4 66.67%
  • 40+

1 16.67%
  • Less than 40

1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    This team is pathetic. Up 28 points and blow it again.
    I guess we need Eldeman to start a Beat LA Chat.

This team Blows against LA and other California teams.

Thought it couldnít get worse after to the loss to the lakers boy was I wrong, I canít remember watching a more embarrassing game

What an absolute f'n disgrace. 12 pts in the 3rd quarter then give up 42 in the 4th. What happened to this defense? They give up so many wide open shots. They have no idea how to defend a screen, it's embarrassing. That's why I would have been fine trading Kyrie, they are going nowhere with him and nowhere without him.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccanman View Post
    What an absolute f'n disgrace. 12 pts in the 3rd quarter then give up 42 in the 4th. What happened to this defense? They give up so many wide open shots. They have no idea how to defend a screen, it's embarrassing. That's why I would have been fine trading Kyrie, they are going nowhere with him and nowhere without him.
    Lol, what? With Kyrie healthy they donít lose that game. This post makes no sense.

Trading Kyrie will set this franchise back years. You donít acquire a star like him and then dump him right after.

Ainge is going to pair Kyrie with other stars (hopefully Davis). Thatís how you win, not trading your stars away. This forum ****ing blows.

Quote Originally Posted by ZH721 View Post
    Lol, what? With Kyrie healthy they donít lose that game. This post makes no sense.

Trading Kyrie will set this franchise back years. You donít acquire a star like him and then dump him right after.

Ainge is going to pair Kyrie with other stars (hopefully Davis). Thatís how you win, not trading your stars away. This forum ****ing blows.

And if Kyrie bails and signs with the Knicks or whoever? Trade everyone for Davis who said he won't sign long term?

With Kyrie they lost to a garbage Lakers team at home. Instead of smothering us with smugness, how about providing an argument for once.

Marcus Morris said this postgame last night. Gee, I wonder if the 'culture of individuals' has anything to do with their superstar who, just days ago, declared that he would 'do what's best for his career' and 'doesn't owe anyone ****'.

"I watch all these other guys around the league; guys are jumping on the bench, jumping on the court, theyíre doing other stuff and it looks like they're enjoying their teammates' success, they're enjoying everything, they're playing together and they're playing to win. When I look at us, I just see a bunch of individuals."

Quote Originally Posted by elements1985 View Post
    With Kyrie they lost to a garbage Lakers team at home. Instead of smothering us with smugness, how about providing an argument for once.

Marcus Morris said this postgame last night. Gee, I wonder if the 'culture of individuals' has anything to do with their superstar who, just days ago, declared that he would 'do what's best for his career' and 'doesn't owe anyone ****'.

"I watch all these other guys around the league; guys are jumping on the bench, jumping on the court, theyíre doing other stuff and it looks like they're enjoying their teammates' success, they're enjoying everything, they're playing together and they're playing to win. When I look at us, I just see a bunch of individuals."
    Exactly. ZH constantly makes excuses for this teams poor play. We shouldn't have lost last night game even without KI. How do you blow a 28 point lead in the second half? Easy you have a bunch of individuals who like to dribble for 20 seconds then throw up a brick with 4 seconds left in the possession. I'm a celtics fan but this team is not fun to watch. July 1 can't come soon enough to make some much needed changes on this team.

Exactly. ZH constantly makes excuses for this teams poor play. We shouldn't have lost last night game even without KI. How do you blow a 28 point lead in the second half? Easy you have a bunch of individuals who like to dribble for 20 seconds then throw up a brick with 4 seconds left in the possession. I'm a celtics fan but this team is not fun to watch. July 1 can't come soon enough to make some much needed changes on this team.
    This market has learned nothing from the Patriots' dynasty IMO. Sure, NBA is very different from NFL. But the principles of team sports translate: talent alone doesn't mean winning. Teams adopt the traits of their best players. Choosing a superstar > system is usually organizational suicide.

Now people are now calling for Stevens to be replaced. The idea of blaming the culture of selfishness on, say, Terry Rozier and his 23 MPG is absolutely laughable to me.

This market has learned nothing from the Patriots' dynasty IMO. Sure, NBA is very different from NFL. But the principles of team sports translate: talent alone doesn't mean winning. Teams adopt the traits of their best players. Choosing a superstar > system is usually organizational suicide.

Now people are now calling for Stevens to be replaced. The idea of blaming the culture of selfishness on, say, Terry Rozier and his 23 MPG is absolutely laughable to me.
    I wouldn't go as far as saying he needs to be replaced but he's done a pretty terrible job this season. Don't know if it's his fault or the roster he has is handcuffing him. I think next season will be better. Rozier won't be on the team and Morris most likely won't either so playing minutes won't need to be spread out as much.

It would be fun to watch AD, KI, AH, and GH play together but we did make it to game 7of the CF last season without any of our star players so I do agree the system is what usually wins championships not star players. Though Cleveland is the exception with lebron
    Last edited by bosox1899; 02-10-2019 at 04:17 PM.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he needs to be replaced but he's done a pretty terrible job this season. Don't know if it's his fault or the roster he has is handcuffing him. I think next season will be better. Rozier won't be on the team and Morris most likely won't either so playing minutes won't need to be spread out as much.

It would be fun to watch AD, KI, AH, and GH play together but we did make it to game 7of the CF last season without any of our star players so I do agree the system is what wins championships usually not star players with Cleveland being the exception with lebron
    On last season: let's remember that the C's were abysmal on the road in the play-offs. Without Kyrie you don't get home court and without home court you're out in Round 1. So the idea that they achieved ECF GM 7 completely independent of Irving isn't really true.

On Stevens: it's very likely the organization is walking on eggshells around Kyrie -- to the point that it's restricting his ability to coach. It feels like Brad is losing his grip on the team. Which is disappointing because the C's, I thought, were creating a new paradigm in the league.

The Lakers set their franchise record for 3-pointers made. Yet another terrible, completely ignorant post.

The culture with Kyrie was fine last year. Itís not him. Itís the young players who think theyíre better than they actually are.

The Lakers set their franchise record for 3-pointers made. Yet another terrible, completely ignorant post.

The culture with Kyrie was fine last year. Itís not him. Itís the young players who think theyíre better than they actually are.
    Kyrie had a (14) in +/- in that game, 17 Game Score, but we'll let the perimeter defense in a LAL record-setting game go.

That's the talking point from C's media - blame the young guys. Which ones exactly? And can we get any specific instances?

And how often does quality veteran leadership let young guys run roughshod over the team?
    Last edited by elements1985; 02-10-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Kyrie had a (14) in +/- in that game, 17 Game Score, but we'll let the perimeter defense in a LAL record-setting game go.

That's the talking point from C's media - blame the young guys. Which ones exactly? And can we get any specific instances?

And how often does quality veteran leadership let young guys run roughshod over the team?
    Brownís body language has been bad all year. Going from a starter and playoff star to having Gordon Hayward take some of his minutes upset him.

Rozier also saw a big decrease in minutes and is a free agent in the off-season, almost certainly losing himself millions of dollars.

Kyrie, Morris, Horford, etc just want to win. Theyíve earned their minutes and know what it takes to win as veterans. No one wants to babysit.

Brownís body language has been bad all year. Going from a starter and playoff star to having Gordon Hayward take some of his minutes upset him.

Rozier also saw a big decrease in minutes and is a free agent in the off-season, almost certainly losing himself millions of dollars.

Kyrie, Morris, Horford, etc just want to win. Theyíve earned their minutes and know what it takes to win as veterans. No one wants to babysit.
    So star player saying he 'doesn't owe anyone ****' doesn't play into a culture of selfishness? Anyone I'm assuming could mean Ainge, Stevens, teammates, fans.

Irving, Morris, Horford -- these are all established NBA veterans. You're arguing two young players on the 2nd unit alone are killing this team? Very hard to believe. I think it's a combo of failed leadership at the top with malcontents at the bottom.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast