to sign Marner etc. and 2. As a GM you hope Dubas wins because what he gives Nylander effect how you sign your own restricted free agents.

What I found interesting was that at one point Burke said he called Boston and told them he was gonna offersheet Kessel if they didn’t come to an agreement on a trade. So teams will offersheet a player or at least threaten to do so, they just don’t make it public.
    ——————————
    Long story short, I think THIS is the year we should offersheet a player.
    —————————-
    Gettinger was sent down and belseskey has been brought up.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 12-02-2018 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Generally the hope is to draft someone as good as Nylander from 5 on, if you can guarantee you get one it's a no brainer to me anyway. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    A little confused by your wording. My point was after how this 18 draft is already shaping out, the fact Gorton has clearly had a plan and been executing near flawlessly, and the fact he’s already shown a high level of proficiency drafting and running this team since he was handed the full reins a few years ago that for us our own picks hold higher value. Man it’s been obvious when he was handed full control and Sather sat back. Potentially we have two studs in personnel with Gorton and Quinn IMO.

For Gorton though his one draft in Boston, clearly identifying and targeting high end elite talent, willingness to make a big deal, he’s a stud at playing the draft. Nylander held a little risk attaching potentially a lot of talent to a guy who could regress not being on a wagon of an offense with a bunch of other studs. Even if he regressed his play a bit and couldn’t carry that team, whoever makes that deal loses immediately in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    A little confused by your wording. My point was after how this 18 draft is already shaping out, the fact Gorton has clearly had a plan and been executing near flawlessly, and the fact he’s already shown a high level of proficiency drafting and running this team since he was handed the full reins a few years ago that for us our own picks hold higher value. Man it’s been obvious when he was handed full control and Sather sat back. Potentially we have two studs in personnel with Gorton and Quinn IMO.

For Gorton though his one draft in Boston, clearly identifying and targeting high end elite talent, willingness to make a big deal, he’s a stud at playing the draft. Nylander held a little risk attaching potentially a lot of talent to a guy who could regress not being on a wagon of an offense with a bunch of other studs. Even if he regressed his play a bit and couldn’t carry that team, whoever makes that deal loses immediately in that case.

I agree Gorton has done a good job but a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. We are hoping we get a high level talent with the 1st pick, if you could get Nylander with it you would guarantee you did. To your point about nylander being on a good team, yes that's true but he carried the team last year when they had injuries, he was even better when they put more work on him.

Beleskey, Lettieri and Georgiev sent down. Tokarski was brought up.

Rumor on the net is St.Louis has made Colton Parayko available. 25 yr old Righthanded d-man 6’5” 230lbs.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 12-03-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Rumor on the net is St.Louis has made Colton Parayko available. 25 yr old Righthanded d-man 6’5” 230lbs.
    Toronto should be all in on him, not sure who they would want to give up for him but they have a lot of pieces.

I agree Gorton has done a good job but a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. We are hoping we get a high level talent with the 1st pick, if you could get Nylander with it you would guarantee you did. To your point about nylander being on a good team, yes that's true but he carried the team last year when they had injuries, he was even better when they put more work on him.
    Yeah I hear what you’re saying. Think we just differ on opinion on this one. I think our 2 in the bush if you will is almost as good as one in the hand. This regime has been money. With how the kids are flowing in and performing I’d bet on myself if I’m this front office.

I like Parayko. He might be over-valued right now but I definitely hope they check in. I’d be more interested in what they want for Tarasenko.

Toronto should be all in on him, not sure who they would want to give up for him but they have a lot of pieces.
    I’m sure they will be. Dubas very active and could truly help them.

The new rumor is according to his agent, Kravstov plans on coming over once the KHL season is over. And since his current team( if he’s not traded to a play-off team) is currently out of the playoff season it will be sooner rather than later. But depending on who you listen to—and I can’t find the rules on the net, if he comes over it will be to play in the AHL as if he plays 10 games in the NHL his contract will kick in and he will have to be protected in the expansion draft.

The new rumor is according to his agent, Kravstov plans on coming over once the KHL season is over. And since his current team( if he’s not traded to a play-off team) is currently out of the playoff season it will be sooner rather than later. But depending on who you listen to—and I can’t find the rules on the net, if he comes over it will be to play in the AHL as if he plays 10 games in the NHL his contract will kick in and he will have to be protected in the expansion draft.
    Well, if Kravtov signs a contract at all it will burn the first year. Even if he’s just playing in the AHL. ELCs are not eligible for a first or second year contract slide if the contract is signed in the same calendar year as the play turning 20. So since Vitali will turn 20 during the 2019 calendar year and his contract is being signed in that same calendar year it’s not eligible for any slides.

I’m unclear if he’s eligible for an ATO or not but that would limit him to Hartford. It was also unclear to me whether he was saying he’s coming over to join the Rangers (that’s his desire and expectation) or is even open going to Hartford. Probably won’t clear up until closer to February.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast